Rough Country Lifts

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
On a 2.5” lift the 35s look fine to me and that leaves you plenty of room for clearance. Front driveshaft is certainly something I suggest, it’s not like your factory one will just up and fail immediately but it will get damaged and seems to be one of those things that gets over looked and then fails at the worst time.

LCA would be excellent to add as well. It will allow you to move the axle forward a hair for better alignment. Until then UCA are fine. As for the steering, I’ll never talk someone’s out of upgrading it. That said, I completely understand the spiraling cost. Once you get hard cost on everything, then decide if it’s in the budget for this round of mods!

Brett
One more question - do you have a suggestion for a lift that's more subtle/true than the Metalcloak 2.5? I'm worried that since that lift is a bit conservative and you get a bit more than 2.5, I'm gonna be wanting to throw a 37 on there after the fact (plus I have to wait the whole rest of the summer to get shipped). Is there something that runs more true or something in the actual 2" range that won't leave me feeling like I want a 37 to fill the gap?

I do feel like on my 2-door I don't need as much height to pull off what I want to pull off. I love the look of a stock height JLR 2door on 35s but my mind wanders as soon as I see it a few inches higher. Need a bit more height for performance on the trail but just don't want to go too much.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Thanks for all the advice. Apparently I need to do more navigating on this site before making a thread. I tried searching for rough country in the search bar but didn’t have much luck.
The search function here is admittedly terrible.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
The search function here is admittedly terrible.
I find going to Google and typing the below works best to search through this site:

site:jlwranglerforums.com (insert search terms here)

Still not perfect but it's a lot easier to use Google's search engine than the built in forum one, and all the usual google tricks (quotes, + symbol modifiers, etc) work.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
One more question - do you have a suggestion for a lift that's more subtle/true than the Metalcloak 2.5? I'm worried that since that lift is a bit conservative and you get a bit more than 2.5, I'm gonna be wanting to throw a 37 on there after the fact (plus I have to wait the whole rest of the summer to get shipped). Is there something that runs more true or something in the actual 2" range that won't leave me feeling like I want a 37 to fill the gap?

I do feel like on my 2-door I don't need as much height to pull off what I want to pull off. I love the look of a stock height JLR 2door on 35s but my mind wanders as soon as I see it a few inches higher. Need a bit more height for performance on the trail but just don't want to go too much.
We’ve done several of the 35s/2.5” lift and it looks great. RK might run a little closer to a true 2.5”. Accutune and synergy also have some 2” coils

Brett

Rebacon

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon JL
I am new to the Jeep world somewhat. I buy and sell vehicles quite often. I had a 09 Jeep unlimited x and had a rough country lift on it and had zero complaints. I have also had several trucks with rough country lifts and have never had any problems out of them. I am curious why a lot of people in the Jeep world are not fans of them. I have recently purchased a new rubicon and am thinking of putting the 2.5” rough country suspension lift on it. It seems as if all I can find are jeeps with the mopar 2” lift or the dynatrac lift. My dealer says they will put the rough country 2.5” suspension lift on for under $700. That’s half the price of the mopar lift not including labor. I am also curious if anyone has put the 2.5” rough country suspension lift on and kept their stock rubicon wheels and put 35’s and had problems with rubbing without wheel spacers. I forgot to add that I am not doing any serious off-roading and have never done any serious off-roading with rough country lifts.
I ran the 2.5 RC lift for about 1.5 yrs, it worked just fine. I also started with 35’s on the stock wheels (no rubbing) but quickly decided that the Jeep would look better with 37‘S.
As for the ride, We definitely felt a difference going to the RC lift. We had bump steer and some wheel wobble after the install but nothing that was scary to drive with.
A few months ago we changed to 3.5” springs and all 8 Control arms from Core 4x4 and could not be happier, rides and drives way better than with with RC lift.
Hope that helps a little. What ever way you go I would high recommend at least some adjustable Front LCA’s that will help it drive better.
Sponsored