First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Never heard of this until now. I saw on old XJ the other day with a rubber duck stuck on the front of the hood like a hood ornament. I don’t get it. I guess there are people out there who think it's great fun. Don’t care if I find one on mine one day. The dogs will get a new toy to destroy. I’d much rather have a koozie that I can put to good use.
Sponsored

Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was watching a documentary of WWII the other day and wondered to myself, wtf happened to "men" since then.
I've heard the saying "What would Jesus do". I live by the same standard except I replace "Jesus" with "dudes from WWII era".
Needless to say, I don't play with rubber duckies anymore.

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Just a FYI from their FB page: (But mainly I want to see the comments, LOL)

Ducking Jeeps is our name and Rubber Duckies are our game. So the more we grow the more questions we get asked! Our mission is kindness, fun and a little creativity during the world wide pandemic that is still continuously going on around us. Ducking Jeeps was started by Allison Parliament and a Giant Yellow Rubber Duck in Bancroft Ontario which then switched over to Canadian Rubber Ducks! Wondering how to play? It’s simple! All you need is a Rubber Duck of your choosing marked with the hashtags #duckingjeeps and #duckduckjeep.

Q:What is the purpose of this?
A:It’s to spread kindness and smiles! Our Founder/Admin, Allie, said : “The Ducking Jeep group is for the Jeep owners who find ducks in your Jeep. With covid and a lot of hate going on I figured the Duck invasion would be funny and maybe help others feel safe. In Canada there’s been American plated cars damaged and defaced people yelling go back to your own country ( even to Canadian born people traveling to family ect). So my fellow jeepers take photos of the ducks toss ducks in trucks and have a little fun. The worlds kinder when we are kind and hopefully the little yellow ducks will create some smiles... happy ducking!!!”

Q: Where do we get the ducks?
A: Anywhere! You can buy them at places like Dollar Stores, Walmart, Target, or go online and buy in bulk at Amazon, Oriental Trader, Walmart.com, etc.! Google it!!!

Q: How do I label them? What do I label them?
A: You can use #duckingjeeps or #duckduckjeep ! You can write in on the duck in sharpie or make tags for them and write the info on it! I have a label you can print and put on your duck (Coming soon!)

Q: Where do we put the ducks? People are angry and do not want their Jeep touched, their paint will be ruined, the ducks will melt, etc, etc, etc,
A: Put them somewhere visible. No one is telling you to hop in and and root through someone’s glovebox or center console or anything like that!

There are a few things you can do!
-put one on the windshield
-put one on the door handle
-put one on the side mirror
-buy little bags and hang it from the side mirror
-use a thin twin wrap it around the duck’s neck and leave a large loop so you can hang it off the side mirror

Q: Where do I get Decals? Can I make decals? When are you making shirts?
A: You May order your decals from this link
https://iowajeepers.weebly.com/store/p66/Ducking_Jeeps_Decal.html#/

We don’t mind if you make decals but our logo may not be copied or recreated, and they cannot be sold for profit. Karsyn is in the process of creating other merchandise but she has a lot of decal orders and appreciates all your patience.

Use your brain! Be thoughtful and considerate. And most importantly have fun!

Last edited:

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just a FYI from their FB page: (But mainly I have to see the comments, LOL)

Ducking Jeeps is our name and Rubber Duckies are our game. So the more we grow the more questions we get asked! Our mission is kindness, fun and a little creativity during the world wide pandemic that is still continuously going on around us. Ducking Jeeps was started by Allison Parliament and a Giant Yellow Rubber Duck in Bancroft Ontario which then switched over to Canadian Rubber Ducks! Wondering how to play? It’s simple! All you need is a Rubber Duck of your choosing marked with the hashtags #duckingjeeps and #duckduckjeep.

Q:What is the purpose of this?
A:It’s to spread kindness and smiles! Our Founder/Admin, Allie, said : “The Ducking Jeep group is for the Jeep owners who find ducks in your Jeep. With covid and a lot of hate going on I figured the Duck invasion would be funny and maybe help others feel safe. In Canada there’s been American plated cars damaged and defaced people yelling go back to your own country ( even to Canadian born people traveling to family ect). So my fellow jeepers take photos of the ducks toss ducks in trucks and have a little fun. The worlds kinder when we are kind and hopefully the little yellow ducks will create some smiles... happy ducking!!!”

Q: Where do we get the ducks?
A: Anywhere! You can buy them at places like Dollar Stores, Walmart, Target, or go online and buy in bulk at Amazon, Oriental Trader, Walmart.com, etc.! Google it!!!

Q: How do I label them? What do I label them?
A: You can use #duckingjeeps or #duckduckjeep ! You can write in on the duck in sharpie or make tags for them and write the info on it! I have a label you can print and put on your duck (Coming soon!)

Q: Where do we put the ducks? People are angry and do not want their Jeep touched, their paint will be ruined, the ducks will melt, etc, etc, etc,
A: Put them somewhere visible. No one is telling you to hop in and and root through someone’s glovebox or center console or anything like that!

There are a few things you can do!
-put one on the windshield
-put one on the door handle
-put one on the side mirror
-buy little bags and hang it from the side mirror
-use a thin twin wrap it around the duck’s neck and leave a large loop so you can hang it off the side mirror

Q: Where do I get Decals? Can I make decals? When are you making shirts?
A: You May order your decals from this link
https://iowajeepers.weebly.com/store/p66/Ducking_Jeeps_Decal.html#/

We don’t mind if you make decals but our logo may not be copied or recreated, and they cannot be sold for profit. Karsyn is in the process of creating other merchandise but she has a lot of decal orders and appreciates all your patience.

