First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Has anyone tried one of these jacks? There are a variety of different weight ratings available, I was thinking the smallest (which also lifts the highest?) might possibly fit in the stock jack storage location. Might still be too short for anything beyond 33's though. Guess it would depend on your chosen lifting point.

BAOSHISHAN 3 Ton Double Ram Bottle Jack 6 1/2in.-16 1/2in. Lift Range Portable Hydraulic Jack
That's pretty cool looking. If it could fit in the stock location, I'd be all over it.

balan

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Website
heraglobaltech.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab Punk'n
Occupation
Engineer
i bought one of these from Tractor Supply Co. It gets the job done, although it is a heavy bastard and a tight fit in my gear bag.
Where do you store your gear bag? I'm wondering what creative solutions folks have for storing this in the Jeep.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Where do you store your gear bag? I'm wondering what creative solutions folks have for storing this in the Jeep.
Mine fits in the storage cubby, make sure you have one of these too, I welded my own for about $5. so much safer to jack the axle w/ them :)
You can buy them for about 10x that much :(
https://bottlejackbuddy.net/buy-here
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Trail Bottle Jack - Rubicon JL IMG_0917.JPG

smarshall

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I removed the rear seat from my 2 door and use a couple of Smittybilt trail bags cross ratchet strapped to the seat mount hooks and cargo tie downs. Easy to add and remove if I need the space.

Sponsored

AncientCityJL

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR and 2022 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
amateur tattoo artist and semi-professional race car driver
I have to have a tall jack in order to lift my JLR and I do my best to buy American.

Have you looked at U.S. Jack? Get ready for the sticker shock before you check them out!!
But at least you'll have a jack for life - and so will your kid, and his kid, and his kid...

I use the 8 ton (tall) because:
The extended height is 29-1/2"
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Trail Bottle Jack - Rubicon JL hi-range-hydraulic-bottle-hand-jacks-12ton

Unrated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 4door
Vehicle Showcase
I went with a SafeJack. Very nice piece of kit that works well in various situations with uneven ground. And the loaded storage bag fits in the Wrangler trunk when we are not carrying all our recovery gear. Just my two cents.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have a 6-ton safe Jack but the problem I had with it was when I got a flat it wouldn't lift high enough off the ground to change the tire. I luckily had a couple of 2x4's and could use the factory jack. Bottle jacks typically only will lift 5-6 inches which isn't high enough to lift 37 inch tires off the ground. I bought a dual ram bottle jack but haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Whatever you decide make sure it will lift a completely flat tire off the ground.

Link

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I have a 6-ton safe Jack but the problem I had with it was when I got a flat it wouldn't lift high enough off the ground to change the tire. I luckily had a couple of 2x4's and could use the factory jack. Bottle jacks typically only will lift 5-6 inches which isn't high enough to lift 37 inch tires off the ground. I bought a dual ram bottle jack but haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Whatever you decide make sure it will lift a completely flat tire off the ground.

Link
That's why you need a double ram bottle jack or scissor jack. Lots of youtube video's showing jacking up a lifted truck that doesn't have a flat tire. Most of the bottle jacks they use won't fit under the axle when the tire is flat. (Like my double Ram, but blocks solve that).

Has anyone tried one of these jacks? There are a variety of different weight ratings available, I was thinking the smallest (which also lifts the highest?) might possibly fit in the stock jack storage location. Might still be too short for anything beyond 33's though. Guess it would depend on your chosen lifting point.

BAOSHISHAN 3 Ton Double Ram Bottle Jack 6 1/2in.-16 1/2in. Lift Range Portable Hydraulic Jack
I've got the 4 ton version and it works great with the caveat that you need to drive over a rock or a 2x6 to get it to fit under the axle. It stows safely under the seat where it can't become a missile and kill someone. I also carry these jack pads that work.

But the last 3 flats in our group, I've used my 2.5 ton scissor jack and drive it up with my impact wrench. That also stows away under the seat.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Last edited:

Sponsored

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
So I just received the air jack. I tested it by lifting the rear axle of the Jeep and was pleasantly surprised.
I put the jack on a piece of 4x6 lumber and it lifted the axle high enough to show about 2ā€ under the 37ā€ tire in under a minute just using the twin ARB onboard compressor and a bit faster using my shop 5hp 60 gallon compressor.
The jack weighs in at 35 lbs and isnā€™t horribly large.
I think I may modify the handles to make it more compact and will pick up a couple of 3ā€™ whip hoses to make it easier to control without having to reach under the vehicle
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Trail Bottle Jack - Rubicon JL EC8C400F-6D4E-41BD-AFDF-77DAA444FE9D
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Trail Bottle Jack - Rubicon JL EE11C62C-1322-4041-B3D0-F64DFF59ABCC
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Trail Bottle Jack - Rubicon JL A2A49DE8-8B80-4846-B34E-CF43BAB41BEF

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hereā€™s a better example.
The front end of that truck weighs right around 5,000 lbs and it took less than 5 seconds to get the wheel off the ground when connected to the shop compressor

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Trail Bottle Jack - Rubicon JL D586F33F-67B8-4A8F-8099-B61FDE9C66DB
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Trail Bottle Jack - Rubicon JL E0317049-A54E-4415-9523-736166C2EBB4

failsafe306

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2.0
Build Thread
Link
Hereā€™s a better example.
The front end of that truck weighs right around 5,000 lbs and it took less than 5 seconds to get the wheel off the ground when connected to the shop compressor

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Trail Bottle Jack - Rubicon JL E0317049-A54E-4415-9523-736166C2EBB4
Whatā€™s the lateral stability on that thing? Looks like the whole truck would be swaying left and right very easily.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Whatā€™s the lateral stability on that thing? Looks like the whole truck would be swaying left and right very easily.
Itā€™s fine as long as you only lift one tire at a time. If lifting both tires on one axle it is about as stable as a bottle or scissor jack, so sketchyšŸ˜.
Definitely not as stable as a true floor jack but the lack of effort required to lift the front axle on the truck during tire rotations when compared to my three ton floor jack makes it worth the purchase just for that.
The fact that itā€™s portable enough for trail use is a bonus.
I am going to make a few stackable wood pads for it sit on during trail use.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
So I just received the air jack. I tested it by lifting the rear axle of the Jeep and was pleasantly surprised.
I put the jack on a piece of 4x6 lumber and it lifted the axle high enough to show about 2ā€ under the 37ā€ tire in under a minute just using the twin ARB onboard compressor and a bit faster using my shop 5hp 60 gallon compressor.
The jack weighs in at 35 lbs and isnā€™t horribly large.
I think I may modify the handles to make it more compact and will pick up a couple of 3ā€™ whip hoses to make it easier to control without having to reach under the vehicle
Looks like a nice addition to your shop, not sure about trail use since it takes up quite a bit more room, but cool review there!
Sponsored