Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
You dont need a 392 for wheeling in the least. It may actually hinder your wheeling in tech. It's more for street and fast offroading not to mention bragging rights. lol

I think the test mules still have 44s underneath them. that's a recipe for broken axles if I've ever seen. lol
Agreed the 44's can be a weak point. But I will say is the V8 made it easier to wheel every single time. At least for me anyway in Moab on larger tires. The only annoying part is they do use quite a bit more fuel for longer trails -- you will run out unless you carry gas.

I think if you would run stock tires or even maybe 35's... the 3.6 is ideal.
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Fab Fours is definitely a very divisive brand. I share your opinion, but they are still in business producing "grumpers" and "vicowls" so somebody likes this stuff.
Terrible people. That's who. I don't usually like to talk bad about others but they're the exact people with $6k in grille and LED front end mods and $6k in wheels but $500 in suspension, looking for "Jeep group meet ups" and not trail rides.

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
A V8 Wrangler will be nice, but not a good pairing with the JL’s poor steering. I have a hard enough time keeping my 2019 JLUR on the road as it is. Imagine what it will be like keeping a Hemi-powered JL in the lane while going zero to 60 as fast as this thing will go. I look for the Hemi version to show up about the time the Bronco is released. Good luck, Jeep.
You might consider doing a double check on all the bolt - nut torques (lock tite), caster - camber angles, 3rd gen dampener, and air pressures... I have a bone stock JLUR with a mopar 2"... anytime issues come up, it is a simple maintenance - tuning ( air pressures and tire rotation).. Im at 32K miles ( many of those towing) on 37" and dont have any of those issues your describing (today), I have before, but easy to solve.

BTW: $100 Airbags in the rear made a big difference on handling max loads..

hope that helps..

SilverII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
They need to bring this to market soon. Bronco6G is reporting 230K reservations for the big Broncos so far.....

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
They need to bring this to market soon. Bronco6G is reporting 230K reservations for the big Broncos so far.....
18 months off is what I read. People don't have that kind of attention span. Many will move on to something else well before then.

Sponsored

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
18 months off is what I read. People don't have that kind of attention span. Many will move on to something else well before then.
18 months is not the case. Deliveries scheduled to start April-May 2021 and reservation "deliveries" may continue into 2022.

They obviously revised their delivery estimate due to the 230K of reservations.

If anyone is curious
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/230k-bronco-reservations-received-already.3108/

I have a reservation as of July 15 (opened July 13). But with that said, I still don't have a VIN on my Rubi that I ordered on June 27 so who knows when that's going to be delivered. Which one I'm keeping? Don't know that either until I see the build configurator.

You're correct, some may drop off reservation but 230,000 is more volume than Jeep sells in an entire year.

As much as ya'll want the 392, it's a real shame they're not releasing that I6. If it even has similar behaviour to the BMW N55 twin turbo it would be a real treat. As much as I love the new Bronco, I6 would definitely sway me more than a 392.

R

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
18 months is not the case. Deliveries scheduled to start April-May 2021 and reservation "deliveries" may continue into 2022.

They obviously revised their delivery estimate due to the 230K of reservations.

If anyone is curious
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/230k-bronco-reservations-received-already.3108/

I have a reservation as of July 15 (opened July 13). But with that said, I still don't have a VIN on my Rubi that I ordered on June 27 so who knows when that's going to be delivered. Which one I'm keeping? Don't know that either until I see the build configurator.

You're correct, some may drop off reservation but 230,000 is more volume than Jeep sells in an entire year.

As much as ya'll want the 392, it's a real shame they're not releasing that I6. If it even has similar behaviour to the BMW N55 twin turbo it would be a real treat. As much as I love the new Bronco, I6 would definitely sway me more than a 392.

R
Really curious to see how many of that 230 they actually sell. It's really easy to get caught up in the hype at a measly $100 deposit. Some of em are probably scalpers hoping to flip em, others finances may be completely different by the time they need to actually talk money.

Who knows. Genuinely curious.

I also wonder how many they can actually produce in a year?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
If Ford was serious about 'reservations for purchase' and not 'reservations for marketing hype' they would have required a $1000 deposit...

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
If Ford was serious about 'reservations for purchase' and not 'reservations for marketing hype' they would have required a $1000 deposit...
$1000 deposit gets you an ACTUAL order though. Who would do that without knowing the actual configuration of their truck? There would have been very few at that price. I think this is a tool to help them judge interest, some will be cancelled, but even so, there still is interest and some of the "reservations" will no doubt turn into possible dealer inventory which that original reservation holder will no doubt go to look at when it's on the showroom floor.

Pure and simple. This is interest gauge, nothing more at this point.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I want to be first in line for a V8 but clearly you haven't seen this...

50“ wheels... 5 speed, older 3.6 with less torque down low and Jay, who's not a Jeep guy, refers to acceleration as "the stock engine moves along pretty good"...

Lesson: Re-gear if you have bigger wheels...
I saw that thing in Moab at the EJS in 2015. It was unreal!

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
$1000 deposit gets you an ACTUAL order though. Who would do that without knowing the actual configuration of their truck? There would have been very few at that price. I think this is a tool to help them judge interest, some will be cancelled, but even so, there still is interest and some of the "reservations" will no doubt turn into possible dealer inventory which that original reservation holder will no doubt go to look at when it's on the showroom floor.

Pure and simple. This is interest gauge, nothing more at this point.

Not really, even Ford was/is asking $500 for reservations for the Mustang Mach-E. Other companies have often asked for $1000 deposit / reservations for upcoming speciality models. Heck even years ago when I was in the automotive business, Mercedes would ask $1000 reservation for specialty new models...
Point I was making is the '$100 reservation deposit' was primarily a marketing move...
And for those who do not seem to grasp the obvious, it was an excellent marketing straggly. It will be interesting to see what percentage of these 'reservations' become actual sales...

Last edited:

SilverII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Not really, even Ford was/is asking $500 for reservations for the Mustang Mach-E. Other companies have often asked for $1000 deposit / reservations for upcoming speciality models. Heck even years ago when I was in the automotive business, Mercedes would ask $1000 reservation for specialty new models...
Point I was making is the '$100 reservation deposit' was primarily a marketing move...
Well, it worked very well. Good for Ford

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
It absolutely did. I think it'll be interesting to see how many actually order. I would bet half--tops.
If the economy is back booming again or on the verge, I'd bet a lot closer to all of the reservations rather than half.