Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S 3.0 EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Who is having Power Steering Issues with their Ecodiesel Jeep? Dealer replaced my pump at 5000 miles and as soon as they gave me the keys back it was the exact same way as it was when I gave it to them, Still Bad! I just got back from a trip out to Colorado and Moab, Utah where I struggled with it the whole time. I ran into a fellow forum friend( KOSINAR/Joe) at Jeep dealer in Colorado and he was having the exact issues with his power steering pump on his Ecodiesel Wrangler also.We hung out and wheeled together all we almost and both struggled to get our Jeeps to turn.
Sponsored

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
Who is having Power Steering Issues with their Ecodiesel Jeep? Dealer replaced my pump at 5000 miles and as soon as they gave me the keys back it was the exact same way as it was when I gave it to them, Still Bad! I just got back from a trip out to Colorado and Moab, Utah where I struggled with it the whole time. I ran into a fellow forum friend( KOSINAR/Joe) at Jeep dealer in Colorado and he was having the exact issues with his power steering pump on his Ecodiesel Wrangler also.We hung out and wheeled together all we almost and both struggled to get our Jeeps to turn.
So far Celeste is not having this issue *fingers crossed* I'm at almost 6k miles. Hopefully they fix it for you!

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
Just got back from 8 days wheeling around Silverton, CO. My “power steering overheat light stayed on almost the whole time. Stock tires and wheels and never locked the axles...

OP
OP
Toniagp

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from 8 days wheeling around Silverton, CO. My “power steering overheat light stayed on almost the whole time. Stock tires and wheels and never locked the axles...
Ours was on all the time also, but we did not have steering half the time. had to keep backing up to get the steering wheel to turn. Both dealers told us this is normal.

Jeep Wrangler JL Power Steering Issues?! 1G%lXtbeRTq12p69IH0ioA

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Normal?!? How are the guys on 37's doing it? I would love to have a traditional pump, loose the vacuum booster and add hydraboost. Come on PSC!

Jeep It

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S in Firecracker Red
Ours was on all the time also, but we did not have steering half the time. had to keep backing up to get the steering wheel to turn. Both dealers told us this is normal.

Jeep Wrangler JL Power Steering Issues?! 1G%lXtbeRTq12p69IH0ioA
Normal? Hardly. Surprised they didn’t try the “they all do that” line too. The arrogance and ignorance of some dealer service personnel is shocking, and it’s not just Jeep.

Which dealer in Colorado was it? I’m in the Springs and use Faricy Boys Jeep, and so far they’ve been pretty good.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
8300 miles, almost all on 37s, wheeling the piss out of it, no power steering issues yet. Colder climate maybe?

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was in the 50’s where we were, don’t think that’s it.

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I rode with a Gladiator on 37’s and a sport on 33’s, no one else had problems.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
That's a slap in the face.

Why and what makes the diesel steering system different from the others?
Huh, it's almost like they have seen these gremlins before. They didn't know how to beat them so they made a change for the 2020's (guessing here because I've never seen this particular message mentioned before) they figured screw it, when the system shows whatever parameter that would indicate "poor performance" we'll just shut the power steering down completely and flash them a message. "Yep that should do it, you ready for lunch man?"

Cut to

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is spot on.
Either something is wrong with my unit or no one on plus size tires has posted a problem. Stock wheels and tires....

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
That is spot on.
Either something is wrong with my unit or no one on plus size tires has posted a problem. Stock wheels and tires....
We are at almost 2200 miles a little over half of that on 37's. No powersteering issues whatsoever, and I pray to God it stays that way.

OP
OP
Toniagp

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Normal? Hardly. Surprised they didn’t try the “they all do that” line too. The arrogance and ignorance of some dealer service personnel is shocking, and it’s not just Jeep.

Which dealer in Colorado was it? I’m in the Springs and use Faricy Boys Jeep, and so far they’ve been pretty good.
dealer in Colorado was Grand Junction Chrysler Dodge Jeep, that's where I met Joe(Kosinar) as he was having the same issues and drove himself all the way from Moab to get his checked out, he was told as was I that it was not an issue and nothing was wrong.. The dealer in Florida that I got to eventually change my pump out was Jerry Ulm. When they handed me back the keys it was exactly the same as if nothing was done?! So I don't know if nothing was done(1), the pump is not the problem(2), or if the pump that was installed was bad also(3). Maybe Jeep Cares could chime in here?
Sponsored