First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
US Navy
The salesperson at the dealer I bought mine said that Jeep ran out of the hood decals with the wording and red border and went to the flat black one and then to none at all. I also notice you do not have have side vent decals with the stars and stripes.
You're right. The side vent decals are just solid matte black bit I like them regardless. The solid black on the gray is a nice contrast without over-doing it IMO.
Sponsored

Finnley

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Figured I better jump in with another granite Recon!

Picked up in May... Projects are coming along nicely.

• Swapped out the wheels for Venomrex Flow Forged 20's with 35" Patagonias
  • Full audio build is here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicougs-recon-audio-build.52459/
  • Lighting is in process. Baja LP6's on the bar, LP4's on the A pillar, Squadron Amber fogs, Red rock lights for interior footwell, and a pair of S1's for backup duty. All on the OEM Aux switch.
  • Plenty of farkles and trinkets - window tint, Tazer, HikeITX9, mats, clear side markers, etc.
  • I've got a Borla Climber touring on order - who knows when I see it.

Recon1.jpg

Recon2.jpg

Recon3.jpg

Recon4.jpg
Great looking wheels!

Finnley

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Has anyone noticed that your analog speedo registers a mile or two faster than your digital and GPS speedos? Not a big deal, but its a slight annoyance on my 3-week old JLU Recon.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
My 2020 Sting Gray Recon. I added the spare tire taillight, Hot Head headliner, Bartact seat covers, tint and antenna. I plan to add spacers and then 35s once the stock tires need replacing. Never realized it before but I'm noticing from many other people's Recons that I don't have the red striping on the hood and side decals but I'm good with that. The black on gray looks good. One of these days I'll get it off road and dirty like my previous Jeeps.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 RUBICON RECON Edition JL Club Thread IMG_9691

Mine was a February build and it too came with black only decals. I like the black hood decal though would have preferred the flag fender decals I've seen on other Recons.

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
Mine was also a February sting grey build and it has the American flags and the red outlines on the fender and hood. Odd why some are different.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
...somewhere between Bend, OR and Pocatello...another perfect day in the Recon!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 RUBICON RECON Edition JL Club Thread IMG_9677

-Steven

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
I know this thread is under the “photo and video“ section, but since it is the official Recon Club thread, I figured I’d ask in here. Do we know if the Recon wheels are thesame offset as the Rubicon wheels? I’d imagine yes.

I’m debating on grabbing a set of 1.75” wheel spacers (either Spidertrax or synergy). I did 1.5” Spidertrax on my Stock JKUR For looks before I lifted and Did 33” tires on proper wheels. This time around, I like the look of the OEM Recon wheels so much, that if/(when) I go bigger tires I would likely keep the the wheels. Just want to make sure the offset / backspacing is the same as the JLUR wheels so I know it will look right.

pic from yesterday for attention !!

AFB46344-EF71-40AB-82F8-9C2CAF5FBC2C.jpeg

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
I know this thread is under the “photo and video“ section, but since it is the official Recon Club thread, I figured I’d ask in here. Do we know if the Recon wheels are thesame offset as the Rubicon wheels? I’d imagine yes.

I’m debating on grabbing a set of 1.75” wheel spacers (either Spidertrax or synergy). I did 1.5” Spidertrax on my Stock JKUR For looks before I lifted and Did 33” tires on proper wheels. This time around, I like the look of the OEM Recon wheels so much, that if/(when) I go bigger tires I would likely keep the the wheels. Just want to make sure the offset / backspacing is the same as the JLUR wheels so I know it will look right.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 RUBICON RECON Edition JL Club Thread AFB46344-EF71-40AB-82F8-9C2CAF5FBC2C
I think they are the same as the Gladiator Rubicon wheels.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 RUBICON RECON Edition JL Club Thread AFB46344-EF71-40AB-82F8-9C2CAF5FBC2C
I used Bora 1.25” spacers - looks perfect to me.

47814DEE-E665-4A80-8919-F7466D694AB9.jpeg

FB00A19F-7842-415F-8DFB-C3EA8987ED23.jpeg

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Just outside of Twin Falls on the Snake River. The 2.0 is an exceptional interstate cruiser.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 RUBICON RECON Edition JL Club Thread IMG_9695

-Steven

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm glad to hear the 1.25" spacer work. You're not having issues with the studs bottoming out in the pocket?
I carefully measured - I have nearly 1/4” to spare. That said I think 1” might be too close for comfort.