Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Damn it. I noticed some scratches on my sliders and diff cover today. I don't think I am taking my jeep off the pavement ever gain!

On a serious note. It happens though. I just destroyed a bolt on one of my exposed racks, part due to what I think a bit of bad design, and part because of my own man handling. No biggie.
Sponsored

jigamanz

First Name
Jeegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Jeep JLUR, 14' Mazda 3 Sport GT, 09' Acura RDX
I took my end caps on my steel bumper off no problem and no scratches. I did it all by hand. I didn't pull out the Milwaukee power tools for such a simple job. Sometimes using too much torque can be a bad thing.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Finish on the bumper is metal to metal, so I would expect some scratches, cross-threaded bolts is a whole different story. I would argue that if the owner is not meant to remove the end caps, why are there instructions on how to do so in the "Owner's Manual"
They should cover the bolt since it is in the manual. There are a couple of tight ones on mine. My dealer would cover it. Think I saw a thread that the steel bumpers are made in China based on being able to buy exact match on Ebay. So we know the quality is excellent.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Glad I’m not the only one that thought “I don’t care how much you paid- it’s an off-roading vehicle. Doesn’t always mean rocks, just places without smooth roads. A scratch is a given”

Sponsored

jigamanz

First Name
Jeegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Jeep JLUR, 14' Mazda 3 Sport GT, 09' Acura RDX
I heard the best way of knowing if you got the right steel bumper is to just take a hammer to it.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I did when they told me they were going to cover it.
One of my bolts was really hard to get out. It could have been cross-threaded but i was using a wrench, not power tools.

The smart ass in me wants to reply: its a Jeep thing! With all your issues but yeah, paying 50K for a vehicle and have even little things is pretty lame. I have the premium sound system as well and the overhead sound bar vibrates with a lot of bass. if i squeeze the middle together it goes away. The way i look at it, is its a continuous work in progress.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Scratched the powder coat on the steel bumper????? WTF didn't you buy jeep with a steel bumper because you might scratch up your jeep off roading? They make flat black spray paint for that. Ill remove my own end caps when i rock crawl and if i scratch my bumper then so what. Like i'm real worried about scratching my bumper.

01DF6218-9D23-4258-8CC1-3E9BC4F26D89.jpeg
I've got trail damage on my doors, skidplates, wheels, tires, fender flares, bumpers, the whole works. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

However, some fuckwit service tech managed to scratch one of my soft top windows when I had the rear seat latch fixed and while you can barely see it and it's absolutely non-consequential, it hasn't stopped haunting my dreams!

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I've got trail damage on my doors, skidplates, wheels, tires, fender flares, bumpers, the whole works. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

However, some fuckwit service tech managed to scratch one of my soft top windows when I had the rear seat latch fixed and while you can barely see it and it's absolutely non-consequential, it hasn't stopped haunting my dreams!
Yeah, I noticed that scratch on your jeep but figured I should not say anything...

Sponsored

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Oh i'm with you there, if anyone is gonna scratch or damage my jeep its gonna be me. all service techs need to be responsible for every scratch they put on your vehicle no matter how old it is that's why they have shop blankets to cover your fender and quarter panel every time they pop the hood. I bet when this guy scratched his own bumper and complained to the service tech about the finish, the service tech was so stunned by such an entitled request that he came back at him with a smart-A$$ remark about bring it in so a certified Tech can remove the end-caps and this guy just doesn't understand sarcasm. I had the same fuckwit sales person crease one of my soft top window panels when she showed me how to collapse the top. I forced her to replace it before i bought it.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
That's silly. Find another dealer. That's like saying, freedom tops are only to be removed by the dealer. Those end caps are meant to be removed by the owner. That's why they used the same size bolts that fit the INCLUDED tool kit.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
That's silly. Find another dealer. That's like saying, freedom tops are only to be removed by the dealer. Those end caps are meant to be removed by the owner. That's why they used the same size bolts that fit the INCLUDED tool kit.
I think the dealer was being sarcastic because he was complaining about scratching his steel bumper finish. Like it was some kind of factory defect. I wouldn't have been so nice in my sarcasm. The dealership was right in telling him that if he wants the dealership to be responsible for bumper scratches then let the dealership remove the end-caps. don't scratch up your own shit and expect the dealership to cover it.