Sponsored

AEV 2.5"

Vermillion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
@triRice After about 6 months (Aug 21 install) I have had no measurable settling in my front and maybe 1/4 of an inch settle in the back. Right now measuring about 43 3/4 to the bottom of the center fender on front, 43 1/2 on the back with 315 BFG KO2 at about 34PSI. I don't have nearly as much after market weight as you (I only have upgraded mopar rock rails, warn winch) so I assume you will be slightly lower. I haven't gotten to take it off road since the install, so I figure I still might see a little drop when we start going off road this spring. If you do upgrade I definitely recommend going with a quality trackbar at the same time.

@Memcdowe Still love the lift. No regerts.
Sponsored

triRice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20019 Jeep Jl Rubicon
@triRice After about 6 months (Aug 21 install) I have had no measurable settling in my front and maybe 1/4 of an inch settle in the back. Right now measuring about 43 3/4 to the bottom of the center fender on front, 43 1/2 on the back with 315 BFG KO2 at about 34PSI. I don't have nearly as much after market weight as you (I only have upgraded mopar rock rails, warn winch) so I assume you will be slightly lower. I haven't gotten to take it off road since the install, so I figure I still might see a little drop when we start going off road this spring. If you do upgrade I definitely recommend going with a quality trackbar at the same time.

@Memcdowe Still love the lift. No regerts.
Thank you for the update. Not sure if you garage park your Jeep, any clearance concerns?
I’m planning on installing the rhino rack this spring but don’t want to lose the ability to park in my garage.

ogarci79

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Engineer
Hi All, I'm also between the AEV 2.5" lift vs the Dynatrac Endurosport 2" lift. I have added about 550 lbs of modifications already and I'm a bit concerned if the Dynatrac Endurosport 2" lift will sag or bottom out when I go off-roading. In the other hand, I like that the AEV 2.5" lift kit is designed to carry more weight but I'm concerned with some of the comments regarding 3 - 3.5" of actual lift and not 2.5". With my 35s (no future plans to upgrade to 37s) I have concerns that the gap may be too much.

Can anyone that has this lift installed for a few months please provide any updates? Did the springs set? Much appreciated.
I've only had mine installed about 6 weeks but no change on the height. I haven't loaded it down yet or done any wheeling so I can't speak to durability or handling off-road. With that said, I love the lift and so far would highly recommend it. The extra height above the 2.5" is kinda nice, but I guess that's all individual. If you look at my photo's (above), I'm running 33's. I think 35's would be perfect, and that's what I'm headed towards, especially when you start flexing. I don't think the 33's look all that bad, but it will look much better with the 35's. I think you'll be more than happy with this lift and 35's, but that's just my opinion. BTW, I was also between the AEV and Dynatrac and went with AEV because of the same concerns you were having.

king_mamil

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Blue (Ordered 9/22, Delivered 11/22)
Quick questions for those that installed the AEV kits on your JL.

According to the instructions it says not to torque the rear control arms and rear track bar after you finish the rear install until you complete the front. Did you leave the rear jacked up while you worked on the front or is it okay to drop the rear to the ground without everything torqued? It does not say anything in the instructions. I might need to get some other jack stands if I need to keep everything in the air at the same time.

Sponsored

Rangerhughes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon 2 door, 2020 Mercedes AMG 45, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Dodge PW: 2017 Indian Chieftain
Quick questions for those that installed the AEV kits on your JL.

According to the instructions it says not to torque the rear control arms and rear track bar after you finish the rear install until you complete the front. Did you leave the rear jacked up while you worked on the front or is it okay to drop the rear to the ground without everything torqued? It does not say anything in the instructions. I might need to get some other jack stands if I need to keep everything in the air at the same time.
I had it on raised car lift the entire time, once all components were installed I torqued to specs lowered the Jeep to the ground checked torque again marked all bolts and test drove and rechecked for bolt movement. I did not follow this procedure on my 2018 Power Wagon BDS lift and shit came lose after a few hundred miles.

hope that helps

king_mamil

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Blue (Ordered 9/22, Delivered 11/22)
I had it on raised car lift the entire time, once all components were installed I torqued to specs lowered the Jeep to the ground checked torque again marked all bolts and test drove and rechecked for bolt movement. I did not follow this procedure on my 2018 Power Wagon BDS lift and shit came lose after a few hundred miles.

hope that helps
Thanks man. Only problem is I don’t have a lift so trying to figure out the best method with jack stands. Any reason they would say not to torque up the rear and install the bump stops until the front is done??

Rangerhughes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon 2 door, 2020 Mercedes AMG 45, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Dodge PW: 2017 Indian Chieftain
Thanks man. Only problem is I don’t have a lift so trying to figure out the best method with jack stands. Any reason they would say not to torque up the rear and install the bump stops until the front is done??
No clue brother mine was such a Frankenstein lift between the AEV and Synergy We tightened as we went and torqued at the end, only glanced at the instructions we we got stumped.

ogarci79

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Engineer
No clue brother mine was such a Frankenstein lift between the AEV and Synergy We tightened as we went and torqued at the end, only glanced at the instructions we we got stumped.
King_mamil, I lowered the back down and then moved to the front when I did it. In fact, I'm pretty sure they don't want you to torque it down until its seated at ride height with the cant, etc. complete. I didn't torque down until all four wheels were on the ground. And then do it again after you ride a few 100 miles, I found some loose components when I did this.

Nefarious86

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renault kangoo
Would running the 2d kit in the 4d variant help keep the rear a little lower for those not wanting to cary a lot of weight?

Sponsored

Rangerhughes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would running the 2d kit in the 4d variant help keep the rear a little lower for those not wanting to cary a lot of weight?

I believe they are the same rear springs but you can call AEV and find out for sure.