Has anyone tried Exposed Racks?

Shub_32

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Runicon
The supplied carriage bolts may strip out the hole when trying to remove. I stripped all of mine. The company was working on different bolts. They sent me hex caps that work much better and no worries of stripping them. And I cut all the extra threads off all the bolts. The back ones prevented the top from sliding in the track

6660D43C-A587-4F2A-B80F-6E6CB77AFDD0.jpeg

3F272002-CD37-4FC0-9C17-3EFB8C959CE9.jpeg

image.jpg
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Is anyone waiting for their rack? know what's going on with this company? I put an order back on May and It keeps getting pushed, it was supposed to ship on June, then got pushed to July, now apparently August..... I know Covid is a bitch but I can't wait that long for a rack I paid over $500, I am probably going to have to cancel. Anyone knows about a good alternative? just looking for a no drill system that can hold 300lbs dynamic on the hardtop.

I haven't gotten a note or any sort of information from the manufacturer. Nothing, just the shipping date keeps being pushed and that's all.

AggEyes

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Wrangler JLUR
Hey, it might be worth giving them a call. I just called a few minutes ago
Is anyone waiting for their rack? know what's going on with this company? I put an order back on May and It keeps getting pushed, it was supposed to ship on June, then got pushed to July, now apparently August..... I know Covid is a bitch but I can't wait that long for a rack I paid over $500, I am probably going to have to cancel. Anyone knows about a good alternative? just looking for a no drill system that can hold 300lbs dynamic on the hardtop.

I haven't gotten a note or any sort of information from the manufacturer. Nothing, just the shipping date keeps being pushed and that's all.
It may be worth giving them a call. I just called a few minutes ago and talked to George, the owner. Nice guy, and he helped me walk through exactly what parts I needed to order for a two person tent on hardtop JLU. He said that they're about a week out on most shipping, depending on the part. Hopefully that's accurate, though I'm a little concerned based on your post.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

It may be worth giving them a call. I just called a few minutes ago and talked to George, the owner. Nice guy, and he helped me walk through exactly what parts I needed to order for a two person tent on hardtop JLU. He said that they're about a week out on most shipping, depending on the part. Hopefully that's accurate, though I'm a little concerned based on your post.
Ill give them a call. Theyve been pushing shipping for a while now. I ordered my rack in late May.

FoxtrotX

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL

What did he tell you to order for the JLU? Was wondering if I really needed the 3 bars or if the 2 bar with weight distribution legs would work.

Sponsored

AggEyes

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did he tell you to order for the JLU? Was wondering if I really needed the 3 bars or if the 2 bar with weight distribution legs would work.
So... I have a two person tepui and a hard top, and he still recommended the 3 bar system for the weight distribution For when the top is on, but with the top off I can use .

I ended up ordering the black three bars click-in and 6 of the click-in brackets, as I’ll likely just run with the top on for now.

AggEyes

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ill give them a call. Theyve been pushing shipping for a while now. I ordered my rack in late May.
Any word or luck on this? Just deciding if I should be following up next week or not, as my order was just placed on Monday.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Any word or luck on this? Just deciding if I should be following up next week or not, as my order was just placed on Monday.
I have been waiting for an eternity. More than a month, I received an update for my kayak carrying accesories "expected to ship august 15". Pretty crazy, that's over 2 months!. No news for the racks.... I don't know what's going on there. Did you order yours?. Mine were supposed to ship around June 15, then pushed to end of June, then pushed to beginning of July. Nothing. I did get charged about $500 instantly though, they did not have any issues with that. Maybe I'll get them next year.

Shub_32

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Runicon
Used mine for the first time. Took a while to figure out the easiest way to strap it down. Still trying to figure out how to carry the kayak without removing the windows and just using the sunrider position. It needs to be about 5” taller to clear.

193BAB2B-C24A-4F92-A6EF-549A36D608DB.png

AggEyes

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been waiting for an eternity. More than a month, I received an update for my kayak carrying accesories "expected to ship august 15". Pretty crazy, that's over 2 months!. No news for the racks.... I don't know what's going on there. Did you order yours?. Mine were supposed to ship around June 15, then pushed to end of June, then pushed to beginning of July. Nothing. I did get charged about $500 instantly though, they did not have any issues with that. Maybe I'll get them next year.
Goodness, I hope it shows up soon for you.

I ordered my rack about a week ago and my RTT got delivered today, so I'm hoping the rack will be here in the next week. Planning on a week long camping trip last week of the month. I have other tents and will be fine, but would prefer to be off the ground.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Goodness, I hope it shows up soon for you.

I ordered my rack about a week ago and my RTT got delivered today, so I'm hoping the rack will be here in the next week. Planning on a week long camping trip last week of the month. I have other tents and will be fine, but would prefer to be off the ground.
This is the message I received from them. It is rough out there man, I hope they manage to get through these hard times.

"Hi Enrique, We apologize for the delay. We have been completely backed up in the past couple of months due to an increase in demand for our roof racks and major limitations regarding staff safety, slower production, shipping delays, etc related to COVID-19. However, the good news is that production is moving and we are starting to get caught up on inventory. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Regards, Ana "

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine and got them in in about 2 weeks. I got them about 3 weeks ago. I love them. they are sturdy and look very nice. I don't have a picture yet, but till update with one soon. I got the 2 rack system for the hard top. Easy to install, but if you try to move them while "loose" they may scratch your rain gutter. I would recommend taking the screw out and lifting up and moving them. I leave them on even if I am not hauling something, just put the front one back past the freedom panels when not hauling so I can take off the freedom panel if needed, otherwise place the front one about 6-8 inches from the windshield and it works great.

tdoga2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I wish some company could engineer a rack that could go on the outside of my soft top and would be easily removable. I don't think I should have to pay for a full-on Gobi exoskeleton to do this. It seems silly.

I love the rack idea discussed on this thread, but you're really screwed if it starts to rain unexpectedly.

AggEyes

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish some company could engineer a rack that could go on the outside of my soft top and would be easily removable. I don't think I should have to pay for a full-on Gobi exoskeleton to do this. It seems silly.

I love the rack idea discussed on this thread, but you're really screwed if it starts to rain unexpectedly.
This is good to know... I ordered mine last Monday and called today to check and they said that they have the bars just going through quality control right now so hope to have them shipped in the next week or two, and orders should be processed in the order in which they're received. Of course, depends on what was ordered and such.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Did u guys get your racks? it has been freaking over 2 months for me. unbelievable.
Sponsored