Mopar CHMSL Relocation Kit Part Number: 82215349

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
  • Banned
I have the install instructions in regard to this relocation kit in pdf form.
Click here for pdf install instructions: https://www.allmoparparts.com/docs/82215349.pdf

Install seems pretty straight forward and not to be to big of a project. Kit retails for about $75+-.

Ok, ?

Has anyone on this forum actually done this install?

I know some may have had someone else do the install / dealership, etc., but have you actually done this install?

If you have done this install, could you please, talk a little of your install experience here.

Also... can this relocation kit be used by someone with a completely stock JL/JLU ? Say if someone just wants to individualize the look of their JL, etc..

For those that did the install can you see any reason / kit limitations, etc., that the kit cannot be used on a stock JL/JLU? To me it looks like a can do install..

Mopar say's kit: Can be used as a stand-alone component or with Oversized Spare Tire Carrier Modification Kit (P/N 82215355) & Tailgate Reinforcement System (P/N 82215356AB)

Thanks in advance for your input on this! Would be nice to see picks of this offering on the back of your JL/JLU.

s-l1600.jpg
ll.JPG

My 500th post on this forum. Oh my...
My friggin JL better get here soon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Never3nuff

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR , '18 Jaguar F-Pace S
Occupation
retired
You can use this on a stock JL. I installed it the same time as my tailgate reinforcement system and spare tire relocation bracket. What i don't like about it is the extra steps it takes to remove it when you need to use the spare. I think it's overpriced for what it is. Install wasn't too bad sine I already had everything removed to install the tailgate reinforcement and spare tire relocation bracket. Here is a pic of it installed on my Jeep with a 37" spare

fullsizeoutput_13bc.jpeg

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
  • Banned
@Never3nuff ... That ass end looks great! That made up my mind. I will be installing the relocation kit. I'm not concerned that I would have extra steps if I needed to use the spare.

I don't use spare in my rotations and like most flat tires are not all that common these days. Geeez, that looks good! Thanks much for taking the time to post the pic.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have the install instructions in regard to this relocation kit in pdf form.
Click here for pdf install instructions: https://www.allmoparparts.com/docs/82215349.pdf

Install seems pretty straight forward and not to be to big of a project. Kit retails for about $75+-.

Ok, ?

Has anyone on this forum actually done this install?

I know some may have had someone else do the install / dealership, etc., but have you actually done this install?

If you have done this install, could you please, talk a little of your install experience here.

Also... can this relocation kit be used by someone with a completely stock JL/JLU ? Say if someone just wants to individualize the look of their JL, etc..

For those that did the install can you see any reason / kit limitations, etc., that the kit cannot be used on a stock JL/JLU? To me it looks like a can do install..

Mopar say's kit: Can be used as a stand-alone component or with Oversized Spare Tire Carrier Modification Kit (P/N 82215355) & Tailgate Reinforcement System (P/N 82215356AB)

Thanks in advance for your input on this! Would be nice to see picks of this offering on the back of your JL/JLU.

s-l1600.jpg
ll.JPG

My 500th post on this forum. Oh my...
My friggin JL better get here soon.
Whats the difference in this one and the other one i see the dealer putting on thats goes with the one that also carry s the tire for the extra weight ?

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
  • Banned
Whats the difference in this one and the other one i see the dealer putting on thats goes with the one that also carry s the tire for the extra weight ?
There is only this Mopar relocation kit, part# and it looks just as in the pic I posted earlier. The relocation kit can be used as a stand-alone component or with Oversized Spare Tire Carrier Modification Kit (P/N 82215355) & Tailgate Reinforcement System (P/N 82215356AB).

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
There is only this relocation kit and it looks just as in the picture. The relocation kit can be used as a stand-alone component or with Oversized Spare Tire Carrier Modification Kit (P/N 82215355) & Tailgate Reinforcement System (P/N 82215356AB)
The one that dealer quoted me on it had a tailgate reinforcement system for 6:25 and then there was an oversized spare tire carrier modification kit for 275 and the camera was still like it was from the factory it didn't have the brake light in the middle which one is that

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
the one the dealer uses that i saw the rear camera was in the same spot. on this one where is the back up camera ?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The one that dealer quoted me on it had a tailgate reinforcement system for 6:25 and then there was an oversized spare tire carrier modification kit for 275 and the camera was still like it was from the factory it didn't have the brake light in the middle which one is that
what does this one sell for ?

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
  • Banned
Jeff... What the dealer is selling you is the Oversized Spare Tire Carrier Modification Kit (P/N 82215355) and also the Tailgate Reinforcement System (P/N 82215356AB) and not the additional Mopar CHMSL Relocation Kit Part Number: 82215349.

With what you your dealer is installing, the brake light would stay up high, just above the spare tire.

As for the camera, it always stays exactly in the location as it came from the factory. None of there add-on Mopar kits fool with the camera location.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
They rewired the brake light or something but it's pulls up tall enough for 37 I've seen it in person how much is that get sell for to relocate the brake light so I wouldn't need the one he selling for 275 ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
what does this one sell for ?
Mopar CHMSL Relocation Kit Part Number: 82215349 can be purchased on eBAY for as little as $74.95 which includes free shipping.

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
They rewired the brake light or something but it's pulls up tall enough for 37 I've seen it in person how much is that get sell for to relocate the brake light so I wouldn't need the one he selling for 275 ?
Jeff, you do need both the Oversized Spare Tire Carrier Modification Kit (P/N 82215355) and Tailgate Reinforcement System (P/N 82215356AB). You do not need the Mopar CHMSL Relocation Kit unless you want the brake light lower.. in the center of the spare.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
But you're still using the one that sells for like $600 right that goes against the tailgate where the original hinges were and Carries all the weight. For 37 Tire you have to have something that carrys the extra weight that's just a relocator for the light right

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Jeff, you do need both the Oversized Spare Tire Carrier Modification Kit (P/N 82215355) and Tailgate Reinforcement System (P/N 82215356AB). You do not need the Mopar CHMSL Relocation Kit unless you want the brake light lower.. in the center of the spare.
So the way the dealer is doing that i have seen is he making the brake light stay where it is by modifying it and not using this one where you put it in the wheel right ?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Okay so this is just an extra piece to put the light in the middle of the tire if I don't want it on top like you're saying got it thanks
Sponsored