Not open for further replies.

Kery00

First Name
Kery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango, Ford CMAX, Punk'n Jeep on the way
I am surprised at the number of people who ordered from an out of state or non-local dealer. I wonder if that’s unique with a wrangler that dealers are willing to turn away business so easily. I understand they are trying to make as much as they can on each sale, but 500$ profit is better than none. Even locally I found over 1k In difference, and they were unwilling to match. When I went further (Kim in Conway) it was over 2k less.thats substantial, and shows that there is some room in these to negotiate if a dealer wants to.

Congratulations on your soon to pick up JL, I am counting Dow the days until my 5hr trip to pick mine up. My Daughter is going to take her first plane ride with me to go get it. Wife can’t go since I ordered the dual top and the entire back is taken up by the gigantic box and maybe factory wheels (if I end up with Mopar beadlocks)
I initially looked at ordering from Idaho, I sent out emails to both Idaho and every dealer in the Portland, Oregon area. The Local Dealer to me which is in Hillsboro, Oregon asked what sort of deal I was looking to get. I sent them the quote from the Idaho dealer and they basically said ok. The only difference was the $1000 extra that I would not be taking due to not wanting to finance with Chrysler. Not having to travel was worth the $1000 extra.

I am sure the local dealer is hoping to make more money off me with add-ons like warranty and extra eagle beaks in the headliner. But those I can easily say no thank you to. The MSRP for my jeep was right at $53000 and I should be getting mine for just at $47000. So I feel like I did ok.
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I initially looked at ordering from Idaho, I sent out emails to both Idaho and every dealer in the Portland, Oregon area. The Local Dealer to me which is in Hillsboro, Oregon asked what sort of deal I was looking to get. I sent them the quote from the Idaho dealer and they basically said ok. The only difference was the $1000 extra that I would not be taking due to not wanting to finance with Chrysler. Not having to travel was worth the $1000 extra.

I am sure the local dealer is hoping to make more money off me with add-ons like warranty and extra eagle beaks in the headliner. But those I can easily say no thank you to. The MSRP for my jeep was right at $53000 and I should be getting mine for just at $47000. So I feel like I did ok.
Pretty close to my deal. Sticker is right under 54k, and I will be around 46.6 out the door.

LUCKYSTRIKE

First Name
BRYAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2SS CAMARO
Thanks again Jay. Picked up at Jim Marsh in Vegas yesterday. It definitely has presence. Drive home to SoCal was a thrill especially with the manual tranny. Some wind noise a little bit more steering input needed... I love it. It’s a Jeep! If I wanted a touring feel there are other vehicles for that.

54CF82AA-0218-4FEE-9314-9662A4DD6091.jpeg

D44D39E5-0689-4D28-8B24-7DC3F5D21EE1.jpeg

Big Al D

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hi thanks so much in advance!
VON # 41298241
Ordered 3/22/2018

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Hi thanks so much in advance!
VON # 41298241
Ordered 3/22/2018
:facepalm: Thats not how this works...please read the first post on page 1 for instructions. :like:

Sponsored

Big Al D

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
:facepalm: Thats not how this works...please read the first post on page 1 for instructions. :like:
Thank you so can only be added when it opens up again, got it.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Yep! They will also be adding a paid version ($20) soon, so keep your eyes open for that as well. Welcome to the site!

Kery00

First Name
Kery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango, Ford CMAX, Punk'n Jeep on the way
Historically that looks to be the case. I think they are changing up how they are going to do it very soon. Many of us are waiting to see what the new system is going to be.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Haha I ordered on 3/3 and still in C.... I’d love to at least be in D and have a vin so I can track it.[/QUOTE
Congrats

Dave Smith I assume. I’ve purchased a couple of vehicles from them. Good experience
you are correct.. this is my 3rd from them. 3 reasons I use them. 1. is that it seems the local dealers just don’t want to get low enough in price.. my 2014 build(lift,wheels,tires,bumper,winch,programmer) was 6k less than the same local stock JKUR. 2. I trust their accessory department to build it right and 3rd is that I can break it in on the ride home.. airfare is less than 100$.... I’m pretty sure I pissed off the local dealer which may have got somebody else a good deal because how much business do they want to lose to an out of state dealer? The local dealer got to 500 under invoice then Dave’s went 5% under and that was that.......

RubiMom18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubcion
Weird, because I'm showing up on my dealer website but NOT www.jeep.com
Mine had showed up on jeep.com as well as my dealer website as in transit since it hit KZ. Today, it does not show up on either site. Weird. Maybe it's been delivered :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Reactions: LHB

Sponsored

Bill Tower

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited 4 door, Firecracker Red
You will love Palo Duro canyon. Was there a few years back. I highly recommend the Jeep tour at the place that “lonsome dove” was based. They take you on an awesome tour into the canyon, far better than you can get to with your own vehicle.

I was just in Chandler for a week looking at houses there, Anthem, Cave creek, and northern Scottsdale. I guess when it is time for my next Jeep I will be making the same drive as you back to AR. Easy drive though as think Conway is right off 40.
You are right I40 all the way, just a little I17 at start.

RubiMom18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubcion
Mine had showed up on jeep.com as well as my dealer website as in transit since it hit KZ. Today, it does not show up on either site. Weird. Maybe it's been delivered :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:
I just noticed that my dealer had 15 Rubicons showing in transit yesterday on jeep.com and their website. Now today there are NO Rubicons showing as in transit on jeep.com or the dealer's site. If they were sold orders, do they disappear from jeep.com and the dealer site once delivered? Or is someone just messing with me? LOL

TheJime

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL Unlimited Sahara, 10' Grand Cherokee
Thanks again @JAY and @JLWF Dealer Guy for helping us all! Sorry for the delay and minimal pictures, but my JL has been amazing. Had the chance to take her down to the keys on Sunday. Hopefully everyone else is able to get theirs quickly! IMG_8649 (1).jpg IMG_8662.JPG IMG_8663.JPG IMG_8696.JPG IMG_8713.JPG

Last edited:

JDinSOCal

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKUR Anvil, '17 4Runner TRD
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know how long after the Jeep shows up on your dealer's website before it gets there?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.