OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Oh so I can have it in the engine bay but tucked under? I thought I had to be behind the foam stuff.
I have two layers of PET braided covering over 14 gauge THHN wire and it should be fine (and much easier for you to install it and potentially remove it if the need arises).
Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I have two layers of PET braided covering over 14 gauge THHN wire and it should be fine (and much easier for you to install it and potentially remove it if the need arises).
I just planned On using Baja’s harnesses. I have braided covering but it’s more for looks when I make customers exposed speaker wire for in room speakers.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just planned On using Baja’s harnesses. I have braided covering but it’s more for looks when I make customers exposed speaker wire for in room speakers.
Do they have a harness? I made my own because they did not have a "plug and play" harness.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Do they have a harness? I made my own because they did not have a "plug and play" harness.
They do. The squad sports I got come with a y splitter and a extension that hs the fuse and switch but since I have the aux switches I won’t use that end tension one and just use the y splitter one. They said it’s long enough to reach side to side with thier terminal toon harness. That is the wrong term but what it is is just a plug to connect the time splitter one to go back to the aux switches. It’s other end is a ground loop termination and then u tie in the power on ur own. I guess between the tails from the lights, ysplitter, and termination extension it is long enough to go from one side to another. I hope I explained that right.

So how I understand it plug and play except for the power end. Everything else is thier plugs and the ground is already terminated to go onto a body bolt.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just some final cleanup on the plate where the relays mount and it will be ready to be installed. I used Mopar PGE touch-up spray paint to paint it and it was very close, not a perfect match, but close enough. I only painted the top, sides, and underneath on the mounting bolt area. I used 400 grit to polish the relay mounting area and the underside where the cooling fins are. This plate moves the relays further apart and offsets them so the wiring is not cramped as it is on the original plate.

Many thanks to @Twistedfab for his fantastic machine work!

This new plate will replace the one in the last photo:

2I8CG4.jpg

2I8xF2.jpg

dTZX9t.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
All done and very happy with how it turned out.

2ThNQp.jpg

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Here are the mounts and the lights (lights came in a bit ago). Now, to build the wiring harness and mount.

dChgtV.jpg
These mounts look a lot like the Rugged Ridge I just picked up. The mounts come with washer, bolt, plastic spacer, washer for the install. But the damn bolts are short or I’m an idiot. I need to give them a call as I cannot find anything online about it. Must be user error...

969BD71F-268A-48F6-8F17-934D9DB08E5C.png

207F0422-C7D3-4FF5-8177-9CBD6318889F.jpeg

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
These mounts look a lot like the Rugged Ridge I just picked up. The mounts come with washer, bolt, plastic spacer, washer for the install. But the damn bolts are short or I’m an idiot. I need to give them a call as I cannot find anything online about it. Must be user error...

Jeep Wrangler JL Cowl Mounts For Baja Design Lights 207F0422-C7D3-4FF5-8177-9CBD6318889F

Jeep Wrangler JL Cowl Mounts For Baja Design Lights 207F0422-C7D3-4FF5-8177-9CBD6318889F
I had to send those mounts back to Baja Designs--they were not strong enough to hold the Sport XL lights. I bought the KC Hilites cowl mounts which were rock solid and have been very happy with those.

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I had to send those mounts back to Baja Designs--they were not strong enough to hold the Sport XL lights. I bought the KC Hilites cowl mounts which were rock solid and have been very happy with those.
Right but I can’t get mine installed. The provided bolt is the same length as the stock. However, that will not work with the spacer and washers. I’m just staring at it like I must be dumb....lol.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Those would likely work.

Ran out to Lowe’s. 50mm are long enough. The provided ones are just short. Lowe’s didn’t have black or hex, at least I can finish the install.

I’ll have to email them and let them know. They are providing 40mm the same length as OEM. Makes no sense as they include spacers and washers needed for the install too.

OEM - Rugged - Lowe’s.

649FCD4E-F829-488C-B084-7530C35D498A.jpeg

FCF5C666-CE7A-47E0-9EEB-490A0AA86377.jpeg
Sponsored