Sponsored

Absolutely HORRIBLE experience getting a JLU at a NJ Dealership. Need some advice

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
“Yes. It just takes some power tools and elbow grease - both of which I have. Right now anything’s possible. Just like you taking your happy ass back to your manager with my offer. Do it now. I don’t have much more time to waste.”
lmaoo he actually took me to the back with the sales manager so this was all in front of him! What a shit show man idk. $670 a mo for a $44k price
Sponsored

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
Was This still in Monmouth County or did u go elsewhere? What dealership were u at?
Hey! Yes this was Monmouth Freehold Jeep. Unfortunately as I work till 5 and dealers close around 6-7 I cant travel far during the weekdays

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
Was that JT Gladiator in the same dealership or you want to someone else? Sounds like same dealership. Keep the entertainment coming lmao!
Nope!! Different place!

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
Amen to that! $5k is serious money!

That's also why some dealers negotiate so aggressively lol.
Its just crazy because they have these 5k off JT finance and 2k off JT lease, they feel like thats all the “negotiation” they gotta do. Insane

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
lmaoo he actually took me to the back with the sales manager so this was all in front of him! What a shit show man idk. $670 a mo for a
At that point I would ask them to stay there for just a moment. I’d take out my phone and call the GM of another dealership in front of him, explain what’s going on and if they’re willing to move forward on the offer. I’d get a verbal commitment over the phone and make sure those two ass clowns hear it. And then I’d give them a fraction of a second to answer why I should stay. And then I would leave after seeing their reaction. They’d run after me to make the deal. And that brings me joy and gives me the warm fuzzies.

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
At that point I would ask them to stay there for just a moment. I’d take out my phone and call the GM of another dealership in front of him, explain what’s going on and if they’re willing to do the offer. I’d get a verbal commitment over the phone and make sure those two ass clowns hear it. And then I’d give them a fraction of a second to answer why I should stay. And then I would leave after seeing their reaction. They’d run after me to make the deal. And that brings me joy and gives me the warm fuzzies.
Hahahha id LOVE to do that if I knew I’d get a better deal elsewhere. They hear me say 0 down and they start rolling in taxes, fees, doc fees, etc. into the monthly.

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
As long as they don’t take your license and then “cannot find it” when you nred to leave it’s all good. 90s Dealers used to pull off that dick move a lot.
Nah fuck that. I never even give them my license to “hold”. They can see it when we start and do whatever then I make them give it back

NotEnufToys

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Laredo
So I went to look at a JLU Willys...$44k MSRP sticker, and a Gladiator Sport S with Max tow and some other features that had a sticker of $48k and was then discounted to $46k,Great! I have $8k left in my car lease that I was wanting to roll into either car.
And the nightmare starts

The salesman refused to talk total price. He stated, "we really only discuss by monthly payments, not the price". What kind of shit is that? I never even said if I preferred to lease or finance, so how can you possibly give me any number. He gave me the option of a 60 mo. lease option they have. In my mind I'm thinking great as I plan to buy this car out, the lease length/miles is irrelevant.

When I built these cars on Jeep's site, my "estimated lease" for 36 mo. was around ~400. So I was thinking to be paying $520-$550 nothing down over a 60 mo. lease including my $133 a mo. from my current lease ($8k / 60 months).

This guy after 5 minutes comes back and tells me that the price for the Gladiator would be $675, and the Willys would be...get this....$693!!!! AND on top of that, he wanted me to put down $2000, AND the 1st month + inceptions.

He keeps telling me that I have to be charged tax and interest on the lease I would be rolling in and is attempting to add it to the total price of the car! Why would I be paying interest and tax on this as if I were to pay it off fully like I'm sure they are, I wouldn't be charged anything more than the $7800 besides the disposition fee of $375.

I literally started laughing in his face. If you remove my $133 a month, he was attempting to charge me $560 a mo. for the lease AND put $2000 down! I walked the hell out of the door as I was telling him he can go find another idiot to pay a total of ~$35,600 for a 60 mo. lease on an MSRP of $44k while we haven't even discussed the car price even.
I'm in North Jersey and same thing here. They don't want to budge. The place I emailed discounted Sport S about $850, like WTH?
He was at $417 for 36/12 lease with 3K down and said they collect MV fees when plates come in.
I said what was MF and RV and he said "Not sure what mf and rv is". Bye Felicia..
Try https://www.fitzpatrickschryslerjeep.com Good pricing!

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Hahahha id LOVE to do that if I knew I’d get a better deal elsewhere. They hear me say 0 down and they start rolling in taxes, fees, doc fees, etc. into the monthly.
You can and will - there is always a better deal elsewhere. Some dealers think experiences like yours are the best ways to do business and move vehicles. It’s difficult to take these businesses seriously when their salespeople deploy sleazy sales tactics.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
I'm in North Jersey and same thing here. They don't want to budge. The place I emailed discounted Sport S about $850, like WTH?
He was at $417 for 36/12 lease with 3K down and said they collect MV fees when plates come in.
I said what was MF and RV and he said "Not sure what mf and rv is". Bye Felicia..
Try https://www.fitzpatrickschryslerjeep.com Good pricing!
Ya man you feel my pain . I checked that site, and they too have an estimated lease or $660 for a 45k Gladiator and like 700 for a 49k wrangler. What is thisssssss

NotEnufToys

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Laredo
Ya man you feel my pain . I checked that site, and they too have an estimated lease or $660 for a 45k Gladiator and like 700 for a 49k wrangler. What is thisssssss
Just web generated. Lots of dealers have payment options just in dif ways..

OP
OP

Trandz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want a JL
You can and will - there is always a better deal elsewhere. Some dealers think experiences like yours are the best ways to do business and move vehicles. It’s difficult to take these businesses seriously when their salespeople deploy sleazy sales tactics.
Oh i know. Just sucks I went to 3 of them, albeit they were all like 30 mins away, and they all just fell hack on the fact that the cars are already discounted and thats that. ‍ I told em all they can wait for some clown to come buy it MSRP, but when they dont you can call me with a normal amount that doesn’t insult my intelligence

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
What’s that dealership in OK that’s giving $7,500 off msrp automatically for any Jeep they sell? They’re in the middle of nowhere and want the business. Also, they’re legit as well. Go there.