ARB Single Compressor Install

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Thanks for posting. I am considering putting that single ARB under the driver side. I believe there is room there (I have removed the back seats for my Goose Gear platform anyway, so no passengers), and I am reserving my passenger seat bigger space for some other gear.

Do you reckon your bracket idea could be reversed, and are you willing to post the figs you gave to your fabricator? You're in WI like me... perhaps I can buy you a couple cold ones! :beer:
Sponsored

OP
OP
CDwest7254

CDwest7254

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Moab Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting. I am considering putting that single ARB under the driver side. I believe there is room there (I have removed the back seats for my Goose Gear platform anyway, so no passengers), and I am reserving my passenger seat bigger space for some other gear.

Do you reckon your bracket idea could be reversed, and are you willing to post the figs you gave to your fabricator? You're in WI like me... perhaps I can buy you a couple cold ones! :beer:
I never turn down a brew...yes the bracket could be mirrored and work. The drivers side has an easier option to go through the firewall. However, you will need to extend the battery and the auxiliary wires to work, but it will definitely work.

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
I’m about to purchase an ARB single and mount it like this guy recommends. Seems like a great place to me. Yeah it’ll get dirty but who cares, so does everything else under there.
I was considering mounting a CKMA12 in that location after recently stumbling across that video, but I found out that ARB doesn't recommend mounting it directly to the engine when I read through the owner's manual:

"17. Never mount the compressor in a position where it would be considered unsprung mass (e.g., mounted directly to the axle or the engine block). "

https://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/manuals/arbckma12_24installl_2.pdf

They also don't recommend mounting it close to any exhaust system components, but I know plenty of people mount it near the driver's side cat without issue in hotter climates than I live in. I'm probably just going to mount it under the passenger seat, but I was hoping to keep it outside of the cabin. 🤔

rbkat

First Name
Rees
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangle Rubicon
CDwest7254: Could you post measurements / sketch for your bracket? It's a great idea to avoid drilling holes and not cutting carpet! Been struggling with where to mount an air compressor.
Thanks!

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
@CDwest7254 would you be able to get another bracket made? I like your set up the best of everything I've seen, and I'm also willing to pay for it. Installing I can do but fabricating/designing it myself I don't have so much confidence in.

taotaomona77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Occupation
Employed to buy Jeep and bike parts...
Vehicle Showcase
I’m about to purchase an ARB single and mount it like this guy recommends. Seems like a great place to me. Yeah it’ll get dirty but who cares, so does everything else under there.
saw this guy’s video and I’m going to check it out! I’m not liking to spend another $100 or more for a bracket when I got scrap metal and stuff around the shop. But this guy’s idea here makes it even simplier! Ty!
Sponsored