Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Yawn. Just another concept. Same as the other 50 or so V8 Wranglers they have shown off since the late '80s. Nothing to see here.
No.
Sponsored

smklaw

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Edit: Reading is fundamental :D

So, if that's an FCA developed vehicle why is it wearing bog-standard Florida plates and not Michigan M Plates?
I'm in Naples and we see them testing here all the time in and out of the Everglades in I-75. There is also a test track on the edge of the Glades that used to be owned by Harley Davidson and now owned by FCA USA that a lot of manufacturers use.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
To go from the 3.6 to the 392 on a Challenger Scat Pack is only $11K. I don't know why it would cost cost $30k in a Wrangler.
It wouldn’t lol not sure where people are getting that high price point from. It may cost a TAD more than what it would cost to do a DIY swap as a convenience fee though. Got to get that labor rate in there..

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It wouldn’t lol not sure where people are getting that high price point from. It may cost a TAD more than what it would cost to do a DIY swap as a convenience fee though. Got to get that labor rate in there..
Well actually if you are suggesting more than a DIY swap with everything included (i.e., which is essentially buying things twice) they are adding.. it probably would be $30k!

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Yeah but who pays that...I got 13% off mine. I think the point about selling too many is valid though, but then again -- 4xe is also coming. Who knows.

I do think they will charge a premium to ensure it softens demand, but I also don't think there's a ton of people that will buy a V8 Wrangler that starts at ~$60k. Given how people option them, with options it will probably end up in the $70's... but I honestly think that puts demand low enough where they will not impact CAFE.

But yeah dropping a hellcat crate motor into a Wrangler is ... probably a $50,000-$75,000 project once you start upgrading everything else that will need it. It gets expensive very fast. Ask me how I know, ha. Also, you think Trackhawk MPG is bad... you'd be lucky to get 5-6 mpg out of a hellcat swapped Wrangler on 37's.
The limited edition they actually do make... your really think youre going to get 13% off of msrp on a 6.4 hemi jeep? Keep dreaming.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The limited edition they actually do make... your really think youre going to get 13% off of msrp on a 6.4 hemi jeep? Keep dreaming.
Agreed. Let's assume you pay sticker and/or ADM. But exclude the ADM since FCA got all whiny last time that happened with the Demon -- if it's numbered, which is what you are suggesting with 'limited' edition, which it may not be.

I still think it'll start in the high $50's though. There's just no history of behavior to suggest they'd price it at track hawk range.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Well actually if you are suggesting more than a DIY swap with everything included (i.e., which is essentially buying things twice) they are adding.. it probably would be $30k!
Easy money should be a piece of cake for some of these ballers!

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Agree on that comment just above! I have driven a 2 door with a HEMI on some dirt roads in Montana and it was like being on ice skates! fun but as an every day driver I just don't need it and won't pay for it assuming it's in the 70,000 plus range - if it were priced lower, I'd probably do it and be sorry once I wrapped myself around a maple tree on my way to work
Little known fact, the speedometer on a 392 Wrangler also starts from 0. So presumably you don't need to kill yourself just because you can. I mean our Jeeps are faster now than they were before, does it mean more accidents?

Calm down.

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
Might set a record with this thread. Not even 3 hours in, and already 7 pages of ruined pants. Lol

Yup, started the clothes washer again and the dryer isn't finished with the first "LOAD".

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Agreed. Let's assume you pay sticker and/or ADM. But exclude the ADM since FCA got all whiny last time that happened with the Demon -- if it's numbered, which is what you are suggesting with 'limited' edition, which it may not be.

I still think it'll start in the high $50's though. There's just no history of behavior to suggest they'd price it at track hawk range.
Hope youre right but be prepared for an upset.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hope youre right but be prepared for an upset.
I mean honestly if it's not I'll just swap mine for less...but I would prefer warranty, etc. I really freaking hope they make a 2 door version. But they probably won't.
Sponsored