Sponsored

Make the JEEP Toledo factory a tourist destination!

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i've been to the corvette museum not only seeing the vettes but the sinkhole too. and factory tour twice.. i've also done the ford f-150 plant tour and the ford museum. jeep did have the plant tour along time ago. it would be awesome it jeep offers the tour again because i would like to go.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
what about the national Jeep museum in Atlanta?
where is that one. ive been down to atlanta. is this something new.

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
I would go if they had something like that. Probably the only reason I would have to go to Toledo.

Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
C'mon. Jeep doesn't want anyone to actually see how the sausage is made :LOL:

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
C'mon. Jeep doesn't want anyone to actually see how the sausage is made :LOL:
OK, I can't stop laughing after that one! :LOL: I drove both of my dad's Corvettes ('95 & '08) and I don't think they were built very well. Some may argue with it but I think a Wrangler is better built.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Have a Service Dept exhibit where FCA can deny your warranty claim BEFORE your Jeep is actually built.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
The Wrangler and Corvette are probably the top 2 American automotive icons in the world. They both have unbelievable followings.

The Corvette is made in Bowling Green KY. GM offers factory tours to the public of the Corvette factory. Right across the street is the National Corvette Museum. GM offers several options for Corvette buyers to personalize the experience. There are options to build your own engine, select your own unique VIN number, watch your Corvette being built on the line, picture albums of the experience, and delivery at the National Corvette Museum. The Museum is across the street from the factory. There is a race track behind the Museum.

Hey JEEP CARES…here is pitch. Make the Toledo Jeep Wrangler factory a national tourist destination. Run this idea up the flag pole to someone at FCA.

*Offer factory tours. Tourist can watch a great American Icon being made by a proud American workforce.

*Open a National JEEP Museum that highlights the history and significance of the Wrangler in American history. Display every JEEP.

*Offer a personalized delivery option where owners can pick up their new Wrangler at the Factory or Museum.

*Have a JEEP themed cafe that offers classic outdoor Americana cuisine.

*Open a JEEP themed gift store that sells JEEP clothing, memorabilia and Wrangler accessories.

*Most importantly build a realistic outdoor road course where people can ride along. Build a obstacle course that highlights and shows off the Wranglers off road capabilities. Something like what FCA/JEEP already does at auto shows but BIGGER! Something outdoors on a much larger scale. Maybe replicate short portions of different iconic trails with rock climbing, water fording, trails with obstacles, etc.

I think a lot of people would come away with the Wrangler and Jeep brand burned into their memories after a experience like this. Adults and kids a like will want Wranglers for generations after a visit.

Toledo would benefit from tourism.

FCA can thank me later! lol.
Aren't visitors usually visiting defunct automobile factories ?

BADBREW

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon JLUR
I’ll take a 1941 Blend lager and a Rubicon burger with Mud fries (chili-cheese) to go for the factory and museum tour.:beer:

Sponsored

Killdozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sport
They will have you show up to build your wrangler then when you get there tell you they are sorry that you have been moved back to D status try again later. They can't deal with the orders they have now let alone with the distraction of tours and more delay.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
i like the tour idea. maybe not building your own engine, or jeep. but i think the factory tour and a museum on site would be pretty cool. i would definitely go. as others have said the corvette museum is incredible, and with jeeps history a museum would be really neat. Ive also been thru a couple of the Harley plants and enjoyed them as well. I love seeing how stuff is built.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I've done a bunch of private family tours. It's very meticulous how you can move through the plant to the point it has yellow arrows on the floor. It's pretty cool but don't really think you're missing all that much.

It's a nice, clean factory now the Italians took over. You should have seen the old days on Willys.

Jeep Wrangler JL Make the JEEP Toledo factory a tourist destination! 1596035645481

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I've done a bunch of private family tours. It's very meticulous how you can move through the plant to the point it has yellow arrows on the floor. It's pretty cool but don't really think you're missing all that much.

It's a nice, clean factory now the Italians took over. You should have seen the old days on Willys.

1596035645481.png
It's not Italian anymore with the pending Peugeot and FCA merger. Vive la france. lol. Peugeot is supposed to have better quality control. Hope the merger helps the Jeep product line. Fingers crossed anyway. lol.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/fca-psa-merger-2021/

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Just wait until FCA's lawyers get involved.... especially in this current panic-driven germaphobic environment. Some corporate suit will immediately break-out in a cold sweat and any hope will be dashed forever.
Further consideration will question how much money is to be made from running such tours, both in their being a profitable endeavor on their own, and in increasing sales, as well as the risk to expose proprietary processes accidently, that competition without said tours will likely sign up for, hidden cameras in tow.

I do though think it might be fun to be a part of.
Sponsored