Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I’ll say it- the crazy horsepower means nothing to me. It’s a jeep. To me (and yes- I may be isolated), it falls into the category of racing trucks. Cool idea, but more to just make stat fans happy.
It’s the torque, not the horsepower that most of us running 37s and up are interested in.
Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any credibility to this?

Sponsored

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
Wow, I would have never thought this would mature any more than a 1-off teaser concept! It would be cool to see it continue on to make production but I bet it'll be auto only and crazy expensive.
Wranglers aren’t cheap. I suspect they’ll have people fighting over them regardless of the price. You gotta pay to play!

pmcgeejr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited Eco-Diesel (ready to order...)
Occupation
Network Engineer
I would love to see this option. I would trade my 2018 C300 Mercedes Benz in for a Jeep V8 JL Version any day.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
Wranglers aren’t cheap. I suspect they’ll have people fighting over them regardless of the price. You gotta pay to play!
is not gonna be cheap, prolly come with a gas guzzler tax. i wonder what the range will be and how they overcame the heat and safety issues, thats if this is really something in development. there is a company here in atlanta that will put just about any mopar motor you want into your jl. you just have to fork over a lot of money. i'd rather see something like a twin turbo 3.0l gas motor myself.... jeep needs more torque, a bit more power, and not at the expensive of a complicated, expensive and heavy diesel which would have been very nice before the epa forced all the add ons.

Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
This will be out of the price range for most people which is a bad move in my estimation. Also the way they are configuring it. A worked 5.7 with close to 400hp would have been a much better move because it would have been at a better price point and an option not just a package. Now people have to take a 85k jeep to start a “project”. very short sighted and not really positive from an “enthusiast” standpoint. Its pretty clear the entry price is going to prohibit large sales of this model which is what they want because the more they sell the higher carbon tax they have to pay. Tha k you lib tree huggers and your CaFE standards. You favor toxic lithium and centralized hydrocarbon burning.... makes sense...

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
I want a v8 wrangler bad. I’d definitely trade up but knowing FCA it’ll be some sorta SRT type of shenanigans where what would be a 50k Jeep is now a 75-80k Jeep.

if the pricing is realistic I’m all in. (Doubtful)
For that price, I will just save a little longer and get a TRX.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
This will be out of the price range for most people which is a bad move in my estimation. Also the way they are configuring it. A worked 5.7 with close to 400hp would have been a much better move because it would have been at a better price point and an option not just a package. Now people have to take a 85k jeep to start a “project”. very short sighted and not really positive from an “enthusiast” standpoint. Its pretty clear the entry price is going to prohibit large sales of this model which is what they want because the more they sell the higher carbon tax they have to pay. Tha k you lib tree huggers and your CaFE standards. You favor toxic lithium and centralized hydrocarbon burning.... makes sense...

Where are you finding the $85k dollar price tag? They haven't even been listed to the public for sale.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Its pretty clear the entry price is going to prohibit large sales of this model which is what they want because the more they sell the higher carbon tax they have to pay. Tha k you lib tree huggers and your CaFE standards. You favor toxic lithium and centralized hydrocarbon burning.... makes sense...
Wouldn't the higher entry price go towards... paying the higher carbon offset tax?

Also, let's keep the politics here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/politics-firearms-weapons-religion.112/