Sponsored

Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate]

jeditdedn

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Had mine checked week before last. Just a bleed and sleeve. Honestly clutch feels about the same. Aside from maybe a little smoother on the downshift rev match. Maybe that's just me getting better though...
Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
finally after 2 month my jeep is back. they replaced the clutch and the rear main seal, and a new battery. the clutch feels the same. The only difference i can tell is the fiction zone starts earlier.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6 week ordeal, it was in the shop for about 2 weeks but took 6 to get it all sorted, I went to Buena Park Jeep. Don't recommend.

thanks for the info, i got mine back today. Huntington beach jeep. average or slightly below average rating from me.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Great. Now I have a massive oil leak to deal with, what a pleasure of owning a fca product and experiencing fca service. Now I wonder why they replace the rear main seal......Will keep you guys updated.
Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate] A0945691-C48D-4398-90AD-3966E9EAF911
Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate] A0945691-C48D-4398-90AD-3966E9EAF911
Just in case, I´d use a degreaser and thoroughly clean it to be sure it wasn´t just a mess from the repair work. I´ve had shops do work where I thought there was a leak and found that they just didn´t clean anything up afterward, which is a poor practice in and of itself.

That looks like a fresh leak, but cleaning it and confirming it gives you more ammo when you go back in. I´ve heard many times from friends of improper installation of rear main seals and continued leaks, plus I had it happen on my 0ld Mercedes E430. Took it back in and they did it again. Fortunately they got it right on the second try.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just in case, I´d use a degreaser and thoroughly clean it to be sure it wasn´t just a mess from the repair work. I´ve had shops do work where I thought there was a leak and found that they just didn´t clean anything up afterward, which is a poor practice in and of itself.

That looks like a fresh leak, but cleaning it and confirming it gives you more ammo when you go back in. I´ve heard many times from friends of improper installation of rear main seals and continued leaks, plus I had it happen on my 0ld Mercedes E430. Took it back in and they did it again. Fortunately they got it right on the second try.
thanks, I have actually use brake cleaner to clean it when I got home and crawl under the jeep to check the dealer's work. it was damp so I just hose it with brake cleaner. Then I went to my friend's house to help him replace ball joint and u joints and found the leak on his drive and this after I got home......so it is leaking for sure......lucy me.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
thanks, I have actually use brake cleaner to clean it when I got home and crawl under the jeep to check the dealer's work. it was damp so I just hose it with brake cleaner. Then I went to my friend's house to help him replace ball joint and u joints and found the leak on his drive and this after I got home......so it is leaking for sure......lucy me.
Damn. I hope they get it right for you and quickly.

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!

When i got mine back after the repair work done, I was looking over the repair and noticed a boat load of break/clutch fluid all over my frame and control arm. I tried cleaning it all up but at that point in time it had already dried up and ate away at or stained those pieces that were saturated. I guess ill be painting the frame sooner than later.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Great. Now I have a massive oil leak to deal with, what a pleasure of owning a fca product and experiencing fca service. Now I wonder why they replace the rear main seal......Will keep you guys updated.
When i got mine back after the repair work done, I was looking over the repair and noticed a boat load of break/clutch fluid all over my frame and control arm. I tried cleaning it all up but at that point in time it had already dried up and ate away at or stained those pieces that were saturated. I guess ill be painting the frame sooner than later.
Hello @supermike and @SirMagnus89
We are terribly sorry to hear that this happened. If you intend to bring this to the attention of your dealers, please know that our team would be happy to assist in your servicing visit. Feel free to send us a private message so that we may look into this further for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Three weeks in my clutch still feels good.

I feel like I should write my dealer a thank you note!
That is great to hear!

Do it! They don't get those too often and it will encourage them to take care of the tech who has the manual transmission skills!

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Ive got this exact problem, its going back to the dealer, one thing after another, after another. They "replaced the rear main seal" when they did the clutch job, guess what, it's leaking again. This is crap.

JW12

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2-Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Financial Services
Took my Jeep into the local dealership for the clutch recall. Fairly anticlimactic. They bled the system and installed the sleeve. Found no leaks. The clutch feels the same as it did before I took the Jeep in. Has little tension when pressing the clutch pedal.

bio86250

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys, 2022 JL Willys Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Have already schedule an appointment with my dealer, hoping I worried too much. I ordered my stick shift Willys on May, I thought the clutch recall isn't my concern. When I picked up my Willys on the first day of July, the clutch was so smooth that it was even harder to find the engagement point. After driving 500 miles, I feel the clutch is a bit of shaking when approaching the engagement point. When entering first gear, I can feel the pedal is a little bit of shaking but not a considerable shake when the clutch is stepped on to the end. This doesn't happens on reverse gear. Sorry, this might be a stupid question but this is my first stick shift. Any thoughts, everyone?
Sponsored