Rubicon Recon or Rubicon?

FinnMalloy04

First Name
Finn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Grand Cherokee Limited
Hey guys I'm looking into getting a 2 door JL within the next year and was wondering if you guys think that getting the Rubicon Recon is better than getting a Rubicon. Of course will probably end up doing a lift with 37 or 35 inch tires and light bars and stuff like that. Also is the is better to get the 2.0L or the 3.6? Another main thing is I would like to not go over 55k. thanks!
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
They’re all good. Which one is better for you really depends on your needs and how you plan on using it. None of which you stated. We won’t judge you for how you respond to the questions so please be honest with your needs.

Notice how I italicized you? Because we can all give you opinions and we will all be happy to but at the end of the day, this is about you and how you plan on using your Wrangler.

OP
OP
FinnMalloy04

FinnMalloy04

First Name
Finn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They’re all good. Which one is better for you really depends on your needs and how you plan on using it. None of which you stated. We won’t judge you for how you respond to the questions so please be honest with your needs.

Notice how I italicized you? Because we can all give you opinions and we will all be happy to but at the end of the day, this is about you and how you plan on using your Wrangler.
Yeah I get it I just wanted some inputs that's all. Its mainly gonna be used as an off roader and daily driver for driving to Trade school.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I had a ‘19 JLR 3.6/8A and now have a ‘20 JLUR Recon. I am *loving* the Recon.

The 2.0 eTorque is a great engine and did very well on a trip to Arizona. I like the additional features of the Recon: leather dash, rock rails (make a useful step for me), etc. I priced out the Recon v. other configurations snd it made sense for me.

You can’t go wrong, just get what engine makes you happy.

Obligatory pics:
IMG_1408-X3.jpg

IMG_1429-X3.jpg

IMG_1405-X3.jpg

09AC21AE-55E7-4409-8D0A-2D6FFBB39AF9-X3.jpg

OP
OP
FinnMalloy04

FinnMalloy04

First Name
Finn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a ‘19 JLR 3.6/8A and now have a ‘20 JLUR Recon. I am *loving* the Recon.

The 2.0 eTorque is a great engine and did very well on a trip to Arizona. I like the additional features of the Recon: leather dash, rock rails (make a useful step for me), etc. I priced out the Recon v. other configurations snd it made sense for me.

You can’t go wrong, just get what engine makes you happy.

Obligatory pics:
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Recon or Rubicon? 09AC21AE-55E7-4409-8D0A-2D6FFBB39AF9-X3

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Recon or Rubicon? 09AC21AE-55E7-4409-8D0A-2D6FFBB39AF9-X3

Yeah I want a Sarge Green JLRR bad

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I didn’t think I was going to use or like these so much. Worth the money for my use which isn’t hardcore rock crawling.
They‘re very useful for me. I need a step due to my wretched knees. They have taken a couple hits (nothing major) and have worked well.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I have the Recon. I really like the drivability of this motor...torque is always in the sweet spot...and tomorrow I will be at high altitudes with it for the first time. Typically turbos are far better than NA motors at altitude. I don’t think you will go wrong either way....personal preference.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Yeah I want a Sarge Green JLRR bad
Sounds like the decision is made! Get what you want and never look back. Life’s too short not to and settling will always lead to regrets later.
Sponsored