Jimmylats JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep TJ willys, 2018 rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the rear cargo mat for my JLUR with cloth seats. After I ordered it, I happened to look in the rear cargo area and it never occurred to me that the cloth seats do not come with the trench cover but the leather seats have the trench cover. Yes, it is my fault for never bothering to pay attention to it but why would it come with leather and not cloth seats. I am going to try to make a trench cover myself and get the mat to work. This is also an information post to all that ordered their JL with cloth seats. Hopefully they will have an aftermarket part coming out soon.
Sponsored

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I ordered the rear cargo mat for my JLUR with cloth seats. After I ordered it, I happened to look in the rear cargo area and it never occurred to me that the cloth seats do not come with the trench cover but the leather seats have the trench cover. Yes, it is my fault for never bothering to pay attention to it but why would it come with leather and not cloth seats. I am going to try to make a trench cover myself and get the mat to work. This is also an information post to all that ordered their JL with cloth seats. Hopefully they will have an aftermarket part coming out soon.
Thanks for the heads up. Please keep us posted on how/what you will use to make this trench cover.

Zoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Dang. I ordered a JLUR with cloth and now I’m really bummed over this. My dog has real problems with the trench in my last JKUs and thought the rubis “premium cloth seats” would have the cover.

First off road pages, now this. Seems like the longer it takes to get shipped to me the more stuff will be missing.

Kajmcbride

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ, 2005 Dodge Ram, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I also ordered the cloth seats on my Rubicon assuming that there would trench cover. I want to add a trench cover and I will watching this thread for options to add a Mopar trench cover.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm, The cloth seats on my Sahara do not have this Trench cover. I didn't look at a leather seated one so I didn't even know this thing existed until now.

Sponsored

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
I searched all of youtube to find a video and sure enough, I found a Rubi with cloth seats, no cover.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I am in the same boat. I have the cargo mats sitting in my garage as my JL hasn't shown up yet.

However, what are we supposed to do regarding this?

Is there a MOPAR gap cover we have to purchase?

OP
OP
Jimmylats JL

Jimmylats JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep TJ willys, 2018 rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to cancel my order of the cargo mat and ordered the dirty dog cargo liner that just became available through quadratec.

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
My rubi with cloth to cover.. hopefully just the plate will come up for sale

Babsmike

First Name
Barb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S Convertible
I just ordered my JL Sport S can someone please explain what this trench cover is.

Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I just ordered my JL Sport S can someone please explain what this trench cover is.
On a four door when you fold the rear seats down there is a gap between the cargo area and where the seats are bolted in. This gap cover goes over that area so you have a smooth transition from cargo area to back of folded seat.

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I almost upgraded to the rubi the day I was signing paperwork due to the trench cover. Then I thought about how I prefer to limit my dogs activity in the back and try to have a smaller footprint of dog hair so it didn't matter to me. The trench cover should be on all models though. It would be great for many reasons..

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
Glad I read this thread because I was trying to avoid leather. I guess my dog is worth $1500.

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
I'm pretty sure I saw these on both cloth and leather JLs at my dealer...and I also though I recalled someone on here confirming they had then in their cloth equipped JL? I might be wrong...could it be something that sometimes gets installed...sometimes not? Is this installed by dealer or at factory?

I was hoping mine would have these...thought I had put my fears to rest...:)

Honkenbonkers

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Does anyone know if you can buy a stock JLU Trench/Gap Cover? I accidentally broke mine when trying to install the rear cargo mat from MOPAR. :( please let me know if there any options to get a new one
Sponsored