Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

kaffeian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 door Sport
Occupation
Lead Machine Operator
Is it possible to remove the entire top off the sky one touch?

it looks kinda funny. It is just like a long sunroof, not really topless.
I read somewhere (don't quote me on this) that it is. Jeep does NOT recommend it though. If you put it back on just ever so off it will ruin the cloth when you push it back.
Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
What I really want to know is how many people replaced their JKs with JLs thinking that mopar would actually make the half doors (with donuts or otherwise) available?? To me all those reveal photos that came out in the beginning were rather misleading. I had no idea I couldn't get those doors when I bought my JL. One year later and I'm still waiting for a product that was supposed to be released a full year before I bought mine.

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
My Jeep baseball cap would probably burst into flames as soon as I sat down in a Bronco, but I plan on test driving the Outer Banks and Badlands models next year; these seem to be the similar trims to Sahara and Rubicon; I much prefer the looks of Wrangler, but there are a few things I like about Bronco such as full side curtains for first and second row seats, hardtop design that won't allow water to pour into the interior when opening doors while it is raining, power front seat option, and a regular fixed windshield that should not have wind/water leak problems.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
to be honest, the bronco doesnt look all that bad 2 or 4 door version. i do like the different models that are being offered. the starting price on the base model is not that bad. i would have to see one in person because i still have mix feelings on some of the design features. the biggest down fall are the two engine options and they are only 4 cylinder. if ford offers a 6, then it would be worth looking at. so at this point i'll stick with jeep.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible to remove the entire top off the sky one touch?

it looks kinda funny. It is just like a long sunroof, not really topless.
You cannot remove the Sky One Power Top. They tell you don't lower your Windshield also.

I love the way you can open anytime but I like the Hardtop openness better. Plus I want a Rubicon so this is a reason too. ;) Another plus is I can keep the little lady out of my Jeep !!! :swear::swear::swear::swear::swear:

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
to be honest, the bronco doesnt look all that bad 2 or 4 door version. i do like the different models that are being offered. the starting price on the base model is not that bad. i would have to see one in person because i still have mix feelings on some of the design features. the biggest down fall are the two engine options and they are only 4 cylinder. if ford offers a 6, then it would be worth looking at. so at this point i'll stick with jeep.
2.7L is a twin turbo V6. It's been in the F-150 for a few years.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
2.7L is a twin turbo V6. It's been in the F-150 for a few years.
i'm aware of the 2.7. however the bronco is offered either a 1.5 or 2.0 i4s. beside that the 2.7 is just to small of a motor for a f150. turbos are asking for problems in the long run. lately ford have been having issues with the new turbo engine line ups.

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
i'm aware of the 2.7. however the bronco is offered either a 1.5 or 2.0 i4s. beside that the 2.7 is just to small of a motor for a f150. turbos are asking for problems in the long run. lately ford have been having issues with the new turbo engine line ups.
It sounds like you are talking about the Bronco Sport.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You cannot remove the Sky One Power Top. They tell you don't lower your Windshield also.

I love the way you can open anytime but I like the Hardtop openness better. Plus I want a Rubicon so this is a reason too. ;) Another plus is I can keep the little lady out of my Jeep !!! :swear::swear::swear::swear::swear:
Premium softop seems like a better option imo. Can pull it back easily, and can take the whole thing off. I don't see the point of the power top tbh, I don't know why FCA is so proud of it.
Sponsored