First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Howdy Gang! The older I get, the harder time I have getting into lifted Jeeps and trucks. I was recently told by my wonder wife that I need to get a Rubicon and not a Sport S or Willy's because "you will never know where you will end up driving to"! The question is, will a stock height, no lift Rubicon be able to run the trails of southern Colorado and Moab without big concerns? I know many of you are running 2+ inch lifts and 37's, but how does a stock Rubicon do?

I was once told by a wise old man, "you only get so many bend overs in life, use them wisely". Now I'm getting close to the upper end of my "bend overs" and my back doesn't bend like it used to.
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy Gang! The older I get, the harder time I have getting into lifted Jeeps and trucks. I was recently told by my wonder wife that I need to get a Rubicon and not a Sport S or Willy's because "you will never know where you will end up driving to"! The question is, will a stock height, no lift Rubicon be able to run the trails of southern Colorado and Moab without big concerns? I know many of you are running 2+ inch lifts and 37's, but how does a stock Rubicon do?

I was once told by a wise old man, "you only get so many bend overs in life, use them wisely". Now I'm getting close to the upper end of my "bend overs" and my back doesn't bend like it used to.
No problem! You can fit 35's on a completely stock Rubicon as well if you ever wanted to make a minor upgrade.

confusiussaid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No problem! You can fit 35's on a completely stock Rubicon as well if you ever wanted to make a minor upgrade.
This. You could even add a set of half inch spacers from teraflex to make sure you wont run into any rubbing if your planning a winch etc. Very cheap and effective solution.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
People usually overcompensate instead of driving smart.
Subary Outback (stock height) can do Schafer Trail/Potash Road in moab with careful driving.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If its a 2 door you would be amazed what you can do with just 35’s if you are not afraid to hear scraping coming from under the jeep.

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
But seriously, without 35s, which trails should a stock 2-door rubicon not do in Moab? I went once in my old jku with 33s and a 1.5 or 2” tf budget boost, but that was almost 7 years ago.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
You can run the heck out of Colorado and Moab with a completely stock Rubi with 33´s. You may rub some skid plates, but it will shock you with what it can do. I ran my JK with 33´s and a 2¨ spacer lift in Moab and it was great. The JL Rubi has better clearance bone stock.

I ran my JK in Colorado with stock height and stock 32¨ Mud Terrain KM tires and while I rubbed the skids here and there, it had no problems. It was quite a sight, too. I had a LittleSeats 3rd row in it to accomodate me, my wife, and 6 kids! We had the time of our lives.

OP
OP
NMPirate

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
You can run the heck out of Colorado and Moab with a completely stock Rubi with 33´s. You may rub some skid plates, but it will shock you with what it can do. I ran my JK with 33´s and a 2¨ spacer lift in Moab and it was great. The JL Rubi has better clearance bone stock.

I ran my JK in Colorado with stock height and stock 32¨ Mud Terrain KM tires and while I rubbed the skids here and there, it had no problems. It was quite a sight, too. I had a LittleSeats 3rd row in it to accomodate me, my wife, and 6 kids! We had the time of our lives.
6 KIDS?!! Holy crap!! That is the Family Truckster of Jeeps!!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How the heck did you legally strap down 6 kids in a jeep?
I wish I had pics, but I had a rear facing seat from LittleSeats. The upholstery matched the stock grey cloth and it had shoulder straps for each. They were all young and small. The crew included 2 sets of twins! We pulled a pop up camper, too. Like I said, it was a sight to behold! Lol!

The Jeep handled it all very well, too!

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I wish I had pics, but I had a rear facing seat from LittleSeats. The upholstery matched the stock grey cloth and it had shoulder straps for each. They were all young and small. The crew included 2 sets of twins! We pulled a pop up camper, too. Like I said, it was a sight to behold! Lol!

Awesome man, please don’t think i was calling you a liar lol....i was just intrigued. I have no kids so i have no reason to call you out haha

OP
OP
NMPirate

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island

You got a picture of that rig? I would love to see that!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome man, please don’t think i was calling you a liar lol....i was just intrigued. I have no kids so i have no reason to call you out haha
Not at all! No worries! It brought back some great memories!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You got a picture of that rig? I would love to see that!
I will have to really go digging. I'll see what I can find this weekend.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Here is a listing of the Moab trails by the group that hosts the Easter Jeep Safari. Included is a difficulty rating for each trail.
https://www.rr4w.com/Trails-Home.cfm

And here is the minimum equipment that they recommend to run each of their difficulty rating.
https://www.rr4w.com/ratings.cfm

But, theses are just general guidelines. There's always going to be someone that claims to have run Fins and Things with a Crown Victoria for example.

Later,
Johnny
Sponsored