Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Only people who smoke crack can imagine a 65-70k vehicle with sky one touch, leds, adaptive cruise, alpine stereo, cold weather, tow, etc etc plus any additional goodies for this model creeping up to 80k..
lol. I paid 46 for everything you listed minus the power top. So yes,I stand by my statement.
Sponsored

N6WTango

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
We just spied the production version of the V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Hemi out conducting its first public testing!
First off this was staged. Do you really think someone in this vehicle just happened to pull over on the side of a highway and let a stranger with a camera walk around this vehicle? This is more FCA hipe because of the Bronco. Don't get your hopes up. In its present form, it will never pass the crash tests.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
First off this was staged. Do you really think someone in this vehicle just happened to pull over on the side of a highway and let a stranger with a camera walk around this vehicle? This is more FCA hipe because of the Bronco. Don't get your hopes up. In its present form, it will never pass the crash tests.
The level of conspiracy thinking on this and on the Bronco reveal has just been amazing to me.

Legitimate pictures believed to be fake due to questionable shadows. Belief that Ford purposely scheduled the Bronco reveal on OJs birthday. These pictures can't be real because they have Florida plates. Now it is a staged FCA leak. It just goes on and on.

Just stop it.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Hey guys, I just want a Wrangler with a 400hp Hemi, A/C, sturdy axles, and the Alpine Stereo.
No keyless fob. Dont care about power windows. Dont care about disco led lights.
After having the Alpine System in my present Jeep, I can say it is worth the extra money.

Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
You’re a tool. I don’t live in Portland. Everywhere else in the state is normal. Nice try though. You’re already backing off your original statements.
No not backing off at all. Still the same bid 80k.

p.s. you seem like a really cool guy. <3

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
The level of conspiracy thinking on this and on the Bronco reveal has just been amazing to me.

Legitimate pictures believed to be fake due to questionable shadows. Belief that Ford purposely scheduled the Bronco reveal on OJs birthday. These pictures can't be real because they have Florida plates. Now it is a staged FCA leak. It just goes on and on.

Just stop it.
Jeep miraculously pulling this off just in time for the Bronco is one thing, but absolutely nobody had an inkling this was happening until that 392 photo hit social media. For a solid day, we weren't quite sure what to make of it. Then the concept video appeared a day later and suddenly everyone had an "insider" that has known this was in development for years.

I still refuse to believe a 392 Wrangler can exist without some kind of serious compromise somewhere. Whether it come in the form of reduction in general offroad performance or tweaks to the powertrain for added safety, the Wrangler as we know it today with twice the horsepower and torque still sounds like a unicorn to me.

But I sure as shit hope I'm wrong and they make it happen. It still sounds too good to be true at the moment, regardless of spy photos, only because we were told no for so damn long.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Jeep miraculously pulling this off just in time for the Bronco is one thing, but absolutely nobody had an inkling this was happening until that 392 photo hit social media. For a solid day, we weren't quite sure what to make of it. Then the concept video appeared a day later and suddenly everyone had an "insider" that has known this was in development for years.

I still refuse to believe a 392 Wrangler can exist without some kind of serious compromise somewhere. Whether it come in the form of reduction in general offroad performance or tweaks to the powertrain for added safety, the Wrangler as we know it today with twice the horsepower and torque still sounds like a unicorn to me.

But I sure as shit hope I'm wrong and they make it happen. It still sounds too good to be true at the moment, regardless of spy photos, only because we were told no for so damn long.
Just curious why you feel they would need to make compromise somewhere? For instance, why would they reduce offroad performance? When you say safety, are you talking about reliability? Or just keeping people from crashing it? 500 horsepower in a Wrangler is not that crazy due to the drive train loss, weight, and the way the suspension puts the power to the pavement. Additionally, it will not be geared like a sports car. 500 horse will probably barely get them below 5 seconds to 60 even with the 8 speed, and it won't have top end power.

N6WTango

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT

Just stop it.
So you think the photos just happened by luck? Some random person driving by, Oh wait there is no other vehicle parked in the photos. Where did the photographer come from? OH I see he was out just walking on the side of a highway and this JL just happened to park in front of him!

The photographer got out of the JL and took the photos just like he was supposed to. Nothing was "Spied". Talk about a conspiracy.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Just curious why you feel they would need to make compromise somewhere? For instance, why would they reduce offroad performance? When you say safety, are you talking about reliability? Or just keeping people from crashing it? 500 horsepower in a Wrangler is not that crazy due to the drive train loss, weight, and the way the suspension puts the power to the pavement. Additionally, it will not be geared like a sports car. 500 horse will probably barely get them below 5 seconds to 60 even with the 8 speed, and it won't have top end power.
Because those were always the reasons Jeep gave us for it not happening, even back when people wanted a factory 5.7 for the JK over a decade ago. Jeep always said it couldn't be done because of crash safety this or CAFE standard that. There were a litany of reasons why it couldn't be done, but now that the Bronco has arrived, suddenly they're not a problem? I don't quite buy it. Yet.

And let's not kid ourselves. Reliability is always a serious consideration for questioning an FCA product.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Being skeptical this could make it to production is very reasonable. Thinking that all indications that it could are a conspiracy from FCA to fool Jeep owners is not.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So you think the photos just happened by luck? Some random person driving by, Oh wait there is no other vehicle parked in the photos. Where did the photographer come from? OH I see he was out just walking on the side of a highway and this JL just happened to park in front of him!

The photographer got out of the JL and took the photos just like he was supposed to. Nothing was "Spied". Talk about a conspiracy.
It. Happens. All. The. Time.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
ok...hmm. How is this "spy shot" the same vehicle as this:

https://www.fourwheeler.com/news/jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-concept/

(has a pretty good video too...so the "concept" is VERY real, I'm just doubting this whole spy shot thing)

Is everyone saying they downgraded the concept vehicle to keep it hidden?

Clearly, not the same tires or wheels. That mopar article claims that's a "dead giveaway"...but those beadlock wheels aren't even the same as what's on the concept nor are those tires the the 37" Wildpeak that's on the concept.

And as I mentioned multiple times...no half doors...

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
There are professional photogs who hang out by test facilities just to get pictures like this and sell them. It's not a new thing. Sometimes there is cooperation when the company wants certain things to be leaked. This is also not new.
Sponsored