JeepersCreepersJL

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
@JeepersCreepersJL

So, was it the ground. How did you correct it? Did the video help?

Anyway, glad you got-er done!!!

Hey, good looking JL you have...
Thanks! And I'm really not sure how it started working, I got a test light and checked all the wires and stuff. Got frustrated with it and started working on the front bumper, when I got done with the front, I went back to the rear and tried everything again and it was working fine haha. Oh well, at least it works now.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks! And I'm really not sure how it started working, I got a test light and checked all the wires and stuff. Got frustrated with it and started working on the front bumper, when I got done with the front, I went back to the rear and tried everything again and it was working fine haha. Oh well, at least it works now.
@JeepersCreepersJL

Whatever you did you must have knocked it around so to speak and in the process you grounded that license plate light... Good you got a test light.... will come in handy..

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
Soft top folks:

What's it called when you remove the windows but keep the roof on?

Sponsored

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Hey, figured this didn't deserve it's own thread. Checked around but couldn't see a good answer.

My dealer provided not only the velcro straps for holding the soft top armature tight in Sunriver mode, but also these elastic snap straps:

Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread 20200828_075658

Was stumped until during some random eBay research, I saw a similar item listed as "JL window strap". Looking at my soft top, I saw this:

Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread 20200828_075629

Matching snaps on either side of the back of the soft top. I went ahead and tried it - that rear window really doesn't roll well, so this is as good as I got:

Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread 20200828_080104

Kinda pointless. Doesn't get the window up very high, and felt like my side windows might fall right out. Guess my question is, is this just some afterthought that was discarded, but they're still supplying the parts for? Or am I doing it wrong?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Hey, figured this didn't deserve it's own thread. Checked around but couldn't see a good answer.

My dealer provided not only the velcro straps for holding the soft top armature tight in Sunriver mode, but also these elastic snap straps:

Jeep Wrangler JL QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread 20200828_080104

Was stumped until during some random eBay research, I saw a similar item listed as "JL window strap". Looking at my soft top, I saw this:

Matching snaps on either side of the back of the soft top. I went ahead and tried it - that rear window really doesn't roll well, so this is as good as I got:

Kinda pointless. Doesn't get the window up very high, and felt like my side windows might fall right out. Guess my question is, is this just some afterthought that was discarded, but they're still supplying the parts for? Or am I doing it wrong?
You did it correctly. I don't bother but flip the window up onto the top when needed.

Sponsored

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Exactly. Doors off/top down is the default.
Once I've saved enough to have them ordered and then immediately painted when they arrive, I'm going JCR halves/top down 24/7 (or whenever sunny). Probably not til '21 as I don't think there's enough good days left this year.

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR; '17 F-250 FX4 Platinum; '15 Tesla S 85D; '15 Volvo XC60 T6; '16 Ducati Monster 1200R; '09 Vans RV-6
Occupation
Navy "Mustang" (ret); Engineering Manager, Space/Maritime Programs
As much as I’d like to read all 126 pages of this thread to possibly find the answer...I won’t. So here goes my silly question:

The Rubicon comes with two red hooks on the front and a single red hook on the back. Are these considered, by FCA, to be the recovery points when using a snatch strap or a winch, or just for looks (underbite of a wild boar)? If not, what ARE they for? Asking for a friend.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
As much as I’d like to read all 126 pages of this thread to possibly find the answer...I won’t. So here goes my silly question:

The Rubicon comes with two red hooks on the front and a single red hook on the back. Are these considered, by FCA, to be the recovery points when using a snatch strap or a winch, or just for looks (underbite of a wild boar)? If not, what ARE they for? Asking for a friend.
Yes, they're legit recovery points (on all Wranglers, not just the red Rubicon ones.)

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
* Accessory wires are energized when the rig is on. Your dash's 12V is one. Battery wires always supply power, like, out of the factory (changeable by the user) the cargo area 12V, if equipped.
Does this mean the rear cargo 12V connector can be changed to be ignition switched? Can anyone provide info on that?