Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Because FCA either hired this photographer or let him sell the photos. These are not "spy" photos!
Ding ding ding! You win the prize. Auto companies leak their own "Spy" photos, to peak the interests of enthusiastic wankers like us. We are free publicity for them. "392 Hemi Powered Wrangler. Shhhh, here are a few photo's, dont tell anyone. "
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
I've been following the Insiders thru ALLpar for years. Remember in small experimental lots of vehicles from FCA you won't find top of the line wheels.. sometimes you'll find steel wheels on a SRT just to throw off the spy photogs...

The new WL Trackhawk is one example.. that will have the Hellcat Redeye engine and the mules running around are the ugliest looking things.. or the new pickup with rear IRS .. covered up with broom bristles....

Never expect the mules to have "What you saw at Moab... or EJS.. of NYIAS.

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I bet those are Mojaves? Hard to tell.

Also not FCA staged photos.
I think we would have been able to see the fancy remote reservoir Fox shocks if it was a Mohave. Plus Mohave is supposed to be a touch taller than the Rubicon. And this does not look like that.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Now it is a staged FCA leak. It just goes on and on. Just stop it.
LOL. I took a picture of a Ford truck being loaded on a flatbed trailer (it was DOA) and uploaded it on this thread with the intention of eliciting a response and seeing people’s thoughts.

It truly had nothing to do with Jeep, HEMI or even 392. I wanted to see where people’s thought process was. Some thought it was a Bronco mule. Others just saw it as a pickup truck.

What it really was, was another Ford truck being loaded on a flatbed trailer and being towed. :CWL: Pictures can tell us everything we need to know, we just have to pay attention and listen to what they’re saying.

Well, I say all of that to say that people see what they want to see. LOL. Too funny.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Lol @ All the conspiracy theories. The photographer is Brian Williams, a well known “spy” photographer. He and a couple other friends used to work for Brenda Priddy who was probably the most famous “spy” photographer for a couple of decades. These guys and gals know where to park to get a good chance of finding things, and they all live in Detroit so it’s easy pickings. In the case of FCA, you setup outside the Chelsea Proving Grounds or Auburn Hills and see what drives by.

There is no conspiracy here. It’s literally how Brian makes a living. Find interesting things to photograph and sell the photos/stories to publications. Same as it has been for years.

Caveat is, he and the rest of the photographers have to fill in the blanks when it comes to the narrative of the photos they take. Sometimes it’s right, sometimes it isn’t.

Last edited:

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack

Sponsored

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
LOL. I took a picture of a Ford truck being loaded on a flatbed trailer (it was DOA) and uploaded it on this thread with the intention of eliciting a response and seeing people’s thoughts.

It truly had nothing to do with Jeep, HEMI or even 392. I wanted to see where people’s thought process was. Some thought it was a Bronco mule. Others just saw it as a pickup truck.

What it really was, was another Ford truck being loaded on a flatbed trailer and being towed. :CWL: Pictures can tell us everything we need to know, we just have to pay attention and listen to what they’re saying.

Well, I say all of that to say that people see what they want to see. LOL. Too funny.
well, when Ford sells 900,000 F-150’s a year you’re more likely to see an F-150 on a flatbed than a Ram 633,000. Approx 42% more likely, but honestly I‘m not sure which is more reliable I just know there’s more F-150s out there.

anyway, I’m sure this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. And no one wants another ford vs Jeep going on here

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Wow pages of nonsensical debate over photos!! :LOL: Honestly who cares if they’re spy shots or leaked? Either way, this is the exciting outcome of competition.

If it happens, we win with an amazing new option. If it doesn’t happen, the JL is still an awesome vehicle that I wouldn’t enjoy any less.

Hell if it doesn’t happen, I’d probably tip my hat to Jeep for trolling Ford with this! People need to lighten up and go back to having fun!

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Wow pages of nonsensical debate over photos!! :LOL: Honestly who cares if they’re spy shots or leaked? Either way, this is the exciting outcome of competition.

If it happens, we win with an amazing new option. If it doesn’t happen, the JL is still an awesome vehicle that I wouldn’t enjoy any less.

Hell if it doesn’t happen, I’d probably tip my hat to Jeep for trolling Ford with this! People need to lighten up and go back to having fun!
It’s an excellent marketing move no matter the source. I don’t think anyone can deny that. I think the debate lies in the fact that many Jeepers want this and whether or not it’s just another tease by FCA.

Whether it’s an affective move, who really knows. It gets them in the headlines, and that’s something they didn’t directly have before.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Why would it be?
Jeep told us for years the Hemi couldn't work in a Wrangler. They gave us dozens of reasons. Now, suddenly, they can. I'm pretty sure nobody over a Ford influenced the government to lighten up or spiked some drinks at a soiree with attorney's from FCA for our benefit.

What if the solution to all the hurdles and setbacks in getting the Hemi for all those years was the top? You can have your 392 Wrangler in all its glory, unabashed and ready to throw down that delicious Scat Pack-like power to massive tires direct from the factory, fueling that ultimate Jeep desire not only to 6.4 liters of delicious displacement, but also to the resulting erection in your pants as you step on the gas. It's all yours, ready and willing, at the sacrifice of a fully removable top.

I know, it sounds ridiculous, but there's always a compromise somewhere.
Sponsored