Best method to hang JL doors in garage?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Just made a quick video showing my set up.
Get the Arc door holders you'll be glad you did 40 bucks for a set it's so worth it. they go inside the window frame not on the rubber itself which can damage and put it in a indention on the rubber and then have water leak later when you put them back on. You can buy them on Amazon or Ebay orgo right to their website. Best door hangers available and don't get wheelbarrow hangers they will put indentions on your rubber seals

Screenshot_20200605-152738_Gallery.jpg

20200605_152312.jpg
Sponsored

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
So Arc is the way to go? Iā€™ve seen other brands.

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get the Arc door holders you'll be glad you did 40 bucks for a set it's so worth it. they go inside the window frame not on the rubber itself which can damage and put it in a indention on the rubber and then have water leak later when you put them back on. You can buy them on Amazon or Ebay orgo right to their website. Best door hangers available and don't get wheelbarrow hangers they will put indentions on your rubber seals

Jeep Wrangler JL Best method to hang JL doors in garage? 20200605_152312

Jeep Wrangler JL Best method to hang JL doors in garage? 20200605_152312
Iā€™ve seen it on eBay and they give you some type of foam material to put between the hanger and door frame. Do you use anything like that or just straight up hang them?

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Iā€™ve seen it on eBay and they give you some type of foam material to put between the hanger and door frame. Do you use anything like that or just straight up hang them?
No foam or rubber. it just fits in between the rubber seal where doesn't put pressure on anyting anything that pushes in on the rubber can put in indention permanently. I mean they're only 39..95 for a set on eBay or Amazon it's well worth it to not take a chance of tearing your doors up

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No foam or rubber. it just fits in between the rubber seal where doesn't put pressure on anyting anything that pushes in on the rubber can put in indention permanently. I mean they're only 39..95 for a set on eBay or Amazon it's well worth it to not take a chance of tearing your doors up
Great thank you! Will order asap

11bguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Sequoia
off-road concepts are a nightmare to use for the JL... they need to design because the door stops are a huge scratch hazard... taking mine down and will order ARC!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
off-road concepts are a nightmare to use for the JL... they need to design because the door stops are a huge scratch hazard... taking mine down and will order ARC!
That is your best option. Mine do a great job holding the doors on the wall

Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Can you add a pic to show what you mean? I was about to buy these as my first choice, but am not picturing what your describing. Thank you.

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can you add a pic to show what you mean? I was about to buy these as my first choice, but am not picturing what your describing. Thank you.
The ORC door hangers were originally designed for the JK. The JK doors do not have the ā€˜door detainerā€™ that the JL doors have. This is the little spring loaded arm that holds the door open or half-open that you unbolt whenever you remove the doors.

(Note - you can just shove the stupid thing into the door and forget it exists and have nice floppy Jeepy doors)

So because this stupid little arm sticks out of the door, if you mount the doors too close together then the arm from one door hits the other and scratches the paint.

If you look earlier in the thread, I think I posted my homemade hinge-mount version. To address this problem with the similar ORC hangers, I spaced the hinge mounting points further apart so the door detainers have enough room.

Oh jeez this thread is sixteen pages. Forget it hereā€™s the pic again.

06224846-104D-48A1-A7B5-283B055FFA32.jpeg

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
The ORC door hangers were originally designed for the JK. The JK doors do not have the ā€˜door detainerā€™ that the JL doors have. This is the little spring loaded arm that holds the door open or half-open that you unbolt whenever you remove the doors.

(Note - you can just shove the stupid thing into the door and forget it exists and have nice floppy Jeepy doors)

So because this stupid little arm sticks out of the door, if you mount the doors too close together then the arm from one door hits the other and scratches the paint.

If you look earlier in the thread, I think I posted my homemade hinge-mount version. To address this problem with the similar ORC hangers, I spaced the hinge mounting points further apart so the door detainers have enough room.

Oh jeez this thread is sixteen pages. Forget it hereā€™s the pic again.

06224846-104D-48A1-A7B5-283B055FFA32.jpeg
Ok, I think I see what youā€™re saying, thank you. My plan was to go with the 2- two door mounts, but Iā€™m guessing this also won't work because the center mount location is still too close to one another. Maybe I'll just go with the ARC - I just wanted something clean that will also hold tube doors in the future.

11bguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Sequoia
I contacted off-road concepts and told them they should not be advertising this for the JL. It just doesnā€™t work it wasnā€™t meant for the JL. I told them they need to just make it specific for the JK or need to do a complete re-design for the JL. Iā€™ll see what they say

image.jpg

image.jpg

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Push those door arms all the way into the door and problem solved. Unless I'm following this part of the thread incorrectly.
Sponsored