nostatic

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
That is beyond bizarre, never heard of anything like this. I did the same thing years back wth a lease on a 1999 ford pickup. I turned it in 2 months ahead of time but made the payments and fees. The dealer actually let it set in their fenced off area for almost two months before disposal.

obviously with a 15K charge at stake, I see your rationale for legal assistance. Hopefully it won’t take more than a legal inquiry on attorneys letterhead to wake up these idiots. Good luck, story to hear this.
I alternate between rage, depression, and disbelief. It’s quite the psychological party. More irony - this is the second CC lease in a row as we had the same model before. So almost 6 years as a customer with never a late payment.

at least I still have my sense of humor and a Jeep in the driveway - that is not associated with CC in any way, shape or form.
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I alternate between rage, depression, and disbelief. It’s quite the psychological party.
Truly this entire occurrence is an unfortunate, shitty and unnecessary ordeal for you. Continue to persevere, rise above the BS and when it is all over, you can go back to focusing on the things in your life that have more meaning and bring value.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
if you return early, they can use ”gross early termination amount” and demand the entire residual minus what the get wholesale - this vehicle has residual way above market). I wasn’t told that otherwise I obviously would have waited another month or two to return.

as they say, stuff happens then you die. Lesson learned but it’ll be an expensive one.
Bullshit! The guy only owes the remaining payments and the exit fees and that's it. It's a "closed in lease" meaning nothing can change other than over mileage or excessive wear. To the OP I've been in the auto industry for 36 year's, sale's manager, finance director, GSM so if you want pm and I'll see what's going on.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Tried that today - no go. Returned the car to the dealer after getting an inspection (that CC set up). Called CC that day to get the final amount and they said to wait for the statement which is what I just got. Car is already gone from the dealer - I called them today. Dealer said to fight it, that they are trying to grab money wherever they can. Dealer had no nice things to say about CC. Neither does the internet: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/chrysler_financial.htm
Report it stolen . How do they like you now ?

Sponsored

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
I paid CC off 2 times and they lost the check...2 times! The 2nd time they said , yes we got the check...but we can’t find it! I paid them off a 3rd time but To not be late, I had to pay another payment in the meantime. It overpaid them by a couple hundred, so they issued a debit card instead of a check, which I had to keep track of. 3 different times a supervisor promised to call about the missing checks, never happened! And never again CC!!!NEVER!!!

spleev

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport
If its on a Fiat 500e, yeah you are pretty screwed if they can really put you on the hook for the balance between wholesale and residual. 500es are auctioning for $5k off lease and residuals are over $20k if I remember rightly. I've had two of them--one of them I was paying $69 a month including tax. One reason I picked up my JLUS was because I had a big problem paying a $395 dispositon fee on a $69 monthly lease. And yeah CC is not friendly to deal with. I got really screwed on my first 500e on the damage because I was too dumb to get an independent inspection before turning in. You have to follow the letter of the lease because they really do.

AdamB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Sahara 4Xe (2024)
So, great... everyone has an opinion ...but did you get your attorney referral you originally asked for?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What someone says has no legal standing, only the contract. Pretty much standard procedure for early lease return to charge unless a signed agreement can be obtained in advance modifying the original contract. I always buy cash, then no issues with lease or loan plus with my alzheimers I don't need to worry about forgetting to make a payment.

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Truck Driver
I want to know why you are on jlwranglerfirums asking about a lawyer for a lease on a Fiat? Is there no Fiat forums?

Sponsored

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
I want to know why you are on jlwranglerfirums asking about a lawyer for a lease on a Fiat? Is there no Fiat forums?
Jeep is owned by FCA...Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Chrysler Capital is a finance provider for and owned by FCA. Hence, they provide financing options for Jeep And Fiat.

What I want to know is why do you expect him to limit who he asks for information from? It’s not like he came on here asking for info about Ford Credit.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
OP
OP
nostatic

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Just to wrap this - got the call today, they are reversing the paperwork and I only owe the remaining payments. They went back to the original call notes and determined I didn't imagine the conversation.

The escalation manager was very professional and I had zero issues dealing with her. Huge weight off my mind, now I have funds to mod the Jeep :)

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
That seems very odd. I didn’t turn in and walk away but traded in my leased GC High Altitude V8 eight months early; the calculated payoff was my eight monthly payments straight, no hidden fees. The dealer paid off the payoff from Chrysler Capital. When I asked them about purchasing early, there was no early lease termination fee either, just calculated months remaining on the lease and that’s all.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Just to wrap this - got the call today, they are reversing the paperwork and I only owe the remaining payments. They went back to the original call notes and determined I didn't imagine the conversation.

The escalation manager was very professional and I had zero issues dealing with her. Huge weight off my mind, now I have funds to mod the Jeep :)
Good to hear you got things resolved.

Which begs the question, why did they make up all those additional charges for? Their “customer satisfaction” numbers came in too high and wanted to bring them down a tick...?
Sponsored