Sponsored

2020 Rubi JL Alpine Subwoofer access

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I believe I read something re/ this a while back on these forums. For nothing more than cleaning purposes, can the grill to the Alpine Subwoofer be removed?
Sponsored

laraza2k1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4X4 2019 2 Door
I believe I read something re/ this a while back on these forums. For nothing more than cleaning purposes, can the grill to the Alpine Subwoofer be removed?
I had this issue a few weeks ago after a trip to the beach and got sand all on the cone of the subwoofer (I have the Alpine upgrade) on my floorboard of my 2 door Rubicon. Once I pulled the surrounding panels off and got to the enclosure it became apparent I would have to take the sub completely off. Removing all the fasteners, the sub grill looked to me as if it was attached (glued perhaps) to the surround of the speaker. Rather than risk damage to the sub by prying off the grill, I just disconnected the speaker wire connections (make note of which wires go where as there are 4 total plugs attached to the sub) and gently blew compressed air thru the grille to clean. Even though this wasn't difficult, it was not very time friendly either. In the future I might just use the compressed air and a shop vac. But while I had it open, I did stuff with some Polyfill I had lying around inside the enclosure to help bass response.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I had this issue a few weeks ago after a trip to the beach and got sand all on the cone of the subwoofer (I have the Alpine upgrade) on my floorboard of my 2 door Rubicon. Once I pulled the surrounding panels off and got to the enclosure it became apparent I would have to take the sub completely off. Removing all the fasteners, the sub grill looked to me as if it was attached (glued perhaps) to the surround of the speaker. Rather than risk damage to the sub by prying off the grill, I just disconnected the speaker wire connections (make note of which wires go where as there are 4 total plugs attached to the sub) and gently blew compressed air thru the grille to clean. Even though this wasn't difficult, it was not very time friendly either. In the future I might just use the compressed air and a shop vac. But while I had it open, I did stuff with some Polyfill I had lying around inside the enclosure to help bass response.
Thanks for this. It’s too bad the grill just can’t come off with a few screws. The location of the sub lends itself to attract all kinds of debris.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
It's incredibly easy to pull the entire panel off and unplug it, and not remove the sub from the panel.

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
It's not that bad. Removal of the floor rails is the only difficult part and it's simple
Sponsored