Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
It sounds like you are talking about the Bronco Sport.
yes, i was talking about the sport. as of monday's release the info was only on the sport. i just looked ford.com and there's more info on the other models. so apparently there's a 2.7 coming out for the bronco.

after seeing that, its kinda dumb on ford part not to offer a v6 in the base model sport.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I think the Sport is Ford's answer to the Subaru. I wish they had named it something else.

since you mentioned that, i can see it. just like chevy destroyed the blazer name with the piece of crap for 2020.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
The bigger turbo 4 is the equivalent of an old v6.

maybe there will be a Roush Bronco Sport with the 2.7.
true. but, and not getting into a debate. turbos are not the answer to squeezing v6 power to a 4 or v8 power to a 6. they are not built to last on long term ownership. (just saying). i rather run a non turbo engine because of the reliability, low cost and long term ownership.

i'm sure roush will jump on the band wagon like any other vehicles in the line up. the question is how many folks are willing to spend $70+ on a bronco.

Sponsored

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
While Ford's trail maps sounds cool, it sucks that it will be subscription based. But one thing I wish the JL would be a feature that our Mitsubishi had - an altitude graph over time. When going up and down mountain grades, it was cool to watch the graph plot a heartbeat along the way.

It also had a temperature graph which often correlated to the altitude.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Anybody notice the angle and height of the rear track bar?
nuwnihzh8juzcbnomiuc.png

That's going to create a pretty low roll center. And with no rear sway bar, I'm beginning to wonder how much body roll this thing will have in the corners. The Wranglers roll center looks like it is about 2 inches higher and we have rear sway bars.

And the fact that it is already at a pretty good angle means that the axle is going to shift towards the driver side pretty substantially without any corrections when lifted.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So 35s are boring now?
I was yanking your chain regarding the warranty (I'm waiting till the warranty expires to throw a Ripp supercharger under the hood), but bigger tires are like an addiction... after awhile, you just need more to feel the buzz! I remember when I fit takeoff JK Rubicon 32s on my TJ- I thought they were just so cool. Now every time I see 40s on a Jeep I get the "that looks so awesome" shakes. :)

Seriously, regarding warranty I've had my Jeep in for service since putting on the 37s, and the service department didn't make any fuss about them (and they were even replacing the steering stabilizer as part of a covered TSB). When I picked it up, I asked the advisor if the 37s would void anything and he said "Not at this dealership- unless we can tell you were doing something crazy." My understanding is the axles on the Rubicon should be able to handle the larger tires, but time will tell!

You raised a valid point, as I'm sure there are plenty of dealerships that would deny a warranty claim based on tire size. I was just referring to the fact that it isn't very difficult- or expensive- to throw 37s on a JL. (Hmmm, wonder what the new Bronco 2 door would look like on 40s...)

Last edited:

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just talked to one of my life long friends. He works for Sam Pack Ford. Just at his dealership, they have 187 orders for the 2 Door Broncos this week. The 4 doors don't start till 2021.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
“I did flip through my file folder of my 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor last night looking for my Baja Designs rebate. This folder is so thick with repair invoices, I’ll never consider a Ford again.”

Oh wow! I’ve never had a problem on either Raptor (14 and 18,) the GT500, or really any of the Fords I’ve owned other then a sensor failure on a 2000 explorer. Sorry to hear you had trouble with yours.

Crimpcap

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Insight, 2016 CVO Streetglide
I just talked to one of my life long friends. He works for Sam Pack Ford. Just at his dealership, they have 187 orders for the 2 Door Broncos this week. The 4 doors don't start till 2021.
I don't think so.....

When will customers be able to finalize their reservations?
• Reservations opened on July 13. The selected dealer will reach out to customers to complete the configuration and place the order, expected to be July for Bronco Sport and December for Bronco.