Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
  • Banned
Like many of you, I'm just getting my feet wet with Ford's Bronco offerings, how they're marketing the new vehicle and the features it has.

If you run across ideas the Ford design team had that you'd like to see incorporated into a Wrangler, do share here.

For example, I like how the back seats--at least from some video I saw--have the ability to put the seat up to store items hidden below.
Sponsored

Anonymous

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JLUR
Now remember yā€™all I am a new Jeeper so a little grace before someone throws some shade lol, but I did like the interior bike rack. I also liked the price points for the various packages. Smile yā€™all life is good!

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

off road package available even on base model

35" tires stock
body mounted mirrors
half doors that stow in the cargo area
fully open roof
front camera
vinyl seats (is the floor carpet?)
modular hardtop has removable "freedom panels" over the rear seats instead of a giant half shell.
factory beadlocks

Now remember yā€™all I am a new Jeeper so a little grace before someone throws some shade lol, but I did like the interior bike rack. I also liked the price points for the various packages. Smile yā€™all life is good!
i didnt see interior bike rack. ive watched a few videos. got a link?

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Body-mounted mirrors
Pull-out tailgate
Gas strut on the swing gate
More modular hardtop
Frameless doors

35" tires stock
Yeah, 35" tires on the base model from the factory is incredible

The ones with vinyl seats have a rubberized floor with drain plugs. Cloth or leather get carpet from what I understand.

That's on the Bronco Sport.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Lower gears

The doors are okay, but tall for half doors so I don't really care about the ones that the Bronco has. Storing them in the back is kinda silly to me as I always have a cooler or dog with me.

I like the mirror on the body, but I hope that it's also removable. I would hate to knock it off on a tight trail.

35s this should already be offered for the Wrangler. I don't necessarily want stock 35s, but it is a point of pride for Ford that their Raptor, Tremor, and now Bronco have 35s

Anonymous

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JLUR

35" tires stock
body mounted mirrors
fully open roof
front camera
modular hardtop has removable "freedom panels" over the rear seats instead of a giant half shell.
factory beadlocks

let me see if I can

35" tires stock
body mounted mirrors
fully open roof
front camera
factory beadlocks

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1128801_2021-ford-bronco-reveal-livestream

About the 9:45 mark.

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
Lower gears

The doors are okay, but tall for half doors so I don't really care about the ones that the Bronco has. Storing them in the back is kinda silly to me as I always have a cooler or dog with me.

I like the mirror on the body, but I hope that it's also removable. I would hate to knock it off on a tight trail.

35s this should already be offered for the Wrangler. I don't necessarily want stock 35s, but it is a point of pride for Ford that their Raptor, Tremor, and now Bronco have 35s
Agree. There was so much hype about patented new technology to store doors which is just putting them in bags in the cargo area? LOL. 35's from the factory and the slightly longer 2Dr dimensions are the two things I wish Jeep had done.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Body-mounted mirrors
Pull-out tailgate
Gas strut on the swing gate
More modular hardtop
Frameless doors

Yeah, 35" tires on the base model from the factory is incredible

The ones with vinyl seats have a rubberized floor with drain plugs. Cloth or leather get carpet from what I understand.

That's on the Bronco Sport.
i would LOVE to have rubberized floor with drain plugs. i would to be able to take a hose to the interior of my jeep and just wash it out. wth do i need carpet on the floor for. its constantly dirty from off roading and kids. i have the rubber floor mats but thats really no comparison to a rubber floor that you can hose off.

my wife is loving the bronco. idk if she wants me to trade the jeep in or get one for herself lol. either way, it wont be out for a year and then ford dealers will be stupid with mark ups and what not. i cant wait to see some comparos between the two. they do look great.

we went to the Miller Trail this past weekend. there are some parts my jeep struggled a little to get over (no lockers). guy with a near stock ZR2 with us climbed everything with no issues, on 32" tires.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Agree. There was so much hype about patented new technology to store doors which is just putting them in bags in the cargo area? LOL. 35's from the factory and the slightly longer 2Dr dimensions are the two things I wish Jeep had done.
i think its pretty cool. is the patented technology how theyre stored or how the doors come off and/or how theyre made? its a lot easier to store half a door than four full size doors. they could fit on shelves in the garage as opposed to having to have their own wall.
id rather see if the whole/most of the modular top can be stored in the back. that would be really cool.

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Small wish list,
Rubicon needs:
35ā€ stock (37ā€ option)
High abrasion fabric seats. Maybe something like a waxed canvas. Why is there leather in a vehicle that says ā€œRubiconā€.
Exposed door trim, like LR defender.
heavier duty center rest.
Rubber flooring option.
Rear area rubberized, why is it standard plastic?
Grab handle/side visor.
Multi piece hardtop.
Heavier duty roll bar. This should standard in all Jeeps.
Real Rubicon rims. These aluminum ones are nice, but a joke.
Do we need a Jeep that slots up?
Real roof rack that attaches down to the roll bar for 400lb for tie down loads.
A rear seat head rest that detaches or folds. This is a ridiculous oversight. Donā€™t they test cars with car seats?

I mean, I wouldnā€™t mind a better engine, but Iā€™d rather have utilitarian improvements.

Placebo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something with 4 wheels

35" tires stock
body mounted mirrors
fully open roof
front camera
factory beadlocks
Add in LED lights, power windows, and keyless entry, and AC as standard across the board without jacking up the price too much.
Sponsored