Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
First crack? Ford made the Bronco for over 30 years. After looking at the content in yesterday's reveal I'm impressed (and I've NEVER been a blue oval guy). They are going to sell a metric shit-ton of those things. I'm happy to see it as it represents true competition in the market which is good for all of us.
I'm old enough to remember the early Broncos. But there's an entire generation of kids in their 20s who have never seen a Bronco (except maybe OJ's in a youtube video). These are the kids who have graduated from modding Honda Civics to modding Wranglers.

Time will tell, but I think Ford has a steep hill to climb.
Sponsored

STgrayFury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm happy to see the Bronco finally coming to life. Maybe this will change how FCA and some of it's dealers actually treat their customers.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
FCA and Jeep royally screwed the pooch with JL pricing. I'm hoping that the new Bronco actually bites into Jeep's market share and forces them to come back toward reality with their prices. The competition should help all consumers.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Are there any forum members who are open to IFS on the Wrangler? They both have their advantages, with better daily driver capability being a huge one for IFS. Given that like Jeeps, the vast majority of Broncos will rarely if ever be used as an off road vehicle, IFS will be an advantage. No death wobble.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
^^^^ Run away! Lol

Last edited:

Ruri

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD, Gen 2 Raptor, 997.1 Turbo, F90 Competition
Occupation
Not FDIC
What the Tesla reservation did was lock in the current price. I don’t know if it’ll lock it in for Ford.

I did flip through my file folder of my 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor last night looking for my Baja Designs rebate. This folder is so thick with repair invoices, I’ll never consider a Ford again.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
When Jeep was planning the JL there was an uproar on the JK forums that they better not go to IFS. Even when the JL first came out some thought it was heresy that Jeep had put in a conventional door stop.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
When Jeep was planning the JL there was an uproar on the JK forums that they better not go to IFS. Even when the JL first came out some thought it was heresy that Jeep had put in a conventional door stop.
The fear is that once Jeep starts putting IFS on Wranglers, eventually it will make its way to the entire lineup. Including Rubicons.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I've shored up my front end so much there's no way I'm getting death wobble. It's as solid as the one ton steering on my truck now and I plan to add RPM 2.5 ton steering soon.

IFS' advantage is less un-sprung weight for high/er speeds. You can address that with high dollar/properly valved shocks on a solid axle. The Ford fanboys claim the bronco has 'IFS like KOH or Utlra4" buggies.. its not. like comparing apples to oranges. Even the high dollar KOH guys will swap up their solid axle buggy over the IFS for rock courses. These guys have unlimited budgets.. If IFS was better, and make no mistake their IFS has ZERO in common with the Bronco's IFS, they would use it.

The overall consensus from Ultra4 racers is that IFS gives you the upper hand through the desert while solid axle is an advantage in the rocks. ... Solid axle however, is noted to have more ground clearance and better maneuverability (turning radius) within the rocks

We will see if the Bronco is fake news or not very soon. Look at all this low hanging fruit.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/07/13/2021-ford-bronco-suspension/

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 1594826924960

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 1594826953729

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 1594826992715

Last edited:

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
FCA and Jeep royally screwed the pooch with JL pricing. I'm hoping that the new Bronco actually bites into Jeep's market share and forces them to come back toward reality with their prices. The competition should help all consumers.
I'll just be happier to see less Wranglers on the road. I like the unique look, but seeing it as often as I do, with 250k of them sold each year, means I see them too often. The Gladiator is a treasure to see. Honda Elements, FJ Cruisers, those aren't out there in as many numbers and it's fun seeing them driving around. Jeep Wranglers, well it's just tiring.

ETA: yes I know there were only a bit over 300k Elements sold and over 200k FJ Cruisers sold in their run time. I'm not saying I want that few Wranglers, but over 2 million JKs and JLs sold in the last decade is too many on the road to make them special
Sponsored