Magnuson Supercharger available $6495

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ive had a SC on a heavy 4x4 re-geared vehicle before. Its awesome to have both! Just more powah..
Sponsored

Biotequity

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The only word I just got from Magnuson is that the eTorque V6 with 48v mild hybrid system is not compatible. They did not know anything about any other issues.
This is why the 2020 Rubi V6 is so rare. They’re not making many now - loading up dealers w T4 engines.

Biotequity

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
So my install is done. I worked with one of my friends to install and it took 11 hours solid. The Magnusson kit is clean and good quality. The guys over at Petty's Garage have put together a really solid tune. The JL started right up, idles perfectly and has some good power. It is a SOLID tune. Is it a perfect tune, I don't think that exists. The JL drives different now so I'm going to take my time and reacquaint myself all over again.

The kit required some light modification as it seems there are some out of date pictures for the water low temp radiator install. Two of the molded hoses required cuts and one routing was not good so I rerouted differently so it wouldn't interfere with the steering.

61014326586__A144D40A-989A-4C5D-87AF-B68C4E8B9183.JPG

61014328121__C391D9AF-0EA1-4C6E-89CD-0A52C4E8C6B2.JPG

61023321432__F805EEEB-8C9B-48FB-92DF-8AF40C1BB57E.JPG

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg
Sick color! I am getting my Magnuson on the JL Rubi as we speak.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Great job ADMTECH, looks like they are planning to work on my tune again on Tuesday . Another professional " tune shope " suspect vacuum leak. Again, congrats !!!
Any update on this?

Sponsored

admTECH

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
thank you and good luck. please keep us updated on your install and experience.
Remember the PCM is going to go through a learn period. Give it some normal drives through the go pedal before you start getting on it.

KickinSaaS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Wrapped up a day of wheeling at Rausch Creek and was hanging in the Blue sections for most of the day. Got hung up on some rocks but had a blast. The rig held together like a champ. 80 on the way down. Wheeled for 5 hours and 80 on the way back. Maggie Kit is awesome.

528A1B8C-AE0B-4105-827B-4462F346E6FC.jpeg
Sweet! I just ordered a Maggie for my 2020. I’m tempted to put a throttle mod (HIKEit) on it. How is the acceleration with the SC? Any downside to the Maggie thus far?

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Sweet! I just ordered a Maggie for my 2020. I’m tempted to put a throttle mod (HIKEit) on it. How is the acceleration with the SC? Any downside to the Maggie thus far?
Can't they adjust the throttle performance via the ecu tune as they are tuning it for the supercharger itself?

Asking because I don't know and I am curious about this myself...

KickinSaaS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Can't they adjust the throttle performance via the ecu tune as they are tuning it for the supercharger itself?

Asking because I don't know and I am curious about this myself...
Not sure. Mine won’t be here for about a month. I’ll try running without the throttle control before adding, but I’d love to know what acceleration improvements people running the Maggie are seeing

admTECH

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Acceleration and Throttle Performance are very different things.

This kit vastly improves the Rigs acceleration north of 2k RPMs.

Throttle response is very different. Some can interpret it as a lazy throttle. I'm not sure I would describe it as such but it is very different. In my manual JL, I almost need to be engaging the clutch for the throttle to wake up. The throttle definitely does not like to be feathered.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Acceleration and Throttle Performance are very different things.

This kit vastly improves the Rigs acceleration north of 2k RPMs.

Throttle response is very different. Some can interpret it as a lazy throttle. I'm not sure I would describe it as such but it is very different. In my manual JL, I almost need to be engaging the clutch for the throttle to wake up. The throttle definitely does not like to be feathered.
is it possibly the drive by wire? That is typically the cause for laggy throttle response on new vehicles these days.

admTECH

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have no idea. There have been people who complained about throttle response on stock rigs. I'm sure a quick search will uncover lots of ideas on what is the deal.

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
is it possibly the drive by wire? That is typically the cause for laggy throttle response on new vehicles these days.
Yes, the JL uses throttle-by-wire... this is where products like you mentioned (pedal commander, pulsar, etc) come into play... they are manipulating the "signal" between the pedal and the ecu...

What I am wondering is, do tuners have any ability to alter the ecu in a way that would simulate what those products are doing to eliminate the need to use both?

But I think I need to stop asking questions and just get my #%$! forced induction installed and see for myself :)

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Hey there, curious to hear what your experience has been, now that your SC is mounted?

bw_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
I’ve been meaning to chime in on this thread for a while. I got my SC installed in March. Have 5.13 gears. Overall very happy with how it’s performed. I keep debating whether to go to 4.56 or 4.88 gears but it really hasn’t been an issue so haven’t gotten to it yet. I’ve used it to tow my boat multiple times with no issues, significant highway miles (makes fifth and sixth gears somewhat more usable - previously just stayed in fourth even at 80mph). Between the gears and the SC my fuel economy has actually increased. Planning to install the hikeit in the next week or two. Throttle response sucks below about 2500rpm but it was like that before the SC as well.
Sponsored