Sponsored

Tdurden032

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Very scary - glad you’re both okay and that no one was injured - accidents can happen so fast, just glad that you both came out unharmed...

Frogsme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara
Glad to hear you are ok. My 2018 was recently totaled by a rear end accident, I stopped, truck did not. If you have a lot of aftermarket parts request an independent appraisal, I did and it increased my value by almost 7000.00. Take care of yourself and wife, I know from experience you will feel the accident for some time

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mudawg10

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Glad to hear you are ok. My 2018 was recently totaled by a rear end accident, I stopped, truck did not. If you have a lot of aftermarket parts request an independent appraisal, I did and it increased my value by almost 7000.00. Take care of yourself and wife, I know from experience you will feel the accident for some time
Unfortunately the person who hit me has crap insurance. Might be a blessing though. My insurance has me at no fault, full replacement value of what I paid, plus taxes, and anything I have receipts for since I have new car replacement.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Glad you’re OK and congratulations on being smart and having adequate insurance to cover yourself and your vehicle.. Living out here in Southern California among the dreamers if you want to protect yourself You have to have great insurance that covers you know matter what. I was hit hard by a ca DUI dreamer with no license or insurance , If it wasn’t for my insurance I would’ve lost everything.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see any front-end damage so not sure why they would be expected to deploy. I had a 1st-gen Ford Escape and bounced it off a donkey while dodging a horse and llama (long story). No airbag deployment and I didn't spill my coffee I was holding. The bumper didn't get hit hard but the grill and hood were smashed. Enough to bust the radiator, damage the hood/fenders and create several hours of unibody frame alignment to the tune of $9k in damage which equated to it being totaled.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm no engineer, but I believe the air bag sensors moved from being planted in bumpers to being centrally located accelerometers, similar to what's in your cell phone. They have to register forces that meet certain criteria in certain directions and then the appropriate airbags deploy accordingly.

Again, I may be completely wrong about that, so don't take it as gospel. I'm not completely sure where I read or heard that.

PinoyPinay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Like everyone is saying...glad your are both ok...On another note, if you do plan to get another jeep...see if you can keep that windshield, not sure what it's made of :)

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Glad to see you made it out of that ok! Also good that nobody was sitting in the back... I'm not sure what I was expecting but I was hoping for a little better rollover performance than that lol. Still decent I guess.. but yeah.

I had almost that exact same thing happen to me a few years ago. It totaled our car, but luckily I wasn't driving my JK at the time! I still walked away a bit surprised the car was busted up as much as it was in a ~35mph crash. I can't imagine how bad a freeway accident is.

I've always had a lot of respect for how dangerous driving a car is. Please take care! I hope you're back on the road with a shiny new Jeep or whatever else soon! I also wish you guys the best!

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I think that'll buff out... Glad you are ok!!

On another note, my wife would be happy to make you a deal on her Sting Gray Sahara JLU, loaded out... ;)

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I hope you’re right. Just hope there isn’t an airbag problem in case others truly needed them.
I rear ended a little Nissan car probably doing 35 and he was dead stopped (sudden stop in the middle of the intersection) and my airbag didnt deploy. What is the speed at which they are supposed to deploy?

Also, my accident was another example of the Jeep being very safe. Pretty sure I totalled the Nissan... my plastic bumper has a few scratches on it...

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Holy moly glad you and the missus are okay! You just might have the strongest JL windshield in this planet!

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Also, my accident was another example of the Jeep being very safe. Pretty sure I totalled the Nissan... my plastic bumper has a few scratches on it...
If you rear end a car with a jeep, especially a lifted jeep, you'll crash into their trunk or their a/b/c pillars because your bumper is way higher than theirs. Of course that's going to fuck their car up. They're not designed to be hit by vehicles that high.

That's also why cars keep becoming higher and higher every year, because the difference in height is rather dangerous. It's why almost everyone moved over to buying those little SUVs that look like toilets, too.
Sponsored