Sponsored

TMP

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Best guess on tire size? They don't look like 37s.
Those tiny looking tires are the same as mine; stock 33's.
It would be sweet if this came lifted with 35s or 37s from the factory.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
This will be out of the price range for most people which is a bad move in my estimation. Also the way they are configuring it. A worked 5.7 with close to 400hp would have been a much better move because it would have been at a better price point and an option not just a package. Now people have to take a 85k jeep to start a “project”. very short sighted and not really positive from an “enthusiast” standpoint. Its pretty clear the entry price is going to prohibit large sales of this model which is what they want because the more they sell the higher carbon tax they have to pay. Tha k you lib tree huggers and your CaFE standards. You favor toxic lithium and centralized hydrocarbon burning.... makes sense...
LOL. Where the hell are you guys coming up with these numbers? How do you know how it will be configured? Why wouldn’t this be an engine option just like every other motor they offer? You guys crack me up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I like how everyone brings up the cost. Hey there are plenty of folks willing to shell out a lot of money in the aftermarket to get a Hemi in their jeep. I'll take mine with a factory warranty.
outta the 200,000 units sold every year.......maybe 500 go to a shop and drop $80-$100K thats cool and great god bless them. If you want to drop that kinda coin on a box on wheels more power to ya.
The point I was making was give the average consumer some shit we would find cool interesting, etc.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I mentioned it before is a Jeep Wrangler really worth 80k.
You’re sensible which means you aren’t a buyer for this.
All at once? Probably not to many. But others justify it as 'I spent $50k' and then added another $50k slowly over time, lol. They prefer to forget =)
Not disagreeing with this because it’s true. Still, there will be people who’ll buy this simply because they can and want to experience owning a Wrangler with a HEMI in it.

I am definitely not a buyer for this but I am all in favor for anyone who has the means and the desire to want to buy this beast.

People like to say, “you only live once.” But I disagree. We live everyday we’re here and we die once. So to all those wealthy, well to do folks who can afford this, I say you lucky bastards, well done!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Again, where are you getting that it will be anything but an option box?
There's no official word, so we don't know. That said, up to this point credible sources have stated it will be a trim package, and not a check box.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
outta the 200,000 units sold every year.......maybe 500 go to a shop and drop $80-$100K thats cool and great god bless them. If you want to drop that kinda coin on a box on wheels more power to ya.
The point I was making was give the average consumer some shit we would find cool interesting, etc.
The market is significantly larger than that =) Probably 10 fold at least. But yes, I agree too! I would love to see other things prioritized such as half doors, etc.

I'd love though to have a factory 6.4 Wrangler with half doors and B pillar chop. But I too draw the line at crazy high inflated MSRP's where I could literally just do it myself and give a local company the business. We'll see what happens.

daboink

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL 3.6
Occupation
Design/Builder
The TR6060 manual trans from the Challenger won’t work in Wrangler. It has a tall 2.66 first gear
The trade out for the 6.4 or the 5.7 from most was the Getrag 238.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Regarding the Florida plates. Here's another example. It's FCA's Charger Widebody prototype out testing (before it was released as a production model). It was photographed in the same place as today's pics. Also wearing Florida plates and also disguised as some 'regular' vehicle.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spied! V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Hemi Production Version Begins Testing! dodge-charger-widebody-scat-pack-spy-photos

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The market is significantly larger than that =) Probably 10 fold at least. But yes, I agree too! I would love to see other things prioritized such as half doors, etc.

I'd love though to have a factory 6.4 Wrangler with half doors and B pillar chop. But I too draw the line at crazy high inflated MSRP's where I could literally just do it myself and give a local company the business. We'll see what happens.
FCA wants a halo project great, but like we both said give the average guy some new options, shit throw a turbo on the v6 or a supercharger. Half doors, new colors, heck anything without up charging us all the time. would be nice to have a bunch of no charge upgrades like headlights that are WW2 technology. oh well time will tell I guess