Use your brain! Be thoughtful and considerate. And most importantly have fun!
Ok, I'll bite. :)

There's too much to comment on with this. The fact it's a FB group isn't surprising (I'm not on FB anymore because of the silliness that goes on). It seems like a money grab scheme.

I'm in the camp that would prefer they follow the advice given at the end. Think and don't put junk on other's cars. We have enough trash in the world. Be considerate to others and if you want to prank your own close group/buddies, go for it as long as it's cool with them... otherwise, it's inconsiderate to touch a strangers rig.

If you want to spread kindness and smiles, then go for a ride with others and say "hey! nice jeep." or give a wave on the road... there are many different ways to do that other than physically changing/adding items to a strangers vehicle... Hell, just go buy a homeless dude/dudess a meal or something.

My $0.02
If I find one on my vehicle, then it will be nothing more than an annoyance and piece of trash that i'll then have to recycle or throw away depending on material.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
LANCE - Still got your Jeep?
VINCENT - You know what some f#cker did to it the other day?
LANCE - What?
VINCENT- F#ckin' ducked it.
LANCE- Oh man, that's f#cked up.
VINCENT- Tell me about it. I had the g*ddamn thing in storage three years. It's out five f#ckin' days – five days, and some d!ckless piece of sh!t f#cks with it.
LANCE - They should be f#ckin' killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
VINCENT- I just wish I caught 'em doin' it, ya know? Oh man, I'd give anything to catch 'em doin' it. It'a been worth his doin' it, if I coulda just caught 'em, you know what mean?
LANCE- It's chicken sh!t. You don't f#ck another man's vehicle.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) Lance-Vincent_Pulp-Fiction-540x350

Sponsored

KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
Short story but about four years ago I came out of Lowe’s and low and behold a man had disengaged the clutch on my winch and pulled some of the cable out. I literally almost lost my shit. The response was “relax, I’m thinking about getting one on my Jeep and wanted to check it out”
Sounds like someone needed a demonstration of the winch. Like how it removes door handles and windshield wipers without ever having to take the bolts out.

Frankiesayrelax

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Dumbest thing ever. It's getting crazy the crap people are doing to their jeeps just to personalize them but "don't touch my Jeep". Is there perhaps a new group of Jeepers that don't want to wave or play games. They not only put ducks in my area but they take pictures and post on FB when they "spot" you. It's bad enough the government tracks you but I don't need every time I'm out wondering if someone is going to document where I'm at in photographs or duck me . I hate to say it as I know I'll get grief over it, but it seems to be a "girl thing"
so I take it you think all things that are dumb and you dislike are for girls? Your misogynistic undertones are noticed and heard! For the record I agree that the duck thing is weird and I would strongly prefer no one touch my Jeep. I’d love to know what kinds of things you do like that are “man things” ?

KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
So many worse things in the world to get irate about. This is just a fun gifting thing to build community. Not gonna get upset if someone ducks my Jeep. Touching the winch - that's something to get me upset.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
So I'm supposed to buy yet another useless object that is hencho en China and put it on someone else's property without permission, then take a photo and post that on social media so other people make money, then the object ends up in a landfill, meanwhile the process delights some and annoys others.

Yeah, that sounds great. I'll just need to up my dosage...

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (ordered)
So many worse things in the world to get irate about. This is just a fun gifting thing to build community. Not gonna get upset if someone ducks my Jeep. Touching the winch - that's something to get me upset.
I agree. I was actually surprised at how violently angry most people feel about the ducking thing. I'm in Florida and This is the first I've heard of it. I would say with the coronavirus, maybe touching an object and putting it on someone's vehicle might not be the most sanitary thing to do as they then have to touch it. But it sounds like fun to me and I hope I get Ducked. So hey, maybe it is a girl thing as someone else said.

Sponsored

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (ordered)
I know I won't participate in ducking after seeing how intense people feel about it. And I could see if this was placed in any way that would damage or harm your Jeep then thats just Criminal. Too bad cause I think it would be a blast. Maybe for those of us who think this is funny we could start a new form of ducking, a Duck Exchange. Place a duck on your own Jeep while in plublic to let folks know you want to play, then people who see it can take your duck and leave their own. Again, I'd advise having some Lysol and wipes with since the coronavirus. Just an idea.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
I dont want to be "ducked" but like Cowboy said, I wouldn't mind getting the koozie, at least I could put it to use.

krucam

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra, 2019 JLR ordered 12/22/2018
Occupation
FAA
#Ducked in Ft Worth this weekend at a Back the Blue event.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 20200725_080654
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 20200725_083546
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 20200725_110143

BADBREW

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon JLUR
#Ducked twice this weekend, (each in Keller and Roanoke) DFW North Texas area. Rather have a koozie...more useful.

82EDB9AE-E1E9-4EB0-9F42-8FF7FE4B3588.jpeg

7FA49CA0-0DD8-4EC3-AD04-EAF744785121.jpeg

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for posting this. I found one of these ducks with the words pandemic scribbled on it, placed in between my handle last week.

Contrary to the mission goal, I was left very annoyed, wondering who had committed criminal mischief and what were they trying to solicit?

Forcing rubber ducks on people’s vehicles is a really bad idea. This behavior is very asinine and shows that anyone who acts on it is intellectually stupid, mentally handicapped, doesn’t fully think things thru, makes poor decisions and motivates others to do so. They’re morons in the finest sense of the word.

If you come across these morons, let them know to not touch my Jeep. Thank you.
Please, don't put the mentally handicapped into this lowlife group - they are smarter than this and not part of the group you are chastising, not to mention that by definition they don't have a choice on their condition. I will agree with all your other descriptive terms though!
Sponsored