Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Just a FYI from their FB page: (But mainly I have to see the comments, LOL)

Ducking Jeeps is our name and Rubber Duckies are our game. So the more we grow the more questions we get asked! Our mission is kindness, fun and a little creativity during the world wide pandemic that is still continuously going on around us. Ducking Jeeps was started by Allison Parliament and a Giant Yellow Rubber Duck in Bancroft Ontario which then switched over to Canadian Rubber Ducks! Wondering how to play? It’s simple! All you need is a Rubber Duck of your choosing marked with the hashtags #duckingjeeps and #duckduckjeep.

Q:What is the purpose of this?
A:It’s to spread kindness and smiles! Our Founder/Admin, Allie, said : “The Ducking Jeep group is for the Jeep owners who find ducks in your Jeep. With covid and a lot of hate going on I figured the Duck invasion would be funny and maybe help others feel safe. In Canada there’s been American plated cars damaged and defaced people yelling go back to your own country ( even to Canadian born people traveling to family ect). So my fellow jeepers take photos of the ducks toss ducks in trucks and have a little fun. The worlds kinder when we are kind and hopefully the little yellow ducks will create some smiles... happy ducking!!!”

Q: Where do we get the ducks?
A: Anywhere! You can buy them at places like Dollar Stores, Walmart, Target, or go online and buy in bulk at Amazon, Oriental Trader, Walmart.com, etc.! Google it!!!

Q: How do I label them? What do I label them?
A: You can use #duckingjeeps or #duckduckjeep ! You can write in on the duck in sharpie or make tags for them and write the info on it! I have a label you can print and put on your duck (Coming soon!)

Q: Where do we put the ducks? People are angry and do not want their Jeep touched, their paint will be ruined, the ducks will melt, etc, etc, etc,
A: Put them somewhere visible. No one is telling you to hop in and and root through someone’s glovebox or center console or anything like that!

There are a few things you can do!
-put one on the windshield
-put one on the door handle
-put one on the side mirror
-buy little bags and hang it from the side mirror
-use a thin twin wrap it around the duck’s neck and leave a large loop so you can hang it off the side mirror

Q: Where do I get Decals? Can I make decals? When are you making shirts?
A: You May order your decals from this link
https://iowajeepers.weebly.com/store/p66/Ducking_Jeeps_Decal.html#/

We don’t mind if you make decals but our logo may not be copied or recreated, and they cannot be sold for profit. Karsyn is in the process of creating other merchandise but she has a lot of decal orders and appreciates all your patience.

Use your brain! Be thoughtful and considerate. And most importantly have fun!
Decals? Oh, that'll end bloody. I can just see it now, idiots tagging jeeps with duck decals.
Sponsored

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
It don't matter if it's mounted on the bumper or in the passenger seat...never touch somebody else's winch, words to live by. just say'in
Exactly. They'd be so ducked. Probably get shot. Oh... wait.. you said winch.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
just found the ignore button, lol.
A whopping 9 posts in over a year. Most are asking questions without any sign of gratitude or paying it forward. Now, for the first time you chime in for more than picking brains, it's to publicize how sensitive you are and that you don't value boundaries? And top it off by needing to make sure that everyone hears you slamming the door on the way out? Your bountiful contribution to this community will not be missed.

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
A few jeep groups in my area wont shut up about it on facebook. I take my jeep out on trails every weekend and see a lot of jeeps... I've never been 'ducked'.

I think it's mostly the soccer moms and pavement princesses doing this.

Sponsored

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
A few jeep groups in my area wont shut up about it on facebook. I take my jeep out on trails every weekend and see a lot of jeeps... I've never been 'ducked'.

So you're saying you wouldn't want to be ducked by some soccer moms or pavement princesses ;)

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
This "Duck Duck Jeep" thing sounds as silly as adults playing "Pokeman Go".

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
the problem is that it something that doesnt happen where i'm at. jeep waves is the only thing that happens with jeepers. oh yeah having jeep talks about each other modded jeeps. thats about it. however i'll pass the torch to someone that want to take up on that offer.
Please don't say that too loudly. They'll end up here.
This reminded me of something from years ago when we lived in WI. Every Halloween someone in our neighborhood would start a “Boo” campaign. They’d leave some treats on your porch with a “Boo“ sign and some long write-up. The gist of it was you were supposed to put the “Boo” sign on your door, enjoy the treats, and then make a new “Boo” sign and a treat bag and “Boo” someone else in the neighborhood. This went on until all houses had a “Boo”.

