XM/Sirrius Radio Keep or not to keep

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So I'm coming up on my 1 year of free Radio service (not sure if its XM or Sirrius), but as you know after 1 year it's pay to play. I never though I would be someone who uses these pay for radio services, actually it was laughable to me. Now, since I have it for a year, I use it just about every time I get in my jeep. I probably haven't used AM/FM more than 3 times since the day I picked it up. So what are your thoughts, "To keep or not to keep"?
Sponsored

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
So I'm coming up on my 1 year of free Radio service (not sure if its XM or Sirrius), but as you know after 1 year it's pay to play. I never though I would be someone who uses these pay for radio services, actually it was laughable to me. Now, since I have it for a year, I use it just about every time I get in my jeep. I probably haven't used AM/FM more than 3 times since the day I picked it up. So what are your thoughts, "To keep or not to keep"?
Keep it! It's a painful change without it, in my opinion!

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
Keep it! I could never go back. I also have the app and listen to it at work on a Bluetooth speaker. Can't stand the adult contemporary crap they play. So I subject my fellow workers to Octane, liquid metal and turbo.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
keep it but call them or go online to the chat and get the 5.99/month rate for a year. then set a reminder on your phone to call them again next year or they will raise your rate
That's awesome.. I will do that.

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
keep it but call them or go online to the chat and get the 5.99/month rate for a year. then set a reminder on your phone to call them again next year or they will raise your rate
I have called them for years every 6 months to get 5.99/month. I am upfront with them and tell them that that is what I am looking for, most of the time they "find" a deal for me. A couple of times I have said, alright I will cancel, and then you get handed to the retention folks, and I tell them the same thing, I want to pay $5 or $6 a month, and they always work it out!
Last time I called to add a new car they offer it to me straight away, and then said, oh your Jeep will expire soon, how about signing up for something there, and I said sure, the same $5.99/month please :) They tried upselling but came back to it.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Terrestrial radio blows. It is absolutely worth keeping but only at the discounted rate.

Jnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Moab
Agree - keep it, but don't pay full price. Their best deals vary. I've gotten as low as $24 for 6 months, but currently got $60 for a year. That was the best I could do, but comes out to $5/mo. It's worth it for the amount of time I use it, and we listen at home now, as it includes online listening. "Alexa, play The Highway on SiriusXM." I use it every day. As others have noted, just be sure to call and haggle again before the subscription expires, or they'll renew it at the "regular" rate.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Its good on long trips, but you get the same songs looping over time. I re-upped it for another 6 months, in anticipation of a few long trips, that got cancelled. So, now I plan on letting it expire when it runs out again. I will have my wife and kids program some thumb drives with a bunch of songs, for the next trip instead.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I have Sirius in my truck and now you get the phone app with it, so I use the phone app in my Jeep on Bluetooth. BUT, I now also have Spotify and I’m seriously thinking about cancelling Sorius/XM for good.

Either way, over the air radio is terrible, commercial heavy and only plays a very limited music selection. No matter if it’s current music or classic.
Sponsored