Sponsored

Clubmud

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited 3.6l. 2004 Dodge Quad 2500 Laramie 5.9l Cummins
I'm waiting 4-6 weeks on my ACE engineering sliders... Ha!

https://aceengineeringandfab.com/collections/jl-products/products/jl-rock-sliders-4-door

Went with the ACE sliders as they attach to the frame bolts and you do NOT have to remove the factory sliders. Quite a bit of protection!

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Sliders:  This or That....Opinions Wanted 447DF1F8-962E-474E-869A-97760BDB9BB6
Just ordered mine as well. Was looking at a lot of others and most I looked at seemed to need some extra mods or didn't seem to be as stout. I'm gonna go nuts if it actually takes 5-6 weeks to get them but we live by the decisions we make right? Iike I said I looked at a lot of different styles and I think these will look great and function as needed.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
ouch!! Did you manage to fix it all up?
Yeah had dealer repair it. Drilled it out. Helicoil. Several hours of labor. Many hundreds of dollars later. Like it never happened.

Which is why I went to the SB SRC side armor. :)

Sponsored

JLURUBI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
+1 for the RockHard Patriot. I like the clean looks and my wife uses them as a step with no issues. The biggest hits on mine were from other vehicles, sideswiped on the driver’s side the initial impact was at the front of the door/ fender. The slider saved me from any damage to the main body, just a front and rear fender and good as new. The second time someone backed into the passenger side with no damage
Hit both sides on rocks and dirt / trail debris. No body damage when I pulled them off to clean up and paint.
New Diesel on order and this will be the first mod

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I bought the Roam frame mounts for my 2 door. When I unpackaged them I was not impressed with the thin powder coat. Owning a TJ also, I am a little shy of rust problems. I initially tried to sell them but had no takers. I spent an extra $100 on a bedliner kit from raptor and coated them. This should hold off the rust.

The first side I put on did not quite line up. They sat too close in touching the Bushwhacker rocker guards. I had to get out the die grinder and carbide bit to elongate the holes in the mounting brackets. The drivers side bolted right up.

They look good and are definitely solid. I am over 300# and they don't budge when stepping up on them. They do lineup very nice with the fener flares and keep the everyday road grime from splattering up.

They have a lot of extra nuts welded in place on the bottom like there are optional mounting spots or something. Don't really understand why.

While they are solid, the underside and mounting points leave a lot of voids and areas that would hang up if truly trying to slide over rocks.

Overall now that they are done, I like the result. Would I recommend? Probably not. They were not a straight bolt on application for me. Probably way overkill also since I don't really rock crawl and just needed a solid step.

VS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Ferrari 550, Honda S2000, VW GLI
The LOD armor lite sliders are one of the most expensive sliders out there. But then again they are aluminum which is a plus since rust won't be an issue. Overall the install of the sliders was fairly straightforward and they do look and function well. I then ordered the steel skid plates to complete the sliders. While they look well made, I ran into issues right away on getting these mounted.

The skid plates attach via T-nuts that fit into channels in the sliders. Well The T-nuts fit on the passenger side of the Jeep but are too big to fit on the driver side sliders. I contacted the LOD support via email and their overall response amounted to- "The channel may be slightly out of tolerance to fit the t-nut which can happen in the extrusion process. Sending new t-nuts probably won’t work either. You could either grind the t-nut slightly to make it fit, or pop them in with a mallet and then slide them into position?"

Really, this is the response for one of the most expensive complete sliders on the market?? Pretty pathetic response in my opinion. Especially at this price point, I expect things to fit together without issues. And even if one side doesn't fit together, it would be easy enough for them to send some T-Nuts that have been ground down a little. I can verify they are too large to just hammer them into place. Besides, I shouldn't have to do this with such an expensive product but will have the T-nuts ground down. But the pathetic customer support is noted and this will be my last LOD product.

If I were to do it over again, I would have gone with a better brand that has better customer service.

VS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Ferrari 550, Honda S2000, VW GLI
I was pretty annoyed about it but to LOD's credit they are being responsive to the issue. Thanks

The LOD armor lite sliders are one of the most expensive sliders out there. But then again they are aluminum which is a plus since rust won't be an issue. Overall the install of the sliders was fairly straightforward and they do look and function well. I then ordered the steel skid plates to complete the sliders. While they look well made, I ran into issues right away on getting these mounted.

The skid plates attach via T-nuts that fit into channels in the sliders. Well The T-nuts fit on the passenger side of the Jeep but are too big to fit on the driver side sliders. I contacted the LOD support via email and their overall response amounted to- "The channel may be slightly out of tolerance to fit the t-nut which can happen in the extrusion process. Sending new t-nuts probably won’t work either. You could either grind the t-nut slightly to make it fit, or pop them in with a mallet and then slide them into position?"

Really, this is the response for one of the most expensive complete sliders on the market?? Pretty pathetic response in my opinion. Especially at this price point, I expect things to fit together without issues. And even if one side doesn't fit together, it would be easy enough for them to send some T-Nuts that have been ground down a little. I can verify they are too large to just hammer them into place. Besides, I shouldn't have to do this with such an expensive product but will have the T-nuts ground down. But the pathetic customer support is noted and this will be my last LOD product.

If I were to do it over again, I would have gone with a better brand that has better customer service.
Sponsored