My wife hated it, and she loves Halloween. Needless to say she made a new “Boo” sign and delivered it along with the treats we had received to some other neighbor. She then kept the “Boo” sign we received and every year she hung it on our door as soon as she noticed the process starting again. This way we never had to deal with the process because we had already been “Boo-d”. Years later we moved to GA and she almost lost it when she saw it happening in our new neighborhood. Lol.
This is the pro strategy. When my son was born I got an entire bag of small rubber ducks in hockey jerseys. I grabbed one in an orange jersey and have had it on my dash since. Maybe this will work the same way.

#Ducked twice this weekend, (each in Keller and Roanoke) DFW North Texas area. Rather have a koozie...more useful.

82EDB9AE-E1E9-4EB0-9F42-8FF7FE4B3588.jpeg

7FA49CA0-0DD8-4EC3-AD04-EAF744785121.jpeg
AT least you got a cool one. Most I see are just boring ass Yellow ducks.

Decals? Oh, that'll end bloody. I can just see it now, idiots tagging jeeps with duck decals.
This is pretty illegal. Has been since the 70's I think. If i recall correctly the legend goes political reps for candidates would go to large parking lots and stick bumper stickers on cars.

Nope! Kids are too much trouble and if she wont leave pavement that means she wont play in the mud.
.... are.... are you still talking about Jeeps? You're still talking about Jeeps. Right?

All jokes aside:
This was brought up in one of the Jeep Facebook Groups I'm in. A couple of the founders were talking about it. It was kind of disturbing, the amount of really angry, violent, borderline threats that came out of it. I talked to one of them, she said they never leave the ducks inside without the owner's permission - it's usually just on the doors or wiper or something. I told them it's probably not the best idea with COVID. It's a silly game, sure- I don't really see the point, but It's relatively harmless.

That said- I get both sides. I don't really want people leaving stuff for their "Jeep group" on my rig. The ducks are kind of funny, and I can clean them and give them to my kids, sure. But I don't want my rig posted on the internet by someone else. I'll take pics all day and post them, but that's my choice. I don't really want others posting pictures of my rig and associating it with something I'm not a part of;

And this is the problem. Just because I own a Jeep doesn't make us automatically friends. Plenty of other people have kids- that doesn't make me automatically friends with other parents. In fact, I avoid most of them like the plague because they're normies... and well... I don't want to be associated with normal people.

While I bear no ill will towards these Duck Duck Jeep kids, it does kind of make me sad- because there are more of these people out there with Jeeps trying to be social media influencer/ celebs with goofy stuff like this, vs. actually looking to go off roading. If they spent half their efforts learning, getting organized, joining up with legit off road groups, and fighting public land closures- it would be much more useful. Instead, they spend the afternoon out and about putting rubber ducks on Jeeps. Again, harmless, and I get it- but ultimately what is the point? IT's like the people who dump $30k into a loaded Rubicon and then sit in a parking lot at Dunkin Donuts shining it with a cloth and talking with others like that, focusing only on "meet ups". OK- whats the point again? It's just not something I'd do.

Sponsored

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
the beauty and curse of a relatively free society is that people get to buy things and use them however they want. As noted, the bigger problem is that for many, documenting an experience has outstripped the actual experience itself. There is a difference between "look at this..." and "look at me looking at this..." The latter is what gets more clicks these days but loses the meaning in my book. Thankfully no one forces me to open FB or Twitter or IG - another perk of a relatively free society.

joshrude

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
I just read this, thinking this is the dumbest trend... I walk to my jl and see one on my handle....

Snapchat-1810352237.jpg

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I was watching a documentary of WWII the other day and wondered to myself, wtf happened to "men" since then.
A real strong person wouldn't be a pathetic snowflake like the people here losing their shit over 5 cent rubber duckies lol.

This "Duck Duck Jeep" thing sounds as silly as adults playing "Pokeman Go".
It reminds me of my favorite search engine, DuckDuckGo!

What's wrong with Pokemon Go? Some of my friends used that to make their walks more interesting. Then again, there are idiots that try to play it while driving. :D

As for taking a picture of my jeep with a little rubby ducky on it.. hmm.. sure whatever.

For the thing about stickers: I imagine that's for someone to put on their own jeep.

FYI The koozie people usually stick them under your windshield wiper. I think that would be a bit more invasive than leaving a ducky sitting on your hood lol.

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
A real strong person wouldn't be a pathetic snowflake like the people here losing their shit over 5 cent rubber duckies lol.
I keep thinking about the WWII comment and this nails it.

What would they do? Probably something equllly silly and harmless. Like Kilroy.

Some of y’all need to lighten the fuck up a bit.
Sponsored