Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
FCA wants a halo project great, but like we both said give the average guy some new options, shit throw a turbo on the v6 or a supercharger. Half doors, new colors, heck anything without up charging us all the time. would be nice to have a bunch of no charge upgrades like headlights that are WW2 technology. oh well time will tell I guess
Adding a turbo on the v6 or supercharger would likely create the same issues that prevented them from doing a V8 initially anyway, and probably cost more to consumers than the 6.4. Cooling demand would be higher, peak fuel demand would be higher... and you'd still have the other requirements with the v8 that adding more power comes with.
Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Adding a turbo on the v6 or supercharger would likely create the same issues that prevented them from doing a V8 initially anyway, and probably cost more to consumers than the 6.4.
just seems like FCA is a reaction company, not proactive

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No thanks. I’ll choose my own lift and tires. Mopar suspensions are garbage.
It depends if it's OEM or Mopar. There's a difference. If it's installed from the factory, and engineered together with the vehicle, I am OK with that. Otherwise I agree.... I'd be ripping it off right away!

Reactions: TMP

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha, yea.. there's really awful options out there. Same issue w/ JK. That's why OEM half doors would be great... as they have proper mirrors, factory features, etc. Yes they're like $4-$5k painted for a four door but give us the option damnit!

Deleted member 29342

You’re sensible which means you aren’t a buyer for this.
Not disagreeing with this because it’s true. Still, there will be people who’ll buy this simply because they can and want to experience owning a Wrangler with a HEMI in it.

I am definitely not a buyer for this but I am all in favor for anyone who has the means and the desire to want to buy this beast.

People like to say, “you only live once.” But I disagree. We live everyday we’re here and we die once. So to all those wealthy, well to do folks who can afford this, I say you lucky bastards, well done!
For me it’s not worth it bc I don’t keep my vehicle longer then 3 years they never last. Once the warranty is up the vehicle goes. Then again I’m know for waking up and going out and buy something crazy at times so we will see.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
For me it’s not worth it bc I don’t keep my vehicle longer then 3 years they never last. Once the warranty is up the vehicle goes. Then again I’m know for waking up and going out and buy something crazy at times so we will see.
That makes sense. I’ve always had underpowered Wranglers in both my YJ and TJ and never complained. The V6 is sufficient for my needs and I’m happy for those who can bring this HEMI beast out to play.

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I mean honestly if it's not I'll just swap mine for less...but I would prefer warranty, etc. I really freaking hope they make a 2 door version. But they probably won't.
2 door has low sales volume and some of them are budget buyers. It would be money-wise easier for FCA to do this for the 4 door.

Also with 2 door JK V8 conversions, I've heard the front drive shaft angle is too much especially with a lift.

TowDawg

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Unlimited, BMW 535M, Dodge Viper, Hummer H1, race cars, motorhome, general toys.
I’ve seen numbers in here as high as 80k lol no way it’ll be that much. The motor itself I believe runs for about 8k.
I'll bet it's every bit of $80k. My 6cyl Rubicon was $63k as it is. Add in the cost of the Engine, the Engineering needed to make it work, the extra strengthening needed for a lot of other drivetrain parts, AND the fact that they're going to make it a "special" option/trim/package, I think it will easily add another $17k to current pricing.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
No thanks. I’ll choose my own lift and tires. Mopar suspensions are garbage.
Yup plus you can roast the 33’s before changing them out. Oh by the way. The “concept vehicle” has the inferior “full time” all wheel drive transfer case.
Sponsored