Proximity Locks Issue

RubiHOG

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2017 Harley Road Glide
My jeep is about three months old and it seems to have developed a problem with the proximity locks. They work on the passenger side and the tailgate (2-door model), but when I put my hand in the drivers door handle nothing happens. If I pull the handle it then will recognize that my hand is in there and it will unlock the door. The problem is, it keeps trying to unlock the door over and over and over again. It clicks every second or so as it tries to re-unlock the door. Then, if I press the button to lock the doors it wonā€™t work. If I go to the tailgate and press the button it works, but then as I walk by the drivers door with the key in range it will just unlock by itself again.

Anyone experience anything like this before? I have already made sure that all the fuses are seated properly.
Sponsored

phranque1673

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Blue
Did this happen to start after you had the doors off? The pins in the door connector are easy to bend when putting them back on.

OP
OP
RubiHOG

RubiHOG

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did this happen to start after you had the doors off? The pins in the door connector are easy to bend when putting them back on.
I havenā€™t taken the doors off (yet).

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Op: this has not happened to me, yet. My Jeep is 8 months old.

a quick trip to a good dealer might solve this quickly. Iā€™m guessing that itā€™s the connector for the driver door.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Could be a bad sensor in the handle or magnet in the cap. Or as mentioned door connector issue. There also isn't much room for the door handle wiring to go around the glass and maybe it is shorting out. Dealer should have a factory procedure to go through to try different possibilities.

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
no problems with mine. just push the button with your finger and keep your hands away from the handle to avoid the constant unlocking.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
No problems with mine after 14 months.

Sounds like a warranty claim.

OP
OP
RubiHOG

RubiHOG

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, it was a bad sensor in the handle. Dealer replaced it a few months back and all is good again. Thanks for all yā€™allā€™s input!

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
My passenger side (2 door) isn't working... Same thing as others posted here... Put hand in and nothing... Troubleshot and nothing .... Assuming bad sensor. Off to the dealer again ā˜ŗ...
Sponsored