Sponsored

JL Maintenance Issue Help (Pulls to the Right and Dealership has Taken 2 Months)

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I think the Lemon Law time period has well since passed. Ive had the car almost 2 years! Come to think of it, it really only started when they put that track bar in there due to the recall.

Yup.
If I’m honest, my 2018 did the same thing after the recall. All was fine and then it started to nose dive to the right the day I picked it up. I basically drove it for a few months (thinking I was crazy) and then it just went away.
Clearly not saying you pick it up and see if that works. Just saying that you might be right to question that recall adjustment.
Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Did you use a lemon law? Or did you get it fixed somehow?
I filed for arbitration and won my case. I had four dealer visits and they turned me away from my fifth appointment because they had no idea what to do.

My '20 Recon is the replacement.

OP
OP

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Unlimited Sport S (Sold); 2019 JLUR
I filed for arbitration and won my case. I had four dealer visits and they turned me away from my fifth appointment because they had no idea what to do.

My '20 Recon is the replacement.
Wow, yeah, Im starting to think this may be what I need to do. I know it is state specific, but did you contact the dealership first before you filed your lawsuit? Did you file it in court or did you file directly into arbitration.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Wow, yeah, Im starting to think this may be what I need to do. I know it is state specific, but did you contact the dealership first before you filed your lawsuit? Did you file it in court or did you file directly into arbitration.
I went through here after FCA gave up on my Jeep:
https://www.ncdsusa.org/consumers/automotive-warranty-disputes/

You have a solid case with your Jeep in the shop for two months. Have you contacted FCA directly?

You shouldn’t have to file for arbitration, but you‘re welcome to message me if you have questions. I’m just a designer (not an expert at all), but am happy to share my experience if it helps.

OP
OP

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went through here after FCA gave up on my Jeep:
https://www.ncdsusa.org/consumers/automotive-warranty-disputes/

You have a solid case with your Jeep in the shop for two months. Have you contacted FCA directly?

You shouldn’t have to file for arbitration, but you‘re welcome to message me if you have questions. I’m just a designer (not an expert at all), but am happy to share my experience if it helps.
DId they flat out tell you they were giving up? Need to know when to pull the trigger. I think my state has its own procedures for this.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
DId they flat out tell you they were giving up? Need to know when to pull the trigger. I think my state has its own procedures for this.
It was obvious to me when three things happened:
- the dealership service rep sent me home when I appeared for my fifth steering appointment because Jeep didn’t have a solution, then
- the regional technician declined to inspect my Jeep when he was in town :mad:, then
- the FCA customer service rep ran out of options (I will give him credit—he really tried to help me) and transferred me to FCA “special handling,“ which was *nothing* special. Edit to add: and they gave up after giving me the run around for a few weeks and gave me the link to arbitration.

The dealership did listen to me and reach out to FCA engineers to get help, but nothing helped. I was told that FCA is “working on a solution...” That was last fall.

Your state will have their own laws. You should have received some info when you bought the Jeep.

Last edited:

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
I would have been real freak'in pissed after 5 days but after 2 months there's no doubt they would remember me for years. I hope you get it worked out. This makes me wonder what happens to the certified "lemon law" vehicles.....

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I would have been real freak'in pissed after 5 days but after 2 months there's no doubt they would remember me for years. I hope you get it worked out. This makes me wonder what happens to the certified "lemon law" vehicles.....
I got an email for a post-service survey from a dealer in Southern California—after I surrendered it—on my ‘19 that was bought back. I wonder if someone bought it.

“We hope your 2019 Jeep Wrangler is performing to your expectations.“ :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
My Jeep drifts to the left and I constantly have to hold the wheel to the right to go straight. I drove with the tech and he told me it’s normal and blamed it on the roads... I’m going in for the 4th time to get my car repainted this week.

OP
OP

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Jeep drifts to the left and I constantly have to hold the wheel to the right to go straight. I drove with the tech and he told me it’s normal and blamed it on the roads... I’m going in for the 4th time to get my car repainted this week.
I mean, a little drift is one thing. Its a jeep so I get it. Its quite another to take your hands off the wheel for a few seconds and be in the other lane.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
A hard pull to either side is NOT normal. Slight drifting (typically to the right) while often called normal is even something that can be remedied by a competent tech (or owner if they have the skill and resources) who is willing to put the time in...

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
I can’t take my hand off the wheel at all or I’ll end up in another lane

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You need to know when to pull the trigger? dude your Jeep has been in a shop for over 2 months, the LEAST you can do is go get your jeep and take it to an independent mechanic or another dealer. You should've pull that trigger after the first 3 days with no answers.

They're emailing with an engineer? they clearly have no clue what they are doing get your Jeep out of there. On my first interaction with a dealer I had a small issue with my drivers seat, took it to the dealer for warranty work, they broke both of my seats (passenger was fine and they messed with it), then tried to blame it on the fact that my freedom top was out and somebody might have gotten inside the jeep at night.... I had a dealer tech tell me once that my shock was bad because something was limiting the suspension travel on the front axle. I asked him if he disconnected the sway bar, and he asked me why would he do that. I have not taken my Jeep to a dealer since.
Sponsored