Sponsored

Show off your mud washing tool kit

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi,
A few days ago I got stuck on the other side of Courthouse Wash during a splash flood.

It seemed like it was going to take a long time to drain, so we went for it and I got our Rubicon muddy for the first time.

I learned years ago that I don't enjoy muddin', or cleaning up after muddin', so I was little annoyed at myself for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We washed the car off when we got home, but I think I would have liked to do a more thorough job on the under carriage.

I have read here that many people recommend using a lawn sprinkler, and that sounds like something I would like to try.

We have a xeriscape yard with a bunch of rocks and and some native plants. so I am unfamiliar with lawn sprinklers. There are a few different types of sprinkler at the hardware store, , and I got confused when I went to buy one.

Please, show me what you use and tell me if you think one type is better than the other.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Buy one of these for your pressure washer and be done with it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-Pressure-Washer-Water-Broom-RY31211/300701617
I bought one. The pressure washer broom was "okay" but the spray was too far from the bottom of the Jeep... So, of course, I modded it with bigger wheels. Works much better now.
I took the wheels off of one of the kids broken scooters, but these would work well too:
https://www.amazon.com/Z-FIRST-Scoo...rds=200mm+Scooter+Wheel&qid=1596028941&sr=8-3

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I bought one. The pressure washer broom was "okay" but the spray was too far from the bottom of the Jeep... So, of course, I modded it with bigger wheels. Works much better now.
I took the wheels off of one of the kids broken scooters, but these would work well too:
https://www.amazon.com/Z-FIRST-Scoo...rds=200mm+Scooter+Wheel&qid=1596028941&sr=8-3
I dont have any issue but have a gas washer which has higher pressure and an electric, which is OK
Also have some cars, and low profile allows me to use it on them, show us a pic of your Hot Rod washer broom with the bigger wheels.

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I happen to have an industrial pressure washer and have considered buying one of the brooms, but wondered if it would really be more effective than a long slow dousing. I had also considered that the height of the Jeep would likely make me want to put on bigger wheels. It's funny how one thing leads to another.

Having said that I am still interested in learning more about low pressure sprinkler solutions.

Thank you.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Hi JS, I take it that there's not a touch less drive through car wash in Moab that includes an under body spray?

Later,
Johnny

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hi JS, I take it that there's not a touch less drive through car wash in Moab that includes an under body spray?

Later,
Johnny
Pretty sure I´ve used one there. I´m not 100%, but I´m pretty sure the Chevron has a touchless wash with underbody spray. But it wasn´t enough to get all the cow $hit off the bottom that was mixed with mud. Not even close.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
oh. live in Maine, they douse roads with liquid calcium, this thing with the gas power washer works awesome, note have hot water plumbed into my garage, any time it gets near freezing on a weekend I zip this under my wifes Grand Cherokee and my PT winter beater, trust me it gets all the salt, sand and crap off the bottom of the cars, driveway looks like a beach covered with the sand, plus takes only few minutes and you dont get soaked. Someone on another forum gave me the tip and glad they did, good tool to have in the tool box.

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
If I don't wash the cars at the house, which I usually do, I stop by Red Rock because it is just a few blocks from our house. I like the fact that their water ionizer works, so I have stuck with what has been working.

I take my used oil to the nice people at Wash it Express, who collect it for recycling, and have been thinking I should check out their car wash stalls to see if I can support them in kind.

I had not thought about the Chevron, I can check it out but would like to get something going for the house.

Thank you!

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It seems like you have to start some sort of argument to get a response at this forum.

So, which one is best?

This?
71I2d2JuYpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This?
61a21XSvoCL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Or This?
61p9Cf4JkoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Did I miss one?

Let the debate begin!

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

It seems like you have to start some sort of argument to get a response at this forum.

So, which one is best?

This?
Jeep Wrangler JL Show off your mud washing tool kit 61p9Cf4JkoL._AC_SL1500_

This?

Or This?

Did I miss one?

Let the debate begin!
alot of people use the top one. it does a wave like motion which does a decent job. I myself will be ordering the amazon wheeled sprayer. i spend most my time in the deserts of CA and it doesnt get to muddy. but i am planning a trip in a couple months to sedona or MOAB. so this will be needed for when i get home LOL
Sponsored