Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
That is an incredibly asinine statement. Understand physics much?
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t understand why folks are looking at the airbag non deployment as a negative. Thank God both occupants have minor injuries. Does anyone think airbag deployment would have meant no injuries?
Ever think if that airbag deployed just because the Jeep was in a rollover that maybe it could have CAUSED more injury?
It’s possible, those things are like a giant fist.
If the occupants facial bones were broken from hitting the dash then I’d say you have an argument.

CMU JEEP MONSTER

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Business Development
Vehicle Showcase
WOW.....Very happy you guys escape with only minor injury. From a vehicle safety stand point, it looks like the roll bars did their job.

gqgambler

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bright White Moab
I don't see any front-end damage so not sure why they would be expected to deploy. I had a 1st-gen Ford Escape and bounced it off a donkey while dodging a horse and llama (long story). No airbag deployment and I didn't spill my coffee I was holding. The bumper didn't get hit hard but the grill and hood were smashed. Enough to bust the radiator, damage the hood/fenders and create several hours of unibody frame alignment to the tune of $9k in damage which equated to it being totaled.
this sounds like a funny and good story knowing that you survived

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Actually, ALL Wrangler JLs have side curtain airbags. It’s a federal mandate.
Since when do JL Wranglers have them and since when have they been federally mandated???

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
It was really a lot of fun to be involved in a car crash from a car manufactured in the 60's. Here's a crash test of a modern car with air bags, crumple zones ,etc vs. a car from the 60's. I used to work as a test dummy in high speed crashes and I was pretty nervous when they put me in that old car!
Jeep Wrangler JL Airbag didn’t deploy. Accident with rollover giphy (65)

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
It was really a lot of fun to be involved in a car crash from a car manufactured in the 60's. Here's a crash test of a modern car with air bags, crumple zones ,etc vs. a car from the 60's. I used to work as a test dummy in high speed crashes and I was pretty nervous when they put me in that old car!
Jeep Wrangler JL Airbag didn’t deploy. Accident with rollover giphy (65)
Finally an explanation for your posts.

LeD

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stin-gray Sport S
Since when do JL Wranglers have them and since when have they been federally mandated???
The JL has them since it fist came out in 2018, they're located in the seat. The mandate is NHTSA rule FMVSS no. 266 and it requires every vehicle built after 9/1/2017 to comply.

LeD

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stin-gray Sport S
First of all, dude, never claimed it was a "curtain" airbag, just an SAB, so you must have me confused with someone else. Where in my comment did I mention that it would protect anyone's head? Where did I claim that it would protect back seat occupants? Simple, nowhere.

So instead of confusing people and telling them to "educate" themselves, you should apply that yourself, learn how to properly read messages and comprehend, an SAB (side air bag in case you don't know what it means) is not the same as a curtain airbag which it never was claimed the JL had.

Perhaps you're the one who needs a google session, "dude".

Lol.
Sponsored