Sponsored

Rugged Ridge JL Tube Doors Installed! *PIC*

HellaYella

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2dr (first Jeep ordered 2-7)
Vehicle Showcase
@aai and @HellaYella how did you paint the tube doors, rattle can or just take them to a paint/body shop, and if so, about how much $$?
I had a body shop do the work for me. I wanted a smooth finish so the Mopar doors had to be sanded down. I had some custom bumper pieces made and painted for adapting the fairlead done at the same time. Total was around 800.
Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Those painted doors look FANTASTIC. I did not expect it to look that good. Wow.

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I just got my front Fortis tube doors installed today. Something that I think everyone should absolutely do is re-install the hinge pin nuts on the bottom of the hinges before tightening down the hinge nuts that attach the hinge to the tube door. (pic of the hinge nut is below). This is listed in the instructions, but what jeeper ever reads those. This ensures the door's hinge pin is oriented straight in the body side of the hinge and not off kilter. It also makes it a LOT easier to shift the door around while trying to get the latch where you need it. I'm very happy with mine, going to run just the fronts for a while this spring/summer and likely buy the rears later.

Mine also required additional washers to extend the bottom rubber bumper closer to the jeep door frame to eliminate the rattle, but it did come with the new bumper with longer mounting screw to accomodate this (just not the extra washers).

JDA-Mopar-Nut-M6-Door-Pin_03_JK_55014-1261.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I just got my front Fortis tube doors installed today. Something that I think everyone should absolutely do is re-install the hinge pin nuts on the bottom of the hinges before tightening down the hinge nuts that attach the hinge to the tube door. (pic of the hinge nut is below). This is listed in the instructions, but what jeeper ever reads those. This ensures the door's hinge pin is oriented straight in the body side of the hinge and not off kilter. It also makes it a LOT easier to shift the door around while trying to get the latch where you need it. I'm very happy with mine, going to run just the fronts for a while this spring/summer and likely buy the rears later.

Mine also required additional washers to extend the bottom rubber bumper closer to the jeep door frame to eliminate the rattle, but it did come with the new bumper with longer mounting screw to accomodate this (just not the extra washers).

JDA-Mopar-Nut-M6-Door-Pin_03_JK_55014-1261.jpg
My rugged ridge doors on the rear they had to develop a new rubber stopper it like the back doors rattle and there was no fix so they design a new rubber stopper and it helped stop the rattle. If you're talking about the front doors open and closing them all the time they get loose where you put the boat to torque thing in there to tie them down on the front of the front of the front door from opening closing it all the time mine get loose and have to tie them down all the time I'm like damn somebody could just undo it by hand when he gets loose lift the whole door off and steal them

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Yes, the door bumper pre-installed on mine was the "new" version shown below (and from your ealier post). I just didn't get the extra washers to actually space it out. I'll keep an eye on my hinge nuts to make sure they don't loosen too badly, thanks for the heads up. Worst case if they loosen and fall off while I'm out and about that'll give me a reason to buy the locking hinge nuts to prevent theft of the doors.

Capture.JPG

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Well, since I do not qualify for any stimulus monies, I decided to do my duty and stimulate the economy, so to speak. I ordered the RR tubes doors and the mesh covers, today.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
You will really like them some people say what's the point doesn't protect you. it's not about protection it's if your wife and kids feel safer and if your dog feels a little safer. maybe he won't jump out mine puts his paws up on those tubes and I attached the strap to the buckle and his harness to the seat belt with his harness. I feel safer with him in there and something better than nothing but hey I'm older now I did a lot of crazy things in my younger days I don't feel the need to stick my foot out the door to be cool. Lol.where did you order the doors from like I said before in a post Northridge put them on sale in the summer you can get mirrors and doors pretty cheap with Northridge. I got the mirrors for free last Summer

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Sorry to hear you're having problems with them not getting back to you and that that broke. I've had no problems and this is the second summer I have used mine I guess I've been lucky.how can you fix that where it broke is it fixable or do you have to get a new door ? When I had problems in the beginning what's the doors ride on in the rear they came out with a new rubber stopper and sent me the new version within a week they've been very good about getting back to me when I had a problem. Did you call them and talk to them on the phone in tech support or did you email them? I would be on the phone calling them everyday until they quit ignoring me that would piss me off to have my break like that is it fixable or do you have to get a new door if I had to get a new door I've be making them at least split the cost of a new door

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Also where did you get the red leather did you get katzkin to put it in or where and who made it ?

ekoii

First Name
Emmitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Also where did you get the red leather did you get katzkin to put it in or where and who made it ?
So far, Iā€™ve only tried their help ticket system, but Iā€™m going to call their service number tomorrow and try that. Hopefully they will assist.

