Sponsored

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
that cannot be true? they are still building the backlog of special order 2020s through July? only then will they start on the 2021s August 10 or something like that it's reported. Hope I'm wrong though for your sake!
I think he was saying he received a ship date on 7/9, not that the ship date was 7/9. Typically when a ship date is given it is closer to a build start date. I have seen a few posts stating they had ship dates of 8/7 and 8/10 which corresponds well with the estimated 2021 production startup.
Sponsored

SamB0311

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
Very good information here. Thank you for the write up.

I have one question. What about "build priority" codes? My POC say 01.

I know there appears to be little rhyme or reason to the order they produce the vehicles (I'm sure demand, parts availability, line efficiency, etc). Just curious how this "build priority" plays into things.

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

I know there appears to be little rhyme or reason to the order they produce the vehicles (I'm sure demand, parts availability, line efficiency, etc). Just curious how this "build priority" plays into things.
When your order first goes in it is automatically a build priority of 99. After the computer reviews the order and accepts it as correct, a sold order, and a D status the build priority goes to 01.

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

I've added an explanation of the Build Priority to the Guide. Thanks for bringing it up.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
When your order first goes in it is automatically a build priority of 99. After the computer reviews the order and accepts it as correct, a sold order, and a D status the build priority goes to 01.
Whew! Thanks for the clarification, I'm at 99 and that seemed to be a long way from status 1. Turns out, not so much.

Sponsored

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Whew! Thanks for the clarification, I'm at 99 and that seemed to be a long way from status 1. Turns out, not so much.
Thinking about contacting Jeep and having them prioritize their build order based on age. Someone in their 20s can afford to wait longer than us senior citizens.

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Liberty (formerly), 2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Where did you get the extra information? The sheet I brought home from the dealer when I ordered says :priority: 1 (sold order)" but I am not sure where to get updated status codes. I am in Crypto, but that's still a very coarse amount of data.

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get the extra information? The sheet I brought home from the dealer when I ordered says :priority: 1 (sold order)" but I am not sure where to get updated status codes. I am in Crypto, but that's still a very coarse amount of data.
Did you read the first post of this thread?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bottom right corner, right under HB / FFP / EP.

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Did you read the first post of this thread?
Lo and behold I have, and I still don't have answers which is why I asked.
I contacted Jeep chat and they told me that they didn't have a status, although Crypto had one. Other people that have ordered around the same time have more data, which is why I asked if there was another source that I can do it myself. I don't know if I just got somebody that didn't know what they were doing, she was surprised that I had a 2021 on order. Should I open a new chat and hope the next person is better?

Sponsored

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There is no status for 2021 orders in Crypto and all 2021 orders are in D or D1 status. The two choices for status updates are Jeep Chat and your dealer. Your dealer should have more timely info than Jeep Char once build starts but they don't like to be asked every day. A good dealer sales manager scans the outstanding orders every morning for status changes and sends a note to those customers. Most do not do that.

Crypto will show a build sheet found some time after the build starts and a sticker at some point after it is built. No status info is in Crypto.

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
There is no status for 2021 orders in Crypto and all 2021 orders are in D or D1 status. The two choices for status updates are Jeep Chat and your dealer. Your dealer should have more timely info than Jeep Char once build starts but they don't like to be asked every day. A good dealer sales manager scans the outstanding orders every morning for status changes and sends a note to those customers. Most do not do that.

Crypto will show a build sheet found some time after the build starts and a sticker at some point after it is built. No status info is in Crypto.
Crypto seems more of a 10,000 foot view, I mean it works...but as an engineer, I want more details. I am new to the ordering a vehicle world and had hoped that the buyer would have more tools to track the project. I would have figured that Jeep Chat would have access to the full database of information being Jeep, which I tried again today and he couldn't tell me if I was D, D1, or some less likely status code. It seemed like he didn't even know what I was talking about.
I asked my dealer and am waiting for a response, they are swamped since reopening after the COVID shutdown. He has been generally good, even if it takes a day to respond.
I'm anxious because I want to see a build date, even if it might change....it would show progression and a shred of hope. I just had to travel and rented a wrangler (not the right one tho) and the craving is real. Also, seeing people who ordered a week before me getting build dates that will allow me to enjoy it before the snow flies up here.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Crypto seems more of a 10,000 foot view, I mean it works...but as an engineer, I want more details. I am new to the ordering a vehicle world and had hoped that the buyer would have more tools to track the project. I would have figured that Jeep Chat would have access to the full database of information being Jeep, which I tried again today and he couldn't tell me if I was D, D1, or some less likely status code. It seemed like he didn't even know what I was talking about.
I asked my dealer and am waiting for a response, they are swamped since reopening after the COVID shutdown. He has been generally good, even if it takes a day to respond.
I'm anxious because I want to see a build date, even if it might change....it would show progression and a shred of hope. I just had to travel and rented a wrangler (not the right one tho) and the craving is real. Also, seeing people who ordered a week before me getting build dates that will allow me to enjoy it before the snow flies up here.
You can ask multiple Jeep Chat reps for status updates within the same day, and they'll each give you different, impossible, answers.

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep world doesn't work that way anymore because of customers. They used to have the Vehicle Order Tracking System online for customer orders that showed each status step. But because customers complained about it they pulled it.

Jeep Chat has general info with canned responses and during transit they give changing 2 week windows and tell you to contact the dealer. They have told customers it was starting the build process the same day the dealer receives it on the lot.

Crypto is a program a forum member wrote to query the Jeep build sheet database and their sticker database to send an email when yours appears if you are registered. These databases are for historical record and not status.

Jeep is in the business of building Jeeps not constant up-to-date status reporting.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
When I bought my 2016, there was a service ($25) on a JK forum that tracked your Jeep through production, and even through every railroad stop. Alas...no longer available.

My wife ordered a Mini in 2014. Their tracking was so robust that she has a picture of her ship, with her car onboard, navigating the Panama Canal. I ordered a Porsche a dozen years ago and remember GPS-tracking the ship all across the Atlantic and Pacific.

Jeep is missing the boat (no pun) by not offering a pay service to give the option to owners.
Sponsored