Sponsored

Any Atlanta Jeepers out there?

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Just saying Hi. I had a ‘13 JKU for a few years, traded it for a dad wagon, and now about to trade that for my ordered JLR. Looking to hit these trails again this summer - it’s been a while. Also planning a trip back to Moab around early September. Cheers.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
We have a group from NC coming down this summer mid-july. Doing Charlie's Creek, Beasley Knob, and Stony Lonesome. Camping at Vogel and Cloudland Canyon along the way. Beasley Knob is currently closed but hopefully will be open by then.

If anyone is interested in joining some or all of it let me know. We have a text group set up and I can add you to it. As usual all are welcome. no egos, no attitude. Just good vibes.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We have a group from NC coming down this summer mid-july. Doing Charlie's Creek, Beasley Knob, and Stony Lonesome. Camping at Vogel and Cloudland Canyon along the way. Beasley Knob is currently closed but hopefully will be open by then.

If anyone is interested in joining some or all of it let me know. We have a text group set up and I can add you to it. As usual all are welcome. no egos, no attitude. Just good vibes.
I hope Beasley opens up soon. I'm sure there's a ton of work that needs to get done in there. Like I mentioned, my 4x4 Club does the adopt a trail program there and no word from the rangers on it yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeepfreak

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Add me to that list. Sounds like fun!

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man

I am interested

Sponsored

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads up, Beasley Knob was open this past weekend and it was a good time. DO NOT go if it has recently rained. At least, do not take your JL if it has recently rained as the main challenge of these trails are the steep ascents and descents. Once it gets wet you might as well be in a bobsled because you will be going where the trail wants you to go. But I have to admit, I have been driving past this place since 2006, headed for wheeling spots in Tennessee and Kentucky and I surprised myself with how much fun we had. You can do the whole place in a day.

Also, Lake Chatuge and Bell Mountain are some local attractions worth checking out. We have been camping at Jackrabbit Mountain on Lake Chatuge for years and it's only 30 mins from Beasley.

Beasley1.jpg

Beasley2.jpg

Beasley3.jpg

Beasley4.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

Jezones

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Beasley is a fun place. Just hope everyone is going the same direction

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads up, Beasley Knob was open this past weekend and it was a good time. DO NOT go if it has recently rained. At least, do not take your JL if it has recently rained as the main challenge of these trails are the steep ascents and descents. Once it gets wet you might as well be in a bobsled because you will be going where the trail wants you to go. But I have to admit, I have been driving past this place since 2006, headed for wheeling spots in Tennessee and Kentucky and I surprised myself with how much fun we had. You can do the whole place in a day.

Also, Lake Chatuge and Bell Mountain are some local attractions worth checking out. We have been camping at Jackrabbit Mountain on Lake Chatuge for years and it's only 30 mins from Beasley.

Jeep Wrangler JL Any Atlanta Jeepers out there? pic4

Its a shame they paved Bell Mtn about 4 or 5 years ago.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase

Every single time i go to Beasley Knob it's closed.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Every single time i go to Beasley Knob it's closed.
It is closed a good bit. Closed in the winter until after the spring thaw and then any time it rains. Unfortunatly its necessary to keep it open at all. All the other public wide track ORV areas in GA have been closed.

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've been up there a couple of times, but I never saw it before it was paved.
Other than the pavement replacing the rutted up road and the wooden stuff on top now, it hasn't changed much.

This was 2000. My little Bronco Ii is in this

20200720_194359.jpg

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Anyone want to get a group ride together for some time in August?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Jeep Wrangler JL Any Atlanta Jeepers out there? 20200720_194359

We went the next Thursday. I agree. I would not want to try it muddy. We spent a long day there but didn’t get to do it all. Looking forward to going back.