When’s the Refresh coming?

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
With all of this Bronco news and hype, has me wondering...when will we see a mid cycle refresh for the JL to swing some momentum back into Jeeps court? I’m hoping the end of next summer as a 2022? Anyone?
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
For the JK, interior refresh came in 2011. New engine in 2012.

That would equate to the 2022 and 2023 model years which seems about right.

OP
OP
Respo

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I think just an interior update, wheel update, maybe tail light or trim update would be great

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary
I think just an interior update, wheel update, maybe tail light or trim update would be great
Knowing Jeep Wrangler history, I don’t think they have ever changed taillights, headlight, grills, etc on a mid cycle refresh. Expect new wheel options, updates to the interior, and tons of special editions. I bet the Mojave hood and aev style bumpers will be coming as well. The engine and transmissions are pretty modern so I don’t think there will be changes to that.

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
Rubicon will either come standard with 35s and a 2 inch factory lift or they will sell it as a package/special edition model. Interior updates are a given since it will have the new Uconnect 5, which will come with a 12 inch screen.

Most of the updates will be tech and the interior to reach parity with the Bronco. Basically more comfort features. This will be the “refresh” and will come in 2022.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
For the JK it was literally an interior refresh.

I expect bigger screens, wireless CarPlay/Android Auto, wireless phone charging, and more safety tech.

If they respond to the Bronco they will make more options standard and add an option for 35 inch tires from the factory (and hopefully more gearing options). For example moving some safety features and LED headlights to standard options.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I would guess, 3.0 Turbo six to replace pentastar, I would assume the full hybrid next year, maybe we get a hemi next year.

What would they do the interior?

Of course they can always parts bin engineer different models and throw in optional equip as standard to give more value, maybe some good rebates for loyalty, own one get 2000$ off your next one etc

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I would guess, 3.0 Turbo six to replace pentastar, I would assume the full hybrid next year, maybe we get a hemi next year.

What would they do the interior?

Of course they can always parts bin engineer different models and throw in optional equip as standard to give more value, maybe some good rebates for loyalty, own one get 2000$ off your next one etc
I think the Turbo i6 will be 2023 or maybe even 2024. Rumor is it is going in the Wagoneers and the new Grand Cherokee first. We haven't heard anything new about it in over 6 months. I don't think there is anything more important to the future of the American FCA brands than this engine.

They did the same thing with the JK. The engine refresh came after the interior refresh.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Received an e-mail this morning from Jeep with this as the lead in so this would be a nice "refresh":

Jeep Wrangler JL When’s the Refresh coming? 2020_07_30_07_58_30_Window
Yeah they are likely adding a Mojave, 4Xe, and Hemi on the current platform.

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
What are you expecting in the refresh? Unlike the JK from 07-10 the JLs interior is not outdated and one of the best around in my opinion. I would expect more engine offerings, more packages and better special editions but the interior likely will change very little with a refresh if at all.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Assuming I don’t change vehicles for the engine, should I just add a turbo onto my 3.6 vs. changing? Vehicles are like other electronics, constantly chasing the newest thing :facepalm: (I’m trying to stop). Tried the supercharger route on my JKU and while it was great, I couldn’t get the tune right and then had cylinder misfire codes... not sure if I want to enjoy that headache.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
What are you expecting in the refresh? Unlike the JK from 07-10 the JLs interior is not outdated and one of the best around in my opinion. I would expect more engine offerings, more packages and better special editions but the interior likely will change very little with a refresh if at all.
I think it is good for the style of SUV, to be truthful I wish it has a power seat adjustment fore/aft, when you get older you appreciate that, and I know people will say it has to be weather proof, but I would assume they could design something, tempted to remove a seat and see if I could graft a one of my older platform power seat tracks to one and wire it up. surprised no one in the after market hasnt given it a shot.

Per the 3.0, I would guess they are tooling up one of the engine plants and will see it in the new Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. Not sure if it will debut in them right away, but they need to start leaking some specs on them so people can start saving up if they want one.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Assuming I don’t change vehicles for the engine, should I just add a turbo onto my 3.6 vs. changing? Vehicles are like other electronics, constantly chasing the newest thing :facepalm: (I’m trying to stop). Tried the supercharger route on my JKU and while it was great, I couldn’t get the tune right and then had cylinder misfire codes... not sure if I want to enjoy that headache.
I wouldnt waste my time, either buy the new one or live with and enjoy your current Jeep. My strategy is never trade, add to the fleet and use the oldest ones as winter beaters. This way you cheat the depreciation lock in when you trade, you get multiple vehicles to drive all year, it is like getting a new car every few months :) I just swap insurance onto the ones I am driving and park the others under car covers, allows me to do agressive maintenance and detailing so they all look brand new.

When they get 15+ yrs old, and 200K+ miles I retire them. Sold my 03 PT GT when I got my Rubicon last year, still looked pretty good considering it went thru 16 Maine winters, most imports are toast up here in about 10, I rust proofed it and it only had on small bubble on lower rocker, rest of the car was solid.
Sponsored