Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
I'm back with a new build! I had my black JLUR for just over a year and decided it was time for a change...

I worked with Covert here in Austin. If you're in the market tell Justin Gann I sent you and that you're a member here at JLWF. He'll take great care of you!

Anyhow, I picked up this fresh 2019 JLUR on March 30th with intentions of having all the parts delivered, installed, and on the trailer to leave for Moab that next Friday afternoon....

IMG_1737.jpeg

I'm admittedly a big fan of Rock Krawler's products so my choice there was simple. I went back with another 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 on this Jeep, which includes the bump stops and their 2.25" RRD shocks. The ride and handling is fantastic and the off road capability is amazing due to the RRD shocks being the perfect length for maximizing travel. The Rock Krawler kits are really more of a "suspension system" than a lift kit. You'll find if you pick one up for yourself and install it that there are a lot of small tweaks that really unleash the JL's potential. I'd highly recommend their products and am happy to answer any questions anyone has about them.

Here are some pics of it sitting on the stock wheels and tires with the 3.5" X-Factor.

IMG_2023.jpeg
IMG_2024.jpeg

The factory steering components leave quite a bit to be desired on the JL, so a quick call over to @Steer Smarts got me fixed up there. I installed their bottom mount drag link and tie rod setup and relocated the factory stabilizer for now, but I will be installing a Fox ATS at some point in the near future.

I didn't have time to mess with bead locks before the trip, so I opted for a set of Fuel's new Nitro wheel. They are light weight and ended up looking really good on the Jeep.

For tires, I decided to give something new a shot and went with a set of the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss in 37/1250/17. They are an asymmetrical tread pattern and are very close to a Cooper STT PRO, but supposedly they are made out of a new rubber compound. I cannot confirm nor deny... I did not taste them. LOL I will say that they worked very well in Moab, but most everything does out there! I'll give them some punishment here in Texas in the next few weeks and let ya'll know what I think! They make some noise on the road, but are nice and smooth. I ran them at 12 PSI all week in Moab whether we were on the trail or in town running around and never had any burping or bead seating issues. Overall, I'm happy and I'd buy them again.

I finished things off on Thursday with a new Teraflex Alpha HD Adjustable Tire Mount. I have always liked the Teraflex Hinged Carrier for the JK and Teraflex makes extremely nice stuff, so I was excited to get my hands on it. It did not disappoint! It holds the tire very close to the tailgate and is far beefier than the factory tire mounting setup. The camera and third brake light relocation are trick and I love the no-tool removal if you end up needing your spare tire. I will add their version of a hinge as soon as it is released and firm everything up once and for all back there.

I buttoned everything up on Friday morning and we headed out Friday evening for Moab!

IMG_2131.jpeg

IMG_2170.jpeg
IMG_2171.jpeg
IMG_2207.jpeg
IMG_2221.jpeg
IMG_2345.jpeg
IMG_2365.jpeg
IMG_2370.jpeg
IMG_2374.jpeg
IMG_3356.jpeg

The Jeep performed awesome and we had an absolute blast! We made the last minute decision to go to EJS as a family this year and it was my 13 month old daughters first real road trip. She did well and we even took her on a few light trails. The JL is such an awesome platform for a capable family or group wheeling adventure. I love what Jeep has done to improve upon the JK platform and look forward to many years of making memories in this one!

I'll keep things updated as they progress!

Thanks for following along!

Marcus
Sponsored

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
@River City Offroad , does the teraflex tire mount extend the backup camera out more? Just wondering if you see less of the wheel vs stock carrier with aftermarket wheels

OP
OP
River City Offroad

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Here are some pictures for you! I don’t notice the wheel, but I usually back up by feel... LOL

D0F492EA-2A67-4C5F-855D-21FF7BBCA700.jpeg
0ECAD7AC-FDA7-4C7B-A886-50F18ABA0185.jpeg

1E072127-8182-427F-9D65-B491F19D0DE4.jpeg

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Looks great bud. Were making ejs and annual trip. Not to necessarily do the ejs guided trails but enjoy all the extras.

Found a bunch of things we “need” after Moab!

Brett

Sponsored

OP
OP
River City Offroad

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Solid build brother
Thank you! I'm happy with it's performance, but there will definitely be more!

Looks great bud. Were making ejs and annual trip. Not to necessarily do the ejs guided trails but enjoy all the extras.

Found a bunch of things we “need” after Moab!

Brett
Thank you! Moab is such a magical place and its even better during EJS when there is SO much to look at! Hopefully we can get together and wheel sometime!

It's pretty badass Marcus. But ole Tink will always be my favorite
Thank you! Its hard to follow Tink. That was some of the reason I ditched the black one. I wanted to get away from the black and gold theme that I'd been carrying and try to separate my brain from going nuts again. Ha ha!

OP
OP
River City Offroad

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation