Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
So look at this thread and how quickly it has grown. This is what FCA wants. It wants more people to talk about a JL with a 392 in it than to talk about a new Bronco. If there is a hint of a V8 Version of a Wrangler would you be running out to buy a Bronco? This is FCA marketing at its best!
Very true. The only real thing I am interested in in the 2.7L motor. Given a choice between 2.7 and V8 it's not even a choice, I would wait for sure.

Maybe the towing capacity will go up? Wonder what axles will be put under it?
Sponsored

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
When I hear people yap about bad handling JL's I have to wonder what vehicle they are talking about? Mine is lifted, 37s, with 4.88s and is fun as hell on the trail as well as on the street.

I LOVE my 3.6 but I'd take 500/600 hp (I'd be happey with 400/500 too) and need has nothing to do with it. You could say the same thing about even owning a JL to begin with. Most just mall crawl these things so they dont need them. People want what they want, need has nothing to do with it.
18 JLUR: 4:10's, 35's, no lift, auto 3.6, handles fine for what it is. 2,200 lbs of boat , small dog, small wife, big me for a payload of 1,500+ lbs. Seattle to Atlanta over the Rockies end of March thru Covid. Worked it but did fine. Don't need no stinkin 392 but would trade in a heart beat and will if I can.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
So look at this thread and how quickly it has grown. This is what FCA wants. It wants more people to talk about a JL with a 392 in it than to talk about a new Bronco. If there is a hint of a V8 Version of a Wrangler would you be running out to buy a Bronco? This is FCA marketing at its best!
I feel like the vast majority of the buyers who are considering a Bronco are the same type of buyers who consider a Wrangler. They like the look of it. And yes, probably 80% of those Broncos will also be mall crawlers. With that said, those buyers 'probably' would also not care about a 392 6.4L Hemi. The Hemi is for the Jeep enthusiast, those who can really, really use it off roading. I don't see your average mall crawler buyer buying a 392...but who know I can totally be wrong.

There are a select few who just always want the best possible model and there's nothing wrong with that. Those are the exception.

So the 392 is a well timed headline grab and as others have said, is designed to have a top tier, flagship product ...if it is released.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Call me Old Fashioned, but I prefer the rumble and thunder of a big American V8 in my vehicles, as opposed to the whistle of a turbo. Diesels are the exception.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I’ll buy one as soon as I can order it, as long as it only has 2 doors.

msdesignltd

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler Recon unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I think a supercharged 4 litre would be more in order as the peak torque is achieved at lowest RPM..ala the old Mercedes g55.
Controllable low end is best.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I think a supercharged 4 litre would be more in order as the peak torque is achieved at lowest RPM..ala the old Mercedes g55.
Controllable low end is best.
Umm it's not that low in the RPM range in reality.

The benefit of a bigger displacement naturally aspirated engine vs. a smaller displacement forced induction engine is the former is more reliable and more robust.

Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Exactly. They, we, don't need a freaking Wrangler with a 500/600 hp V8 under the hood. They are too squirrelly, too light and handle like a brick, and adding that would make them a deathtrap and endanger the occupants and those around.

It sounds great, but in reality, I don't see it being a reality. Heck, I don't even think the Gladiator would need one either.
Well I guess you are saying, that all those people, that put 392 in thier TJ,JK and JL are nuts?
I know that all those shops that put V8's in Jeeps will be very,vety happy if FCA didn't!
RUN THE TAG!

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I feel like the vast majority of the buyers who are considering a Bronco are the same type of buyers who consider a Wrangler. They like the look of it. And yes, probably 80% of those Broncos will also be mall crawlers. With that said, those buyers 'probably' would also not care about a 392 6.4L Hemi. The Hemi is for the Jeep enthusiast, those who can really, really use it off roading. I don't see your average mall crawler buyer buying a 392...but who know I can totally be wrong.

There are a select few who just always want the best possible model and there's nothing wrong with that. Those are the exception.

So the 392 is a well timed headline grab and as others have said, is designed to have a top tier, flagship product ...if it is released.
You dont need a 392 for wheeling in the least. It may actually hinder your wheeling in tech. It's more for street and fast offroading not to mention bragging rights. lol

I think the test mules still have 44s underneath them. that's a recipe for broken axles if I've ever seen. lol

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
You dont need a 392 for wheeling in the least. It may actually hinder your wheeling in tech. It's more for street and fast offroading not to mention bragging rights. lol

I think the test mules still have 44s underneath them. that's a recipe for broken axles if I've ever seen. lol
Don’t get me wrong, the 3.6 is a great motor, but with 37s you do run out of torque on bigger obstacles. I don’t see how the Hemi would hinder me, though I’d be perfectly happy with the 5.7.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL