Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Don’t get me wrong, the 3.6 is a great motor, but with 37s you do run out of torque on bigger obstacles. I don’t see how the Hemi would hinder me, though I’d be perfectly happy with the 5.7.
If the 5.7 could be priced as just an engine option, i'd also roll with that.
Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Don’t get me wrong, the 3.6 is a great motor, but with 37s you do run out of torque on bigger obstacles. I don’t see how the Hemi would hinder me, though I’d be perfectly happy with the 5.7.
with 4.10s maybe, 4.88s or lower it's fine. You have to be more careful with big motors, too much skinny pedal can get you into trouble quick. That's why many use a device to eliminate the touchy throttle response.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
with 4.10s maybe, 4.88s or lower it's fine. You have to be more careful with big motors, too much skinny pedal can get you into trouble quick. That's why many use a device to eliminate the touchy throttle response.
“Fine” is in the eye of the beholder and really depends on what you’re doing with it. Even with 5.13s I feel like I need more torque at times. Obviously youhave to be careful with more torque/power.

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
Wow, this was a tough read. All I have to say, If wrangler doesn't offer a Sasquatch option, my next vehicle will be a Bronco. I've owned 3 rubicons and now a Sahara JLU that steers like a WW2 vehicle, Jeep this is unacceptable.

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
Oh, to stay on topic.
A 5.7 would be a checklist item
A 392 hemi would be a package

Sponsored

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
Jeep, just make the 5.7 a checklist item, some of us can't afford SRT package.

JLBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory order JL once I finalize the configuration..
As somebody who has to daily drive the worst driving slug of a truck which has the 6.4 in all my 35 years of driving trucks, the 6.4 is more of a revolting idea to me than something attractive. Fool me once.... Not interested.

97144D70-F00C-4E56-88E6-B30A32BF8405.jpeg

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
As somebody who has to daily drive the worst driving slug of a truck which has the 6.4 in all my 35 years of driving trucks, the 6.4 is more of a revolting idea to me than something attractive. Fool me once.... Not interested.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spied! V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Hemi Production Version Begins Testing! 97144D70-F00C-4E56-88E6-B30A32BF8405
Exactly. I highly recomend that people take a Ram 2500 for a test drive with this engine. It's not exactly a powerhouse like a lot of people here think.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
“Fine” is in the eye of the beholder and really depends on what you’re doing with it. Even with 5.13s I feel like I need more torque at times. Obviously youhave to be careful with more torque/power.
true. I havent found an issue with power in tech. I havent done much extreme yet in the rig so I may find it to be true. Tuff to imagine it though, my TJ had 4.56 and and atlas 4.3 and power was never an issue and that was back when I did a lot of tech. Too busy lately to do a whole lot in the jlur and what I have done was plenty impressive.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Exactly. I highly recomend that people take a Ram 2500 for a test drive with this engine. It's not exactly a powerhouse like a lot of people here think.
This is surprising. You've said it earlier in the thread as well. Is it the ECU tuning that makes it unresponsive? Why does it feel underpowered when it shouldn't?

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
This is surprising. You've said it earlier in the thread as well. Is it the ECU tuning that makes it unresponsive? Why does it feel underpowered when it shouldn't?
I'm guessing that it's the tuning. Possibly less profile on the cam compared to the muscle cars as well. I was kind of hoping that it would be a monster that would be fun to drive. I tried to do a hard start with all the traction control turned off, and an empty bed. There was a very light chirp of the tire, and then underwhelming acceleration. And this was with the new 8spd auto. Wanted more, but was completely disapointed.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Don’t get me wrong, the 3.6 is a great motor, but with 37s you do run out of torque on bigger obstacles.
I want to be first in line for a V8 but clearly you haven't seen this...

50“ wheels... 5 speed, older 3.6 with less torque down low and Jay, who's not a Jeep guy, refers to acceleration as "the stock engine moves along pretty good"...

Lesson: Re-gear if you have bigger wheels...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I want to be first in line for a V8 but clearly you haven't seen this...

50“ wheels... 5 speed, older 3.6 with less torque down low and Jay, who's not a Jeep guy, refers to acceleration as "the stock engine moves along pretty good"...

Lesson: Re-gear if you have bigger wheels...
Wow. That...i don’t like that.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Fab Fours is definitely a very divisive brand. I share your opinion, but they are still in business producing "grumpers" and "vicowls" so somebody likes this stuff.
wtf-white-png.png
Sponsored