No, wonā€™t have to replace the entire door, just the two hinges. The hinges are bolt on, allowing for adjustment. Thatā€™s a good feature on these doors.

As for the leather, itā€™s Katskinz. They were offered through the dealership, and were installed at their shop. I coordinated with Criswell Jeep and they let me customize the leather order (leather type, color, design, thread color, text, etc,). But, any Katskinz installer can help with the same order and install.

Sponsored

Rubidream

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Rubicon Unlimited
Got my Rugged Ridge JL tube doors installed. I ordered these from Quadratec, less than $1000 shipped for all 4. Installation was very easy. The instructions weren't great but they were easy to figure out. The latch mechanism was pre-installed, but the hinges were not. You're supposed to put everything on loose and adjust from there. I found this rather difficult so when installing them I tightened them just enough to where they didn't move and made adjustments from there. I'm no pro at hanging doors, but it only took some minor adjustments to get all of my doors opening and closing very smoothly.

I think they look great on the Jeep, and the price was definitely right. The best part about them? ABSOLUTELY NO RATTLES! None, zero, zilch, even over uneven paved roads and dirt roads. This is one of my favorite mods so far... now if it'd just quit raining so I could get out out of the garage again.

On a side note - I disassembled one of the latch mechanisms just to see how it worked. These are extremely simple and would be very easy to fix if something ever went wrong with them. I was pleasantly surprised to see this knowing that there's no much on the product that could possibly fail. The entire latch mechanism is on a box that comes off with two torx screws, so if one ever were to fail, replacing it would take literally minutes. Finish seems to be extremely durable as well. I say they did an excellent job on these.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL Tube Doors Installed! *PIC* Capture.JPG
Hey. Just got my doors. Right out of the box thereā€™s something wrong with the drivers rear door latch mechanism. Would u suggest taking it apart to see if itā€™s something I can fix on my own?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes I love mine I got the mirrors they were on sale for 650 everything last summer no rattles they look so much better than the other doors out there and it looks better than no door when you got kids or pets. I'm going to have some kind of door what helped me in a wreck no it's for looks and keep your kids from falling out or your dog but my dog is strapped in anyway

Screenshot_20200216-202047_Gallery.jpg

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Those look great!

IĀ“m now wishing IĀ“d gone with Rugged Ridge. My doors were first delayed many months, then the first set had terrible quality control, with chips, rust, and missing parts. @Northridge4x4 helped me out greatly and sent what appeared to be a flawless set of replacement doors. I got them on and have run them much of the summer, then I discovered this in the door jamb, just below the latch...

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL Tube Doors Installed! *PIC* 4Uehk8A

So, I started looking around and found this on the back of the center tube on the Warn front doors.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL Tube Doors Installed! *PIC* WJDXAz9

The good news is that Northridge and Warn tend to stand behind their products. The bad news is that this is twice with problems, this one being a design error.

IĀ“ll keep everyone posted, but I wouldnĀ“t recommend the Warn doors at this point, until we know the design has been corrected. In the mean time, IĀ“ve put touch up paint on the small dent/chip in the Jeep door jamb, but IĀ“m less than thrilled about it. Otherwise, the doors have been great with a good fit and no rattles. The locks are great because they keep them from getting stolen and the arm rest on the front doors is very comfortable. I have TJ mirrors that fit ok, but if I had it to do over again, IĀ“d go with YJ mirrors. The rear doors seem to be perfect.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL Tube Doors Installed! *PIC* BAFr50S

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Those look great!

IĀ“m now wishing IĀ“d gone with Rugged Ridge. My doors were first delayed many months, then the first set had terrible quality control, with chips, rust, and missing parts. @Northridge4x4 helped me out greatly and sent what appeared to be a flawless set of replacement doors. I got them on and have run them much of the summer, then I discovered this in the door jamb, just below the latch...

So, I started looking around and found this on the back of the center tube on the Warn front doors.

The good news is that Northridge and Warn tend to stand behind their products. The bad news is that this is twice with problems, this one being a design error.

IĀ“ll keep everyone posted, but I wouldnĀ“t recommend the Warn doors at this point, until we know the design has been corrected. In the mean time, IĀ“ve put touch up paint on the small dent/chip in the Jeep door jamb, but IĀ“m less than thrilled about it. Otherwise, the doors have been great with a good fit and no rattles. The locks are great because they keep them from getting stolen and the arm rest on the front doors is very comfortable. I have TJ mirrors that fit ok, but if I had it to do over again, IĀ“d go with YJ mirrors. The rear doors seem to be perfect.

Did not know warn made doors. I would just stick with them on winch's. I really like my rugged ridge doors with the mirrors on them they look factory with the mirrors that you can order with the doors

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Those look great!

Could you adjust the hinges at all to push the door forward?
Sponsored