Sponsored

Anyone else had Water/Moisture inside radio screen like this?

Crystalee

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Yeah. They ordered the parts a week ago so I’m waiting to hear from them. I’m headed out of town next week so I may just wait until I get back to take it in.
My only concern is it seems to be an issue with that particular brand so even if they fix it I bet it will happen again and be out of warranty ☹
Sponsored

OP
OP
inn8ive

inn8ive

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Technical Director
Vehicle Showcase
Dealership has a new radio on order under warranty. Should be getting it replaced shortly. They were not surprised and seems like it's a pretty common issue on some 2018 and 2019 models. Hopefully the new one doesn't have the same issue. At least it doesn't affect functionality. My Jeep lives outside in FL weather, so could be a heat thing.

greek9

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2013 Audi S5
@Crystalee @72Blazer What was the process like to get it replaced? Did you drop it off at the dealership for their initial look at the problem? Then go back later that day to pick it up, as they had to order parts? Then when going back for replacement, how long did it take?

Have my service visit set for next Tuesday morning. Did you get a loaner for any part of the service visits? @JeepCares should a loaner be expected for this type of warranty work? Just trying to make arrangements to get to work.

Crystalee

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
@Crystalee @72Blazer What was the process like to get it replaced? Did you drop it off at the dealership for their initial look at the problem? Then go back later that day to pick it up, as they had to order parts? Then when going back for replacement, how long did it take?

Have my service visit set for next Tuesday morning. Did you get a loaner for any part of the service visits? @JeepCares should a loaner be expected for this type of warranty work? Just trying to make arrangements to get to work.
I stayed at the dealership while they looked at it but I already knew what the issue was. It got back fairly quickly. Started in the left corner maybe a dime size but now it’s almost 50% of the screen in just a few weeks. They said they don’t see this issue too often at the dealership in my town. Your wait will vary depending on How busy the dealership is but I went in first thing and was told it would only be about 30 min but it took close to two hours just to have them look at it, run the paperwork and order the part.
It’s my understanding they have to replace the entire radio. I was told it could take anywhere between 2 weeks to two months for the part to come in. I do not believe a loner is needed as it should be a quick fix but I am not sure on that. You’d have to talk to your local dealership. Best of luck!

Hellraizer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just encountered this as well about a week or 2 ago. Was wondering what the hell was going on. Guess I will be making a trip to the stealership next week. It has now grown well past the repeat button in the pics. Oddly enough it appeared the next day after I had been wheeling and was getting her all cleaned up. Does anyone think there is a connection to that. I bought the jeep to drive it like it was made for . Also for what it's worth I was really trying to avoid the mud but it ended up being unavoidable. :angry: I took forever to get the inside clean again next time I think I will run doors.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else had Water/Moisture inside radio screen like this? 20200713_203958
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else had Water/Moisture inside radio screen like this? 20200716_071952
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else had Water/Moisture inside radio screen like this? 20200711_175436

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

I just encountered this as well about a week or 2 ago. Was wondering what the hell was going on. Guess I will be making a trip to the stealership next week. It has now grown well past the repeat button in the pics. Oddly enough it appeared the next day after I had been wheeling and was getting her all cleaned up. Does anyone think there is a connection to that. I bought the jeep to drive it like it was made for . Also for what it's worth I was really trying to avoid the mud but it ended up being unavoidable. :angry: I took forever to get the inside clean again next time I think I will run doors.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else had Water/Moisture inside radio screen like this? 20200711_175436
Hello all,
We are sorry to see that this has happened to your touchscreen! Please do not hesitate to send us a private message for additional support when working with your dealer. We would be happy to offer our assistance throughout your servicing visit.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Banditcar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
We have it in our 2018 8.4, as well.
It started late last year and progressively has gotten worse.
The main problem for us is that due to the pandemic keeping us from only doing what we absolutely need to do and not going to the dealer sooner, we are at 40k miles, right out of the bumper to bumper warranty.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else had Water/Moisture inside radio screen like this? DE48AE02-6C05-4748-AD29-87D512E04180

Vermillion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
This just started happening to my 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon last week (15k miles). It started small and is rapidly spreading from the top left corner to the screen. It's almost to the radio buttons now. I guess I will have to schedule to be brought in next week.

radio issue.jpg

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
@inn8ive I am having the same exact issue. I searched "water radio" and found this thread. Also, a 2 year old 2018.

Let us know what your dealer says when you get around to scheduling an appointment. I'm going to get a picture of mine up later tonight or tomorrow and will update whenever I attempt at dealer visit/repair.

Thanks for posting your issue as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else had Water/Moisture inside radio screen like this? radio issue

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else had Water/Moisture inside radio screen like this? radio issue
Same issue on mine in the same place. Dealer ordered a new one a few weeks ago and still hasn't come it. They said they have had to order quite a few.

themattparty

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I am having the same issue...a big concern for me is that I am over 40k miles, which is out of the bumper to bumper warranty. I have a feeling this is going to be a pain to get fixed. This is close to the 10th issue I've had with my 2 yr old car...

Has anyone been to the dealership and had this fixed while being out of warranty?

IMG_2063.jpeg

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I am having the same issue...a big concern for me is that I am over 40k miles, which is out of the bumper to bumper warranty. I have a feeling this is going to be a pain to get fixed. This is close to the 10th issue I've had with my 2 yr old car...

Has anyone been to the dealership and had this fixed while being out of warranty?

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else had Water/Moisture inside radio screen like this? IMG_2063
Try messaging @JeepCares

AndrewW007

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
Hello fellow Jeep brethren.

2yr old 2018 JLU.

I'm about to schedule a service call with my dealer, but wondering if anyone else has seen a build up of moisture like this in side their radio screen? This is an 8.4" Uconnect screen. Hard top, never been left topless in the rain, etc.

Started as a small area on the top left side and has since grown to span the width of the screen. I live in Florida, so humidity is definitely a thing, but would think this is some sort of factory defect.

Would love to see if anyone else has had this issue and if you've been able to get it fixed. I assume this would be covered under the 36k mi warranty.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else had Water/Moisture inside radio screen like this? IMG_2063
I live in Florida, and my 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk Radio is delaminated. I spoke to the dealership and they said it was probably because of the heat. They said they have been doing alot of replacement work on them lately. Unfortunately, my warranty is up because I drive far for work. It is going to cost me 1000 dollars to replace the screen quoted from my dealer, and thats if it JUST the screen. I think these radios are defective. My vehicle is hardly drive-able if you want to listen to the radio, or use your bluetooth. It changes itself every few seconds and it pure torture. I will never buy a Jeep product again.

AndrewW007

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is going to cost you close to 1000 dollars to fix. I inquired about getting an after market replacement, and was told that if I did, it could mess up my back up camera and other things because its like the main computer for the vehicle. I am above warranty as well, but I truly feel this product is defective. How can they charge us 1K to replace a screen?

AndrewW007

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

1000 dollars to fix it at the dealer ship. I am in the same boat as you. My radio changes itself every 8 seconds or so, its maddening. Yours will to soon when that Delamination gets bigger

AndrewW007

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stopped by the dealer yesterday. He looked at it and said he’s seen it across the board on all models. I need to take it in for a “diagnostic” then they will order the parts and I’ll have to leave it for a day. He also mentioned it typically does not encounter the same issue after the first replacement.
Glad yours is under warranty, Mine is not, and its going to cost me 1000 to get it fixed. Car is somewhat undrive-able because the radio changes from FM, to XM to Am every 8 seconds. I cant even turn it off, i just turn volume down and listen to my thoughts
Sponsored